Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

my lineup/management concern have not gone away....a big win that glosses over things doesnt change it...Defence was hardly on the field to wear down...so was a non issue and to be quite frank Sask offence is not very good and their run game is prob worst in the league....so if they had to play a few more snaps it probably still would have been no big deal

Offence personnel really was never an issue...was more scheme and preparedness....but we also can't expect what we saw vs Sask every game....

Not every game....some games we probably won't get more than 35 points. lol. Seriously tho, as the cold weather ramps up I really like our chances of dominating TOP.

Edited by GCn20

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

my lineup/management concern have not gone away....a big win that glosses over things doesnt change it...Defence was hardly on the field to wear down...so was a non issue and to be quite frank Sask offence is not very good and their run game is prob worst in the league....so if they had to play a few more snaps it probably still would have been no big deal

Offence personnel really was never an issue...was more scheme and preparedness....but we also can't expect what we saw vs Sask every game....

I wonder if we see it take a big step forward soon. It’s gotten a bit better here n there going from many glaring holes to a few. 
 As much as mos preaches 1 week at a time, this team knows what parts of the game and season are important. 

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not every game....some games we probably won't get more than 35 points. lol. Seriously tho, as the cold weather ramps up I really like our chances of dominating TOP.

Brady and our ol has taken over a good few games this year. If we can run none stop for 10 minutes of clock time in the 4th in the summer, good luck stopping the run on us when it’s cold. 

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I am concerned about overconfidence. After a big victory it's just too easy to do... It's not the players I am concerned about, nor the coaches… They are professionals. They are true blue!

What I'm concerned about is this board. Wild predictions of another easy game… No moans, no groans, no complaints...
I have not heard a single piece of advice given out towards Michael O'Shea. No innuendos about Walters or Miller. No demands about lineup changes... sheesh!

This headi-ness can have very bad results. It can warp the over and under. TSN spies will pass on information so the broadcast on TV will be totally off base. This in turn can warp the Hamilton crowd. And you know what that will lead to: another overtime tie. And it will all be the result of what happens on this board. Come on team, let's get nasty! The outcome of the next game may depend on it...

Dude, lay off the glue...

glue-sniffing-glue.gif

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I am concerned about overconfidence. After a big victory it's just too easy to do... It's not the players I am concerned about, nor the coaches… They are professionals. They are true blue!

So, you're not worried about the players or coaches, the ones that can actually affect a game, you're worried about the fans, who cannot? Compelling. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

After attending last years game in Hamilton, I’m never expecting a win there again.

Aside from the 21 GC, the Bombers have played like piss in that town pretty much my whole life. 

Was there last year as well, Bombers didn't even show up. I'm avoiding the game this year, but will be there in Nov. ;) 

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

After attending last years game in Hamilton, I’m never expecting a win there again.

Aside from the 21 GC, the Bombers have played like piss in that town pretty much my whole life. 

The only game I’ve been to in Hamilton was the game with the glitch catch by Ryan Smith….they didn’t show replays of it in the stadium and I was so confused lol 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if we see it take a big step forward soon. It’s gotten a bit better here n there going from many glaring holes to a few. 
 As much as mos preaches 1 week at a time, this team knows what parts of the game and season are important. 

Brady and our ol has taken over a good few games this year. If we can run none stop for 10 minutes of clock time in the 4th in the summer, good luck stopping the run on us when it’s cold. 

The colder it gets the faster the D loses it's will to stop the run too. It just hurts more.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The colder it gets the faster the D loses it's will to stop the run too. It just hurts more.

coming from a former defensive player I agree...even in warm weather....The smaller scat backs and shifty guys are more preferred as more time than not they running away from you, and aren't taxing on you other than just maintaining your lanes and having good cardio.....The guys like BO look for you and punish you, and trust me...you feel those collisions alot during the game, and when you repeatedly are exposed to them, you subconsciously start to avoid some of the contact, even tho you may not intend to...just way it is, and you see it with BO that as games go on....he gets hit less, but is still running guys over, and looking for them....beats you up

Come chilly ball, it compounds matters...another thing second level guys hate O-lineman following up plays and keeping the flow going, and Winnipeg does it to a man in spades....guys tend to try and just get out of way and aren't focused on the battering ram coming downhill at them

Good example look at last game...how many times did you see Riders swarming around the ball carrier...kinda tiptoeing around him, but just waiting for the sacrificial lamb to stick his nose in there and initiate the gang tackle...a whole lot is what you will see....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

coming from a former defensive player I agree...even in warm weather....The smaller scat backs and shifty guys are more preferred as more time than not they running away from you, and aren't taxing on you other than just maintaining your lanes and having good cardio.....The guys like BO look for you and punish you, and trust me...you feel those collisions alot during the game, and when you repeatedly are exposed to them, you subconsciously start to avoid some of the contact, even tho you may not intend to...just way it is, and you see it with BO that as games go on....he gets hit less, but is still running guys over, and looking for them....beats you up

Come chilly ball, it compounds matters...another thing second level guys hate O-lineman following up plays and keeping the flow going, and Winnipeg does it to a man in spades....guys tend to try and just get out of way and aren't focused on the battering ram coming downhill at them

Good example look at last game...how many times did you see Riders swarming around the ball carrier...kinda tiptoeing around him, but just waiting for the sacrificial lamb to stick his nose in there and initiate the gang tackle...a whole lot is what you will see....

