Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh yeah the argos were so ready to play when they lost to calgary... and they've had some close games that should never have been close as well.

Calgary. Where our Guy only played 11 snaps. (And we *never* win there)

Close games? We've won by blowouts more often than not.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'll eat it if I have to, but mark me down right now... on September 26th..... that the Argos will be upset in the EF this year. Whether it's Hamilton or Montreal, someone's gonna catch them sleeping and keep them outta the big game. 

"A dream is a wish that your heart makes"

If we show up on Remembrance Day as a healthy team, I see an Argo win via curb-stomp.

25 minutes ago, bluto said:

Thinking of the recent Montreal game, if faj fajjed all over that game and it was still close. Thinking the 2nd calgary game too. Argos are hardly the juggernaut you want them to be. Fact that they look to be ducking out of a matchup with another of the top teams just cements it.

We have not matched up well against the Argos front seven for a few years now. That's the key for us to beat them. 

They also have a solid oline. 

Kelly playing or not is really not a big deal. Thier wins have not depended on his play. Their defense and specials create alot of good scoring situations for their offense.  

If we can keep Zac clean, churn out yards on the ground and actually cover on the teams well, we should win. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That argument makes sense until you consider we lost to both Ottawa & Hamilton. As far as easy teams go, we played Edmonton when they had Corn Head playing qb along with Calgary. We split our games with the Riders so what's that say?? We're good but we aren't well prepared which comes down to coaching.

In Toronto, say what you will about an easy schedule with crap teams in the East... but their team is prepared to play every game & they look absolutely dialed in. I hate to say this but the Argos go out & kick ass every time they play. What do we do? If we feel like it we play hard & win. Other times we put it in cruise control & eventually find a way to win games...  In the fourth quarter because we got behind as we played awful. Or we just went out & **** the bed.

There seems to be an issue with the Bombers. Is it coaching? Is it players not being ready to play? Overconfidence? Arrogance? Age? I have no idea but we are beyond a doubt, a real Jekyll & Hyde team. I see as lot of the 2014-17 Mike O'Shea this year. He doesn't seem to hold his players accountable if they play badly. Roster management is in question. He just smirks on the sidelines when we're losing like it's no big deal. Hey, we're 10-4 & we all should be happy but we're not. The problem is, we have no idea what kind of a 10-4 team we are. Can we make another GC run or are we one & done in the playoffsl??  

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded.

I much rather the even, calm demeanor Osh shows... much better than those assholes who lose it on the field- especially those that berate their players in public.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh yeah the argos were so ready to play when they lost to calgary... and they've had some close games that should never have been close as well. 

Honestly the argos remind me an awful lot of the lions last season. Tons of byes early on and everyone had them pegged as THE team to beat, except they didn't make it to the Grey Cup. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, how you play in the summer doesn't matter for much in the cfl. How you are playing in the fall is what matters.

you are your record; they have the best record- they are the top team, until you arent. 

I was saying in August or even July that the Argos might have the East clinched by Sep 29th. So here we are.

This sorta feels like Rocky IV when Drago first comes to US and his spokesman says "we would like an exhibition bout with your famous champion Rocky Balboa", and then they send out Apollo Creed. 🙃

Couple other Sep 29th fun facts 

- Doug Brown's birthday

- Shoresy season 2 comes out

7 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded.

I much rather the even, calm demeanor Osh shows... much better than those assholes who lose it on the field- especially those that berate their players in public.

you are your record; they have the best record- they are the top team, until you arent. 

What did Booch say that I agree with? That he has to coach like a jerk to get more out of his guys. It's We're talking another 7 weeks. Not 7 games. He's gotta get a lot more tougher. The band won't be back together next year like it was the last couple of seasons. Changes will be made so if some feelings are hurt chances are some of those guys won't be back. If Osh just accepts that we play badly & does nothing then we're hooped anyway.

