2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You do realize when he dons his fur coat that his super powers return right?

Believe it or not Strev. lost track of that fur coat, it should have been put up for auction for a charity or in the BB HOF as a preserved artifact.  In an interview he said he borrowed it from the mother of his GF's at the time, but I think Strev. found himself a new GF.  Not sure the lady was from Wpg. but with a little bit of sleuthing it could probably be located. 🤫

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

sincere question....... 

You know how often guys come back from the NFL and they're just not the same as they were before? Maybe they changed their body type, or whatever, to fit in down there, and when they come back it doesn't translate and they're just never the same again........?

Any chance that happens with Strev? 

Not too worried about it.  He stayed at QB and was working on throwing mechanics a lot more.  Only thing I'd be worried about with a guy who is 5 years older is willingness to run recklessly like he did in 18 and 19.

47 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not too worried about it.  He stayed at QB and was working on throwing mechanics a lot more.  Only thing I'd be worried about with a guy who is 5 years older is willingness to run recklessly like he did in 18 and 19.

I'd be more excited that Pierce would utilize Strev as a QB rather then LaPo getting cute and creating overly complicated RPO plays that put a lot of mileage and big hits on the guy.  

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

People put too much importance on qbing. But it does carry a lot of responsibility. But people hate on blink for kgs injury, turned on lawler for not keeping up his insane pace late in the season etc. if lawler Brady etc we’re QBs they’d a been run outta town long ago. 

It's the one position where you can't cheap out.  You can slide lesser talent in here and there at other positions, but not at QB

some interesting stuff from Our Man Tait, and I highly encourage you to give him a click:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/01/12/1st-10-january-12/

Just a teaser for you that I think a few will have interesting:

1. Had a great conversation with new Blue Bombers defensive coordinator Jordan Younger earlier this week. That story can be found here.

Yours truly couldn’t cram everything from a 24-minute chat into that first piece, and one of the intriguing chunks not included was a discussion on how Younger puts his stamp on the Blue Bombers defence. That answer, it turns out, is both complicated and fascinating.

“Let’s talk about blitzing, for example,” Younger said. “it’s not about whether there is more or less of that, it’s when you do it. Everybody’s doing similar things at the end of the day. You’re rushing four, you’re rushing five, you’re rushing six or rushing seven. Those are the options on the table. What makes each play caller unique is how well can you make coverages, systems and reads match up with what the offence is doing. We’ll try to be dynamic that way where we have tools built into the system so we can solve problems in real time and not necessarily have to wait until we review what was going on. That would be my goal.

17 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It's the one position where you can't cheap out.  You can slide lesser talent in here and there at other positions, but not at QB

We’ve seen lots of teams splurge on QBs and cheap out on ol etc doesnt work. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

some interesting stuff from Our Man Tait, and I highly encourage you to give him a click:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/01/12/1st-10-january-12/

Just a teaser for you that I think a few will have interesting:

1. Had a great conversation with new Blue Bombers defensive coordinator Jordan Younger earlier this week. That story can be found here.

Yours truly couldn’t cram everything from a 24-minute chat into that first piece, and one of the intriguing chunks not included was a discussion on how Younger puts his stamp on the Blue Bombers defence. That answer, it turns out, is both complicated and fascinating.

“Let’s talk about blitzing, for example,” Younger said. “it’s not about whether there is more or less of that, it’s when you do it. Everybody’s doing similar things at the end of the day. You’re rushing four, you’re rushing five, you’re rushing six or rushing seven. Those are the options on the table. What makes each play caller unique is how well can you make coverages, systems and reads match up with what the offence is doing. We’ll try to be dynamic that way where we have tools built into the system so we can solve problems in real time and not necessarily have to wait until we review what was going on. That would be my goal.

That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear from jy I hope we see it too. 

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Believe it or not Strev. lost track of that fur coat, it should have been put up for auction for a charity or in the BB HOF as a preserved artifact.  In an interview he said he borrowed it from the mother of his GF's at the time, but I think Strev. found himself a new GF.  Not sure the lady was from Wpg. but with a little bit of sleuthing it could probably be located. 🤫

As much as I like Strev... but between the under arm odour, beer stains & smell of puke, I'll pass on that fur coat.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

We have also seen the opposite. The Bombers spent a number of years in that hinterland, as you well know. 

