Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'd say this year would classify as dominant as well. 1st in just about every meaningful statistical category, 1st in the West, and onto the Grey Cup with a dominant victory over our next closest rival.  I guess we could have been more dominant, but that's really splitting hairs as far as I am concerned. 2021 and 2023 can end with the exact same outcome. Not sure how they are not remotely the same. I mean we like to wax poetic about 2021 because we didn't drop a deuce in a game or two but our win % this year is virtually the same and our margin of victory is better.

this yr was good....but also we had 6 real weak sisters....so good seemed dominant...2021 was dominant...2022 could be as well, tho we tailed off as yr went due to some issues that kind of manifested more this yr...

Look at it this way....we had a hot car...envy of everywhere....people couldnt keep up....but some miles and wear was put on it....and it wasn't the bee's knees no more....but able to keep us in the race, and win but at times was iffy, and harder than it should have been, especially when new racing rules came out to allow us to take the restrictor off the engine...but we were too far sighted to do it....and people caught right up....even took our title from us, and supplanted us as top car in the new race season

Meanwhile we had some new gold tipped spark plugs in the garage...a new tire, and premium fuel to use instead of the old regular.....but we didn't use it.....but....if we did....we couldn't be touched again by the other racers.......that encompasses our last yr and a half

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

this yr was good....but also we had 6 real weak sisters....so good seemed dominant...2021 was dominant...2022 could be as well, tho we tailed off as yr went due to some issues that kind of manifested more this yr...

Look at it this way....we had a hot car...envy of everywhere....people couldnt keep up....but some miles and wear was put on it....and it wasn't the bee's knees no more....but able to keep us in the race, and win but at times was iffy, and harder than it should have been, especially when new racing rules came out to allow us to take the restrictor off the engine...but we were too far sighted to do it....and people caught right up....even took our title from us, and supplanted us as top car in the new race season

Meanwhile we had some new gold tipped spark plugs in the garage...a new tire, and premium fuel to use instead of the old regular.....but we didn't use it.....but....if we did....we couldn't be touched again by the other racers.......that encompasses our last yr and a half

Who exactly overtook us? BC...nope. Toronto...only on paper and because of a massive discrepancy in scheduling of tough games. We are still the top dog and Sunday will reinforce that. We had two teams that realistically challenged us as top dog. We went 3-1 against BC, and 1-0 vs Toronto. Yea we let our guard down a few too many times this year but that is not the same thing as not being as dominant. When we show up to play there is no one in this league that realistically has a shot at staying with us. That's still dominance. Our ability to dominate is as good as ever over the past 4 years, and consistency in doing so is not the same but that is an entirely different issue.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Who exactly overtook us? BC...nope. Toronto...only on paper and because of a massive discrepancy in scheduling of tough games. We are still the top dog and Sunday will reinforce that. We had two teams that realistically challenged us as top dog. We went 3-1 against BC, and 1-0 vs Toronto. Yea we let our guard down a few too many times this year but that is not the same thing as not being as dominant. When we show up to play there is no one in this league that realistically has a shot at staying with us. That's still dominance. Our ability to dominate is as good as ever over the past 4 years, and consistency in doing so is not the same but that is an entirely different issue.

yeah toronto was a papered better record....but thats what I was referring to...we should have had the west clinched much like toronto clinched the east this yr...we let people get closer than they should have been

and the bolded part...too many times we didn't show up ready to play....Inexcusable for a veteran laden coaching staff and roster

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah toronto was a papered better record....but thats what I was referring to...we should have had the west clinched much like toronto clinched the east this yr...we let people get closer than they should have been

and the bolded part...too many times we didn't show up ready to play....Inexcusable for a veteran laden coaching staff and roster

I agree that we dropped a couple deuces this year, and I think we took some teams for granted or didn't play 60 minute ball in a couple of the losses, but realistically in games of any significance we were dominant.

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

The Hubris is strong in this thread. 

How so?

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Very Very Very good read, everyone can pull something out of this to use in there own life.

Just came to post this too. I remember a lot of us (myself included) questioning whether he had it during the first 6 games last season and then the switch went on for him. Just phenomenal how he's changed since then.

24 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I'm reminded of Speedy B in the 2019 cup when he blew a tire and popped a nut. ..His "No Mas" moment.

Mayba the faj will go with a "No Maas" too?

Blew a tire and popped a nut.

You should have access to the TSN broadcasting crews headsets in what to say.

Rod: What just happened there Duane?

Duane: Well it seems he blew a tire and popped his nut. That will take him out minimum three plays for sure. Back to you Rod.

I think we’d all agree this would help immensely spruce up the professionalism and accuracy of what’s really going on at field level.