For sure. Years ago in Junior ball i had to move up from DB to LBer on a cold November day, and ouch....it wasn't fun. You are tight from the cold and the hits are not easily absorbed.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

hits in the cold just....hurt

For sure. It sucks the will right out of the defence when your OL are getting second level and Brady is in full stride coming through that hole. No one wants to stick in that hole, and in the cold guys will avoid it even more. In fairness, it's tough on the RB too. They tend to not have back 2 back big games in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. It sucks the will right out of the defence when your OL are getting second level and Brady is in full stride coming through that hole. No one wants to stick in that hole, and in the cold guys will avoid it even more. In fairness, it's tough on the RB too. They tend to not have back 2 back big games in the playoffs.

he's already sucker their will to take him on now...haha

another point with BO...barring him getting hurt he likely gonna crush Harris's best rushing numbers in a season 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

hits in the cold just....hurt

...AND when you hit the turf and it's like a cement sidewalk...that hurts....Then the coach says ,now guys ...don't go all marshmellow.....they run, you hit...and hit hard.....The tub sure feels good afterward though, and turns down the pain level.....It's when you're on the losing end that the pain seems to linger.....good ol Nov/Dec. days

13 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Thank you Pepper_Brooks.

I also want to think Kelowna for posting Jamie Nye’s prediction “But can I mention what happened last year following the Bombers putting the boots to the Roughriders in the LD Weekend Rematch? They went into Hamilton and had an emotional let down. Last week was highly emotional for the Bombers. A lot of carry over from the Labour Day Classic against Saskatchewan and I’m curious to see if we see a repeat emotional let down.”

I was unaware of this forecast when I posted my comment earlier. I am in total disagreement with Nye. In fact, I was just trying to say in a joking manner the total opposite. If being satirical is “madness” I am sorry.

I was just amused at how this site has gone from (1) absolute handwringing after losing on  the head-but on our MOP, to (2) complete exuberance after our blowup victory in the Banjo Bowl. I find it funny at the shifts in human behaviour as we go from emotional highs to lows.

As to who I am, I started attending Blue Bomber games in 1961 when I was eight years old. My whole family are Bomber freaks; it is the main way that I related to my dad and now to my brothers and sisters. There was no stronger flag waiver than my mother.

I came over to Morning Big Blue when it migrated from another Bomber hosting site. I was a frequent poster in those days. In my comments I sang everything Blue. These days however I am just too busy with business.

I’ve spent the bulk of my career managing high-risk money, directly and indirectly. In fact I spent six of my 12 years with the Bank of Montréal as a Senior VP managing tens of millions of dollars. I later moved on to consulting and organizational health. I have also done lots of recruiting. Right now I am teaching people how not to lose their shirts in the stock market. That is vital work, protecting people's life time savings and pensions.

I have seven years of University in various types of applied psychology. I have an MBA in leadership and a doctoral certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship. So I do have a little background for what I do, say & write... (I also have an eyesight problem which is why am given to bigger fonts)

I am a very strong believer in the CFL and the possibility of it becoming a great niche for the Canadian sports mind. I really want to see it blossom and prosper. I do think it can be done if we do the right things and those things are not that hard.

I was over the top last week on the head-but. I do not apologize for that. I would like to get someone’s attention about the need to better protect the quality of our game in the form of our most valuable assets, our quarterbacks. Without our starting QB’s the quality of the on-field product is totally compromised for the fans. The NFL has done a decent job of protecting its quarterbacks; I think we can do better than that. I just want to do what I can to shake us out of our lethargy of accepting the status quo without thought. If I have to get a little dramatic, so be it. I would like to get the league’s attention.

As to my “madness” satire, I was just trying to express my sense of humour. And excuse me if I want to mock TSN a little bit. I love the passion on the site but I also think we might be taking  ourselves a little bit too seriously. So forgive me if I just wanted to lighten things up, just a touch.

We have a great group of posters here, probably the best in Canada. But me, I am always looking for improvement and I do think this site can get better.

So now you know who I am and why I am “mad”.

CWTN3-_VEAIAhey?format=jpg&name=small

I award you no reaction, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Edited by Pepper_Brooks