It’s true. If you are building a team I think it’s much easier to build around a cheap running qb and hope to find a guy who can carry you to wins with his arm down the road. Once you lock in that contract and have a reasonable back up your clock is running and it’s late in the evening. 
 I think the fact that we had to win with D, turn overs, teams, and running game to start with allowed us to progress into a dynasty. I’m talking pre Nichols, then Nichols then post Nichols, we slowly moved up from a team that had to win with every thing but qb, to a team that could manage the game to a team that could dominate. 
 When you start around offence I don’t think you ever develop that defensive attitude of expecting to have to win the game every week instead of just not losing it. 
 Qb is the most important position, but it’s not a head of any unit on the team, and the strength of it diminishes faster than any other position. Put prime flutie on our worst teams in the past 20 years and you have a terrible team and an injured flutie. Put this ol in their prime on it and they’ll find a qb who can game manage. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As much as I like Strev... but between the under arm odour, beer stains & smell of puke, I'll pass on that fur coat.

I mean that coat has probably seen more action than the beds in a motley Crüe tour bus too. I’d put it on a mannequin with the jeans cowboy hat/boots no shirt and a fake beard behind 4 inches of glass in the bomber store. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mean that coat has probably seen more action than the beds in a motley Crüe tour bus too. I’d put it on a mannequin with the jeans cowboy hat/boots no shirt and a fake beard behind 4 inches of glass in the bomber store. 

Make sure the room has plenty of ventilation.

23 hours ago, BBlink said:

Also signing Strev essentially means no Prukop and probably a rook at QB3

Streveler straight up for Dru Brown and Prukop? Upgrade in my books.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Does it bring back too many bad memories?

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It’s true. If you are building a team I think it’s much easier to build around a cheap running qb and hope to find a guy who can carry you to wins with his arm down the road. Once you lock in that contract and have a reasonable back up your clock is running and it’s late in the evening. 
 I think the fact that we had to win with D, turn overs, teams, and running game to start with allowed us to progress into a dynasty. I’m talking pre Nichols, then Nichols then post Nichols, we slowly moved up from a team that had to win with every thing but qb, to a team that could manage the game to a team that could dominate. 
 When you start around offence I don’t think you ever develop that defensive attitude of expecting to have to win the game every week instead of just not losing it. 
 Qb is the most important position, but it’s not a head of any unit on the team, and the strength of it diminishes faster than any other position. Put prime flutie on our worst teams in the past 20 years and you have a terrible team and an injured flutie. Put this ol in their prime on it and they’ll find a qb who can game manage. 

That works to a certain extent - but you're not going to be a perennial contender.  

13 hours ago, Tracker said:

Streveler straight up for Dru Brown and Prukop? Upgrade in my books.

Does it bring back too many bad memories?

Yeah, my days at the U of M with parties, beer bashes & socials. Then being single after I graduated & started working full time. Spent a lot of time in the bars. I have more than a few stories I won't ever tell.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, my days at the U of M with parties, beer bashes & socials. Then being single after I graduated & started working full time. Spent a lot of time in the bars. I have more than a few stories I won't ever tell.

AHHHH the single life....I could post a few occurences of the 'good life' that would curl a few people's hair ...BUT it would be just an 'old fart' reminiscing about a time long gone....The socials were the best .....some of them never seemed to end....As far as all of the women that passed through my door ....reflecting back , like the ol song goes..'I'm glad they came along'

Edited by Stickem

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

AHHHH the single life....I could post a few occurences of the 'good life' that would curl a few people's hair ...BUT it would be just an 'old fart' reminiscing about a time long gone....The socials were the best .....some of them never seemed to end....As far as all of the women that passed through my door ....relecting back , like the ol song goes..'I'm glad they came along'

I didn't get married until I was almost 32. I had my fun.

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

That works to a certain extent - but you're not going to be a perennial contender.  

Not likely in that stage no. Contender development is usually long and multi staged. Then a team like the ALs fluke into a ship lol. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Not likely in that stage no. Contender development is usually long and multi staged. Then a team like the ALs fluke into a ship lol. 

Yep. And the Bombers could have quite easily done the same and they had the opportunity several times.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I didn't get married until I was almost 32. I had my fun.

Got me beat by a couple of yrs....tied the knot at 29....I've always told my son ....live large while you're young and single....Good advice isn't always heeded....he was snared at 20...but he's happy....so was I