Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

1 hour ago, Booch said:

has been in the past.....and he played the entire game so you would have figured so....but who knows what and why.....this yr it's hard to see the what and why

Any chance that someone tried to grab Haba from the PR and to block it they activated him and the easiest way on to the active roster was to sit Jeffcoat who really isn't hurt but could use the rest? (Again, I haven't been around keeping up so far this week, please forgive me if this has been discussed and if Jeffcoat is actually hurt.

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Any chance that someone tried to grab Haba from the PR and to block it they activated him and the easiest way on to the active roster was to sit Jeffcoat who really isn't hurt but could use the rest? (Again, I haven't been around keeping up so far this week, please forgive me if this has been discussed and if Jeffcoat is actually hurt.

They wouldn’t sit Jeffcoat for that purpose.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

could also be the case...and I guess if JJ was knicked a lil...but still would have played gives him a nice break to come out against T.O and lay some whoopin on the Argo oline

Just now, Jesse said:

They wouldn’t sit Jeffcoat for that purpose.

they probabaly would cause we know Osh won't make the smart move and remove Jackson....He'd prob remove the returner before that truth be told

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there is a less than 0 chance that Jeffcoat is sitting because someone tried to pluck Haba. You guys have fully gone off the deep end now with these conspiracy theories... holy Christ. 

why u say that...to keep him we have to roster him....so if JJ was knicked...why not?

It had nothing to do with someone trying to pluck Haba is all I'm saying. I would bet money that with Jeffcoat dinged, they just wanted to give him a rest day and let Haba get some reps. That I'm on board with... but it has nothing to do with some other team trying to steal him away. The vibe I'm getting from a lot of you is that Jeffcoat was good enough to play, but they needed to get Haba on the roster to keep him from jumping ship, so they sat Jeffcoat to do it...... there's just no way that's true. If Jeffcoat was healthy and needed this weekend, they would be playing him and Haba would continue to be on the PR, as with last week. There's no conspiracy... I'm guessing just a rest week for Jeffcoat, and nothing more.  

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It had nothing to do with someone trying to pluck Haba is all I'm saying. I would bet money that with Jeffcoat dinged, they just wanted to give him a rest day and let Haba get some reps. That I'm on board with... but it has nothing to do with some other team trying to steal him away. The vibe I'm getting from a lot of you is that Jeffcoat was good enough to play, but they needed to get Haba on the roster to keep him from jumping ship, so they sat Jeffcoat to do it...... there's just no way that's true. If Jeffcoat was healthy and needed this weekend, they would be playing him and Haba would continue to be on the PR, as with last week. There's no conspiracy... I'm guessing just a rest week for Jeffcoat, and nothing more.  

u know that how?

As has been pointed out, Jeffcoat has to also accept going on the 1-game IR. Why would he do that if he isn't actually hurt? So that the brass can prevent a poach? Call me a skeptic.

It's very easy to believe that Jeffcoat is hurt and needs rest, it's been his reputation all along. Haba didn't go from so dispensable he has to watch from the PR to so valuable we bench an All-Star to retain him. Jeffcoat is hurt, Haba is the next man up. Simple as that.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Man some people on here so ultra sensitives...I even said last game defence barely saw the field....you have your take...I have mine...is what it is...no need to get yer panties in a wad...or briefs....not sure your choice

What if they choose to go commando?   You're not being inclusive enough!

2 hours ago, Blue In BC said:

I'd rather have Jeffcoat available  to play against the Argos and Lions than against the Ti Cats.  For the moment I'll take this as just a maintenance game for him. The argument that our defence was hardly on the field doesn't mean he didn't actually get injured. It only takes one play. We'll see if he is back for the game against the Argos. He's a difference maker. OTOH looking forward to seeing Haba play again, he may be part of our future.

I see Murphy got added to the 6 game IR and he was hardly on the field in his 1st game.

I was wondering how in the world a kid who played only in garbage time could get hurt. And now 6 game list? Wow.And also thinking the same way as you, we give him this game off, then a bye week, and hopefully JJ is GTG.

Oh and Haba has been on the 6 game not the PR right?

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Absolutely Haba did a great job when he has been in this season. I will be watching his run gaps closely this week. Not because I think he is doing anything wrong there or anything, just to see if maybe that is a reason we have been sitting him?

He has 3 sacks in four games... so I'm sure it can't be that

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I know that everyone think O'Shea is officially tied to Jackson... but if Jeffcoat was totally healthy and we "had to" roster Haba... I'm sure it would be (Damien) Jackson coming off

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

He has 3 sacks in four games... so I'm sure it can't be that

I know that everyone think O'Shea is officially tied to Jackson... but if Jeffcoat was totally healthy and we "had to" roster Haba... I'm sure it would be (Damien) Jackson coming off

I not saying that Jeffcoat isn't knocked and can't use the rest but if O'sh was going Haba for Jackson, why not do it last week?