Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Literally a 40 point shutout in the 2025 GC is the only way this regime can make up for this. 
Maybe not the worst, but absolutely the most embarrassing loss in Bomber history. 

I was JUST thinking this was worse than 2001. Marcus Crandell was a better QB than Fajardo ever will. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Literally a 40 point shutout in the 2025 GC is the only way this regime can make up for this. 
Maybe not the worst, but absolutely the most embarrassing loss in Bomber history. 

comparing O'Shea to Grant ....which I have read is quite laughable ....This Cup game was the worst called I can remember in a decade ....oops just recalled the last one

You gotta give some credit to Montreal D. They played well and our D did not. What was Bighill doing out there at all? Also, Faj outplayed himself, threw just one pick - and that was a great pick by Holm, not necessarily a bad throw. Not wanting to toss Zach under the bus but now you wonder every time: do we get the good Zach or the bad Zach? There's the exact reason why Hamilton, Toronto and Sask let him go. Anyhow, lots of changes in store next season. Hope this was not our best crack at the Cup for awhile ...

Just now, Doublezero said:

You gotta give some credit to Montreal D. They played well and our D did not. What was Bighill doing out there at all? Also, Faj outplayed himself, threw just one pick - and that was a great pick by Holm, not necessarily a bad throw. Not wanting to toss Zach under the bus but now you wonder every time: do we get the good Zach or the bad Zach? There's the exact reason why Hamilton, Toronto and Sask let him go. Anyhow, lots of changes in store next season. Hope this was not our best crack at the Cup for awhile ...

That Fajardo pick was the perfect example of how our tactical plan on D was so misguided.

You let him have that throw in single coverage and all the receiver has to do is outfight the DB.  You drop guys out and do it purposefully to bracket Mack (simply have one guy over top, one guy trailing) and those throws aren't there.  Fajardo has to put the ball at risk to try to be accurate or start spinning around in the backfield.

Instead we blitzed 6-7 into 7 man max protect routinely and gave him the Cover 0/1 looks he can work with...all he can work with because he has a horribly inaccurate and weak arm in terms of getting the ball there on time at any distance downfield.

It hurts so, so much because we gave this one away...and we just had the gameplan for the same QB to perfection last week in the West Final.

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Its been a great 4 year run and I know I shouldn't complain after 4 straight cups with 2 wins but the past two years have been so frustrating.

Especially when we played not to lose two years in a row. We said it was just another game and the rest didn't matter - we played like it was obvious we would win and we just had to wait for that outcome.

Where the hell was Markeith Ambles? Why wasn't he dressed? He's been here for a month & should have known the offense by now. Yet, he never dressed. We needed help at receiver & signed no one other than him & then never played him. We didn't bring in anyone else. So, we played with really only one healthy receiver in Lawler. And we only threw to him a few times. That pick by the Als DB, the pass was underthrown. We played with a crippled receiving corps & did nothing to change that. 

I went basically my whole life without seeing the Bombers win a Grey Cup until 2019, and my kids have only seen the Bombers win or play in them. 

There will be change and this is likely the end of an era. But I'm going to take a second and just reflect on the amazing run that this team had. I am so appreciative to pretty much everyone involved in the organization. Management, coaches, players...they've put so much into it. Winning Grey Cups is just difficult. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Where the hell was Markeith Ambles? Why wasn't he dressed? He's been here for a month & should have known the offense by now. Yet, he never dressed. We needed help at receiver & signed no one other than him & then never played him. We didn't bring in anyone else. So, we played with really only one healthy receiver in Lawler. And we only threw to him a few times. That pick by the Als DB, the pass was underthrown. We played with a crippled receiving corps & did nothing to change that. 

Who gives a **** about Ambles?

He's just a guy.