Winnipeg Versus the Ponies Aka Battle of the Reserves GDT

rebusrankin

Just now, Brandon said:

Realistically Dru Brown has Ottawa and maybe Saskatchewan.  Dickenson won't go with a mostly unknown QB because that isn't his style.  I assume he goes for Rourke or Evans or whoever that has more experience.      I like our chances of keeping Brown long term since the QB  position is settled across the league.  

This statement is deluded.

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You really think that after all that Tre Ford showed in his first real season of starting that they cut him and sign Dru Brown.   You crazy!  

If they want to improve their QB situation... then yeah - yo soy LOCO!!!!!

If you think Trey Ford is better than Deu Brown.

i-like-you-youre-crazy.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The only thing settled about the qb situation in the league is that a whole pile of teams would kill for an upgrade.

Do you think that many other qbs in this league would have much more gaudy numbers playing behind the #1 o-line,  with the #1 rb,  with the #1 set of receivers?     I'm pretty sure guys like Matthew Shiltz and Tre Ford would be putting up really solid numbers if they were with us.  

Think of how mad people were basically until we won the 2019 Grey Cup that multiple 1st/2nd round picks were not traded just for the NEGOTIATION RIGHTS to Mike Reilly...who had less game experience and far worse results/stats coming off his rookie deal....now many of the same people shitting on Dru Brown as a potential star in the league.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Do you think that many other qbs in this league would have much more gaudy numbers playing behind the #1 o-line,  with the #1 rb,  with the #1 set of receivers?     I'm pretty sure guys like Matthew Shiltz and Tre Ford would be putting up really solid numbers if they were with us.  

They can't throw the ball. Brown can. Jesus christ. Dude will be starting next season... prukop looks like **** with the same players so did Zach at times.. it's possible and very likely that brown is actually pretty good. 

IMHO Bombers have to make a play for Dru Brown in the off season. I love Zach, MOP and eventual Hall of Famer, but Brown gets rid of the ball quicker, throws with more velocity, and is generally more accurate. If I could only keep only one of the two, Collaros or Brown, and had to let one of them get away ... 

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They can't throw the ball. Brown can. Jesus christ. Dude will be starting next season... prukop looks like **** with the same players so did Zach at times.. it's possible and very likely that brown is actually pretty good. 

I sat there in McMahon for Dru Browns first ever start.... he was God ******* awful and I'd have cut him right then and there. But dude has progressed leaps and bounds and yeah he looks as good as collaros and some nights better. I don't think some of these other qbs would fair any better in winnipeg. As a Gan base we should all know what it's like to watch shitty qbs.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Realistically Dru Brown has Ottawa and maybe Saskatchewan.  Dickenson won't go with a mostly unknown QB because that isn't his style.  I assume he goes for Rourke or Evans or whoever that has more experience.      I like our chances of keeping Brown long term since the QB  position is settled across the league.  

Dickenson played Bo as an unknown, Drew Tate, Arbuckle, Maier...

It is literally his calling card.

EDIT: This is just a ridiculous argument. We are going through perhaps the greatest dearth of QB depth the league has ever known. There have been three good teams all year and the rest have been complete crap. The highest ranked team, outside of WPG/TO/BC, is Montreal. Led by Cody friggin' Fajardo and you think Dru doesn't get looks this off-season???? Just a wild, wild take. QB positions are not set at all. Even Winnipeg want Dru because he could be the future, but no other team even has a present. 

Edited by Jesse
Ridiculousness.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean he could.  Franchises have made those moves before.  Buono moved Flutie to keep Garcia.

Not really.   Flutie moving onto Toronto wasn't a football decision, it was much more about Larry Ryckman declaring bankruptcy and tearing up Flutie's big money personal services contract.  typical 90s CFL chicanery.

37 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Not really.   Flutie moving onto Toronto wasn't a football decision, it was much more about Larry Ryckman declaring bankruptcy and tearing up Flutie's big money personal services contract.  typical 90s CFL chicanery.

And no one in this franchise is as cutthroat as Buono anyway. 

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

Dickenson played Bo as an unknown, Drew Tate, Arbuckle, Maier...

It is literally his calling card.

EDIT: This is just a ridiculous argument. We are going through perhaps the greatest dearth of QB depth the league has ever known. There have been three good teams all year and the rest have been complete crap. The highest ranked team, outside of WPG/TO/BC, is Montreal. Led by Cody friggin' Fajardo and you think Dru doesn't get looks this off-season???? Just a wild, wild take. QB positions are not set at all. Even Winnipeg want Dru because he could be the future, but no other team even has a present. 

Just wait, this is discussion point is going to make up 95% of the off season posts outside of talking about however the season ends (a grey cup ring for Damien Jackson lol) 

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think of how mad people were basically until we won the 2019 Grey Cup that multiple 1st/2nd round picks were not traded just for the NEGOTIATION RIGHTS to Mike Reilly...who had less game experience and far worse results/stats coming off his rookie deal....now many of the same people shitting on Dru Brown as a potential star in the league.

DB's comfortability in the pocket as it's collapsing captures my attention not to mention his vision to use his legs when need be.

24 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

DB's comfortability in the pocket as it's collapsing captures my attention not to mention his vision to use his legs when need be.

Makes every throw, on or off schedule, from pocket, on the move, scrambling.

A lot like Collaros before the injuries started with the ACL in 2015.

reddit comment which if correct is not showing the stamps in a good light... 

"This team is embarassing. The front office deserves credit because they work hard and do fun stuff to keep the fans engaged and happy. The team? **** them, it's fan night, run onto the field for jerseys and all that, there was 5 players there. 5. More Bomber players came out than Stamps players. You put out a lifeless performance in front of dedicated fans who are freezing their asses of and then you **** off into the night. **** off"

more Bombers on the field than stamps. 

Edited by Mark F

Brown can easily be kept...give him a bump ..plus whatever Prukopp is getting which isn't minimum and your 3rd string guy next yr is an entry level guy

You also have a per start clause if ZC gets hurt...and gives club incentive to 6 game him and take that salary off the books and let him heal properly...and if Brown is real deal then we don't miss a beat

We need to get Eli and Dobson in starting role so Kolo is out....and not that I want to lose him but Neuf is obvious choice to free up some $$...or risk losing Dobson who would likely go somewhere to play

Even the dumping of Thomas money helps as well

Plus...Brown may see himself as heir apparent and not even wanna leave..be interesting to see what pans out

Brown easily kept is wishful thinking. He's not looking to make 200k next year, could be in line to almost double that imo...

I can't remember if it was on here or twitter. But someone compared Reillys stats when he was becoming a FA out of BC, to Browns. And Browns are significantly better. The league has a shortage of quality qbs and Browns agent will absolutely be looking for a pay day. 

If the Bombers somehow manage to keep him it will be the steal of this century.

money aside, you have to believe Brown wants to step out of the shadow and be his own guy, lead his own team. And nobody would blame him. Earlier this week I said I wasn't sure the rest of the league sees him as we do... I take that back now. He'll get his chance this off-season, unless the Bombers do something insane like get rid of Collaros, which I just can't see happening under The Trinity's watch....

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah Ssk is happy with their set up. As is Cgy. Ott won't need any competition and MTL would be insane to move on from Fajardo.