Friday Night Football - Bombers at Leos: GDT

Noeller

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't pump tires based on anything but skill and use ...like I said for weeks and weeks Parker should be on roster ..and would have started if not for injury...confirmed by Younger...look what he done since given chance again...picked up from his good play closing out 2022...and is even better.

I based it on last yr tape...his speed...closing ability...pure tackling skill and hustle and his loose hips and being probably the most fluid db we had practicing moving in and out of cuts and change of direction..and ability to redirect....wasn't a hate on Holm like others claimed....just a matter of he was a better refined db with way more upside to boot...many moaned and rolled eyes...said hadn't played in 2 yrs...what makes u think he any better...on and on and on....proof in the pudding and he likely saved our season taking down Rhymes...as if we lost that..we weren't getting first and doubt we pulled off 2 straight just to get to the cup

I was referring to you being hired as special consultant....but yeah. Totally agree...

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Always forget what a machine he was, pack of smokes and Big Mac in hand be damned.

And late nights at Teasers on the regular...many a night I got him home when I bounced there

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

I was referring to you being hired as special consultant....but yeah. Totally agree...

I could put many a player or team execs in touch with lots of talent in South... southwest 

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Met him at Keg on McGillvery. Totally hammered ,signed a 100 dollar bill for my Dad. He couldnt even walk straight anymore, keep yammering on about country fried steak LOL.

When his marriage went south ..was beginning of end....he also was gonna be a corner man for one my guys who was doing MMA here....but got shipped away before he could...he was a great guy but ended up with some serious demons...he if put in the effort would have easily been all time top rusher

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just imagine what he could have done if he have a damn about taking care of himself. Guy was just such a naturally gifted player.

Ill never forget watching training camp in his heyday. I always took the week off back then when i was single and would watch everyday. Every single stretching session involved him sitting on his helmet talking to Milt and the other receivers while everyone else stretched lol.

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

These are the Bombers totals that Brady is chasing:

Most Rushing Yards – Season

Most Yards from Scrimmage, one season

• 2,207 - Robert Mimbs (1991, 1769 yards rushing, 438 yards receiving)
  • 2,140 - Willard Reaves (1984, 1,733 yards rushing, 407 yards receiving)
  • 2,102 - Charles Roberts (2003, 1,554 yards rushing, 548 yards receiving)
  • 2,098 - Charles Roberts (2005, 1,624 yards rushing, 474 yards receiving)
  • 2,020 - Charles Roberts (2006, 1,609 yards rushing, 411 yards receiving)

Robert's was disgustingly good

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ill never forget watching training camp in his heyday. I always took the week off back then when i was single and would watch everyday. Every single stretching session involved him sitting on his helmet talking to Milt and the other receivers while everyone else stretched lol.

He’s the greatest natural football talent I’ve ever seen. 5’6 171 the dynamic change of direction speed was insane, the ability to instantly be at his top speed unreal, but the strength and toughness he possessed was truly freakish. Like grant now, he was just soo hard to take down once you did get a hand on him. He fumbled soo much the first two years just because he would fight to the death for a chance to get a few more inches. 
 It was common place to see him bounce off and fight off tackles from macs and dl. It was also especially hilarious when mike sellers would use him like a battering ram in pass pro at times lol. 

Never seen a guy able to go from not moving to going full speed like that guy. And as said above, one tough dude too. He broke tackles, he fought and scraped for yards, and a solid receiving back too. As much as I am supremely disappointed by his 07 grey cup performance,  Charles Roberts was an all time type player who I don't think gets talked about enough as such.

Brady O episode of Handled Internally.... They mentioned how he ran into Harris when he was in high school, and Harris told him he'd (Brady) eventually break all of his (Harris) records one day. Cameron says "funny thing, Andrew had the exact same conversation with Charles Roberts when he was really young ...of course it was at The Palamino, but still...." I chuckled.... No surprises there.

Edited by Noeller

21 hours ago, Booch said:

do you even know what to look for .what causes a breakdown..? Can you distinguish basic blocking schemes that some plays are based off...who responsible for what . And where a break down happened...do u know what a 50 block for an interior lineman is and what his role is with it ..and what would cause the break down

81vdby.jpg

Well to babble your mouth off about things...and disputed opinions cause u don't know jack....a person should you would think cork their piehole...my opinion...u can watch stuff but not actually 'see" things....most you think would appreciate some kind of actual insight not just fan boi goo goo gaa gas 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well to babble your mouth off about things...and disputed opinions cause u don't know jack....a person should you would think cork their piehole...my opinion...u can watch stuff but not actually 'see" things....most you think would appreciate some kind of actual insight not just fan boi goo goo gaa gas 

Maybe you should start a blog where people can exclusively read your insights without having to wade through all the uninformed fan boy goo goo gaga noises... or as the rest of us call it, fans sharing opinions on a fan forum.

(don't actually leave, we all like hearing what you have to say, it's really about how you say it... NOT THAT YOU CARE)

47 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Maybe you should start a blog where people can exclusively read your insights without having to wade through all the uninformed fan boy goo goo gaga noises... or as the rest of us call it, fans sharing opinions on a fan forum.

(don't actually leave, we all like hearing what you have to say, it's really about how you say it... NOT THAT YOU CARE)

I actually do reports elsewhere...so I good...and as a fan..it's a shared opinion as well...if you don't like that it doesn't come thru blue goggles and is based on reality and realism...it's also your choice as a fan...and really care less what some fans think..as u correctly have said...and that's fine...but I get more DM's here and and via other means thanking me for the frankness and different perspectives based on many things...I played and live brash and loud...will die that way...not here to please and cater to whoever

Edited by Booch

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

I appreciate your insights man but you just totally justified the above meme....