Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

6 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I hope its -25C and the leos huddle around that stupid space heater while our boys are out there in sleeves.

I get your point but at some point it gets so cold, it levels out... at -25 both teams will be uncomfortable... like we saw in 2021 against Sask... game was closer than it should've been because of the cold...

something around -5 is perfect... enough to make BC shiver while Wpg will be in their comfort zone.  

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Even if its -1c at kickoff thats still going to be pretty cold what with a bit of wind and no sun.

Definitely favours the Bombers with the later start time.

Especially if we've been practicing in **** all week and they've been in the dome..

best way to beat vaj, if he is playing well, is to keep him on the sideline, by ball control Bomber grinding Offence.

nothing fancy. just steady grinding up the B.C. defence.  

use The mop and the league best O line. 

then when theyre on the ropes.... finish it with lawler bailey demski wolli.

Edited by Mark F

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Especially if we've been practicing in **** all week and they've been in the dome..

The Lions don't practice under the cozy dome of BC Place. No, no, they've got themselves an open-air training setup in Surrey. And with the weather forecast, it seems like they're in for a damp and rather chilly week of preparation. Gotta love the unpredictability of the elements!

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The Lions don't practice under the cozy dome of BC Place. No, no, they've got themselves an open-air training setup in Surrey. And with the weather forecast, it seems like they're in for a damp and rather chilly week of preparation. Gotta love the unpredictability of the elements!

Chilly???  It was 14C in Surrey today and will be dipping down to 9C by Friday!

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

yeah it's 10C here in Kelowna right now.  Nothing like -2C in Winnipeg, especially when the sun goes down.  Last year was pretty pretty freaking cold, and I hope it's even colder this year.  VAJ will be running for the space heater after getting 2 and outs as fast as possible, kind of like Kevin Glenn in Calgary back in 2006...lol...

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

best way to beat vaj, if he is playing well, is to keep him on the sideline, by ball control Bomber grinding Offence.

nothing fancy. just steady grinding up the B.C. defence.  

use The mop and the league best O line. 

then when theyre on the ropes.... finish it with lawler bailey demski wolli.

Yup hands on hips BC D sucking in air while VAJ has his big jacket on the sidelines watching.

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Hope it’s cold. 
 Gonna be a tale of pass rush and dl/front play. The team with a qb in trouble struggling to run is gonna lose this game. I fully expect it’ll be bc in trouble and is punching our ticket to the gc. 

Only problem with cold weather is that Zach doesn't play the best. I just want to see us open up the scoring first, don't be surprised by anything from BC, bring an extra lineman in for protection etc.. I hope we smash the piss out of them and Zach buries that lions team.

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Only problem with cold weather is that Zach doesn't play the best. I just want to see us open up the scoring first, don't be surprised by anything from BC, bring an extra lineman in for protection etc.. I hope we smash the piss out of them and Zach buries that lions team.

ace in the hole...Brady and especially our oline thrive in it....same can be said with our physical receivers

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Play action and Brady will be key

constant brady, and motion with others getting the odd carry, or threat of it...will basically neutralize the rush....and our big boys will chew up the BC twirps on the dline.....Likely they try and enforce run defence too....going to a lot of man....and we all know what we did to their man coverages

10 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You’d better not be planning to watch the game from your La-Z-Boy making a wish like that. Fans in the stands would prefer a bit warmer. 

Hahha no. I set behind the away team bench. I always tell the opposing team to at least buy the space heater dinner first

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

How ruthless do you guys get down there? I'm always interested in what is being said. I hope it's brutal and hilarious. 

My nephew was in the gang taunting the Lions coming out and going in to their dressing room last WF - he said Rourke gave some pathetic speech about how it's "us against the world" last year when they came out of their dressing room and the Bomber fans listening to it (including my nephew) were totally tearing him apart in the end zone while he was speaking.  I expect nothing less from this year's end zone gang.  Let em have it guys!!  This is what our team earned for us - our right to a home game where we get to as fans totally crush (verbally) our enemies, to see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentations of their women.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

It’ll all come down to Brady imo. Zach historically struggles in cold weather, VA is a wild card. 

Weather conditions next weekend should be pretty similar to the 2019 GC game played in Calgary on Nov. 22/2019 with a high of -2C, Zach played pretty well in that game.

frozen-freezing.gif

Edited by Fatty Liver

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ah, yes, I grasp your point. But, you see, if you've ever resided in a place with a incessant humidity (which is  unlike Winnipeg), you'll appreciate the bone-chilling embrace of a damp, 4-degree day. Those morning practices in Vancouver will leave them quite soaked and shivering. Never underestimate the bite of a damp cold, my friend.