GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions

MOBomberFan

12 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I expect the CONTROLLED method was the key to the whole game ... it was the KEY mindset that was the difference maker ... AND it will be the same strategy for Cody Fajaro ... rinse and repeat

no need for hero plays

Yeah, I saw Willie standing at the line of scrimmage just waiting to pounce. Worked out great.

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

We had Cole.doing that as well the previous game...looks like Hall been mixing up who so the Vaj didn't know an escape route...brilliant 

Aside from a couple of dumb penalties that Cole took earlier in the season, I like what I've seen from his play. Perhaps, the Bombers' brass has a succession plan or two in place.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And then the receiver doing the half time interview a minute later saying, "No, it was a pure Hail Mary".

Yup...that play....how they did it was just how u do it....one guy goes for ball... predetermined...and the other guys bubble around him for that exact reason...if the ball is batted or ripped....Suitor is such a tool... embarrassing for the league...

1 minute ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Aside from a couple of dumb penalties that Cole took earlier in the season, I like what I've seen from his play. Perhaps, the Bombers' brass has a succession plan or two in place.

Liked him since last yr and thought he should have been getting reps...but last 3rd of season has been taking regular rotation reps...better late than never...and it keeps Bennett off field.

I like our 3 man fronts with walker or Lawson and the Jeff's and then Cole and Clement causing havoc....now if we can roster that explosive Fox to add to that front and spell off Walker....damn....him in middle with Jeff's would be hard to contain...He gets off the ball.so.damn fast and with power

19 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Except when he threw it up in the air, he was still standing up. I initially thought that it was a botched lateral. Anyway, Bombers won.

He was gassed and couldn't get an angle into the end zone. He stopped and looked for a lateral. Just 5 yards but 5 hard yards. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

He was gassed and couldn't get an angle into the end zone. He stopped and looked for a lateral. Just 5 yards but 5 hard yards. 

the Vaj actully knocked it up in the air.....tho I think he was looking to pitch it off...so no fault of his there

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Rewatching the game. TSN is bad at their job.

- Started off saying it was Winnipeg's 4th straight Western Final (it was their 5th)

- Graphic showed Dru Brown in the starting secondary.

- Had the score at 19-3 at one point (it was 18)

- Suitor going on about how Zach set his feet to make a nice throw across the middle, despite the video showing him literally leaping and throwing in the air.

Not even at half time yet.

They also had a graphic saying “Winnipeg hasn’t lost a west final at home since 1994 vs Baltimore”

Wrong, they haven’t lost a west final at home since 1972. 

It’s a technicality but someone gets paid to know this stuff. 

Just now, Booch said:

the Vaj actully knocked it up in the air.....tho I think he was looking to pitch it off...so no fault of his there

The Vaj was also wrapped around Holm’s knees like a little kid trying to tackle his dad. 

You of all people must have had a laugh. Holm as Vernon’s Daddy.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

They also had a graphic saying “Winnipeg hasn’t lost a west final at home since 1994 vs Baltimore”

Wrong, they haven’t lost a west final at home since 1972. 

It’s a technicality but someone gets paid to know this stuff. 

The Vaj was also wrapped around Holm’s knees like a little kid trying to tackle his dad. 

You of all people must have had a laugh. Holm as Vernon’s Daddy.

I gotta get a hold of that kid this winter and get some size and power into him...and a lil streak of aggressive meaness...then I may be won over a bit more lol

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I gotta get a hold of that kid this winter and get some size and power into him...and a lil streak of aggressive meaness...then I may be won over a bit more lol

He’s won me over this year with playmaking abilities. Not sure I’ve ever seen a player look so improved from their first couple starts. That game he started at HB and returner last year was atrocious. 

If he was a bit more of a hitter, he could be an all timer at FS. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

He’s won me over this year with playmaking abilities. Not sure I’ve ever seen a player look so improved from their first couple starts. That game he started at HB and returner last year was atrocious. 

If he was a bit more of a hitter, he could be an all timer at FS. 

If he keeps improving like he did this year. He'll be one of if not the top DB in the league next year.

12 hours ago, bustamente said:

...................and there biggest gaffe Suitor telling all of Canada that the Hail Mary play was planned to get the TD the way it did

despite being pissed off about the play… I was happy to hear on the live call Dustin say “a lucky bounce and it falls to Mcinnis” or something to that effect 

3 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Clements looks a lot more comfortable in the middle than he did at WIL.  I'd say if your LB crew was Wilson, Cole, Clements in those two spots you'd be in pretty good shape.

28 minutes ago, bearpants said:

despite being pissed off about the play… I was happy to hear on the live call Dustin say “a lucky bounce and it falls to Mcinnis” or something to that effect 

Yeah they planned for Parker to smack the ball right to McInnis.😂

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

On 2023-11-13 at 10:06 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea I heard that too. Nope not a set play more of bend over let’s insert this horse shoe. 

It isn't a set play but it is a set receiver formation. It requires luck for that formation to work and anyone with even an ounce of football knowledge will tell you that they don't realistically go for a hail mary with anything more than a slim hope of success in their mind. Credit VA for getting out there, it was a long throw but after it left his fingers a ton of luck was needed. McInnis was the set trailer on the play and there is usually another receiver behind the scrum as well...both hoping that the ball gets swatted their way. It's a very low % play, and rightfully so. Anyone saying it was executed perfectly is disregarding the fact the play is actually named hail mary because you need divine intervention for it to work.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

It isn't a set play but it is a set receiver formation. It requires luck for that formation to work and anyone with even an ounce of football knowledge will tell you that they don't realistically go for a hail mary with anything more than a slim hope of success in their mind. Credit VA for getting out there, it was a long throw but after it left his fingers a ton of luck was needed. McInnis was the set trailer on the play and there is usually another receiver behind the scrum as well...both hoping that the ball gets swatted their way. It's a very low % play, and rightfully so. Anyone saying it was executed perfectly is disregarding the fact the play is actually named hail mary because you need divine intervention for it to work.

believe McCinnis and Lucky were both trailers and i think Cottoy was on backside.

Also like mentioned I think on broadcast...we effed up allowing The Vaj to roll to his strong side....big miscue by us