13 hours ago, bluto said:

"A dream is a wish that your heart makes"

If we show up on Remembrance Day as a healthy team, I see an Argo win via curb-stomp.

well....the "our guy" reasoning is pretty weak tho....says that if he goes down....u guys are effed...hard

"our guy" was out 2 games basically...we went 2-0....and one them was against CGY where "your guy" missed...and you lost....so there is that angle....tho from experience comparisons from game to game with same teams played means jack crap as each game has it's own set of circumstances and flow

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What did Booch say that I agree with? That he has to coach like a jerk to get more out of his guys. It's We're talking another 7 weeks. Not 7 games. He's gotta get a lot more tougher. The band won't be back together next year like it was the last couple of seasons. Changes will be made so if some feelings are hurt chances are some of those guys won't be back. If Osh just accepts that we play badly & does nothing then we're hooped anyway.

yup...Osh needs to turn up the prick/authoritarian factor a bit, and put the swell guy thing in his pocket for a while, and stop with the smug looks and non answers and dodging things in the media when we lose....accept the facts and adress it...your team won't hate you for it and siop playing....thats where we are severely hampered right now, and a lot of guys are comfy in the fact right now there are no real consequences, and thy know if they keep sneaking by with some wins...even after a pityfull performance than things are safe...almost think some the co-ordinators feel the same...mind you when handcuffed with some truly crappy roster decisions I guess they gotta go with what Daddy gave em 

I see this game as sort of a no win for the Bombers regardless of what happens. If the Bombers win it is due to the fact that the Argos did not play their "A" team as they want to rest starters etc. etc. - If the Bombers lose there will be tons of questions .

IMHO the Bombers need to win just to stay in first and continue to fight for home field advantage for the WF or WSF etc. Nothing else matters! 

36 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I see this game as sort of a no win for the Bombers regardless of what happens. If the Bombers win it is due to the fact that the Argos did not play their "A" team as they want to rest starters etc. etc. - If the Bombers lose there will be tons of questions .

IMHO the Bombers need to win just to stay in first and continue to fight for home field advantage for the WF or WSF etc. Nothing else matters! 

Who cares? There is zero awards given to the best team in the league Sept 29th. The Bombers only concern is being #1 in the west. And if they beat an Argos team without all their starters to do it....who cares?

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Who cares? There is zero awards given to the best team in the league Sept 29th. The Bombers only concern is being #1 in the west. And if they beat an Argos team without all their starters to do it....who cares?

just gimme the 2pts and (at the very least) a share of 1st in the West.... don't care about the details. 

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's disappointing that the Argo's aren't fielding the best team they can. Turns a game I've been waiting for all season into a glorified pre-season game. 

Same. Looking at the schedule before the season I wasn't happy about where this fixture was placed. Thought we'd need the win and it'd be in the midst of a 10 game no byes stretch with banged up bodies up and down the roster.

But my disappointment over what may not be a very competitive game is tempered by us not having any reason to risk players who need the rest or to show your coaches our best ways that we'd line up to attack or defend. Hopefully we use the opportunity to show your defence all sorts of ways that we could line up just to see what you'd do.

34-16 Winnipeg.

21 minutes ago, bluto said:

Hopefully we use the opportunity to show your defence all sorts of ways that we could line up just to see what you'd do.

34-16 Winnipeg.

I don't think either club will be giving anything away.....Playing close to the vest kinda takes the edge off the game, and I think that's what we'll see ...a glorified preseasoner and that's too bad

Just now, Stickem said:

I don't think either club will be giving anything away.....Playing close to the vest kinda takes the edge off the game, and I think that's what we'll see ...a glorified preseasoner and that's too bad

Totally agree. Only unless the Argos are either close or somehow winning. We don't need the win, but youse guys do.

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The scenario of us being behind in the late going will sure as hell livin' things up....there's that

I haven't seen anything from Cameron Dukes to make me think that this will be a thing. Hoping to see progress from both him and Bryan Scott in the opportunities that Dinwiddie makes for them.

Last time we *really* needed a backup QB to come in and save the day worked out not too bad for us... but relying on that to happen again with an untested guy seems like a bad idea. The CFL-wide QB shortage is pretty stark when you think about this stuff.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Starter or not the teams wouldn't be showing much that the other team didn't already know. There are very little mysterious this time of year. There's no "showing them". The show is over so to speak...it's far more about execution.

Yup game tape is a beautiful thing. Yes teams will introduce new wrinkles that haven't been displayed yet but overall whoever studies, practices and executes the best, wins.