Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack to Jeffcoat having hip issues again.... Goddamnitsomuch. 

Cue the screaming and wailing about the roster management....

So does Jeffcoat sit out and Habba comes in or does Jeffcoat make the roster but Habba comes in for The Seal? Only time will tell.

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So does Jeffcoat sit out and Habba comes in or does Jeffcoat make the roster but Habba comes in for The Seal? Only time will tell.

If JJ is in anyway limited they should bring Haba on. Just takes one play to lose him for the game and screw up the Dline rotation 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack to Jeffcoat having hip issues again.... Goddamnitsomuch. 

Cue the screaming and wailing about the roster management....

Roster management bad! 

I think jj usually misses practices around this time of year, and in general. Not sure it actually means any thing. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

coming from a former defensive player I agree...even in warm weather....The smaller scat backs and shifty guys are more preferred as more time than not they running away from you, and aren't taxing on you other than just maintaining your lanes and having good cardio.....The guys like BO look for you and punish you, and trust me...you feel those collisions alot during the game, and when you repeatedly are exposed to them, you subconsciously start to avoid some of the contact, even tho you may not intend to...just way it is, and you see it with BO that as games go on....he gets hit less, but is still running guys over, and looking for them....beats you up

Come chilly ball, it compounds matters...another thing second level guys hate O-lineman following up plays and keeping the flow going, and Winnipeg does it to a man in spades....guys tend to try and just get out of way and aren't focused on the battering ram coming downhill at them

Good example look at last game...how many times did you see Riders swarming around the ball carrier...kinda tiptoeing around him, but just waiting for the sacrificial lamb to stick his nose in there and initiate the gang tackle...a whole lot is what you will see....

last week Brady had the angle and was near the side line past first down yardage. Instead of going out or going as far as he could and trying to hand fight for a yard or two, he just turns back up field and runs out of his way to blast some rider db. Probably didn’t make a years difference if it did he probably got a bit less. But that violent relentless play late in a blow out win was beautiful. 
 If Brady gets 20 Carries in a post season game, no one is beating us. 

10 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

If JJ is in anyway limited they should bring Haba on. Just takes one play to lose him for the game and screw up the Dline rotation 

Is jj ever 100%? Love the guy but he’s always hurt 

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

James Butler was limited for the 2nd day in a row with a head injured.

He could be questionable for the game.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/12/ticats-injury-report-wynn-sits-out-tues-practice/

Question, Gordie: Why are you reporting on player injuries & who may or may not play for both teams? After all, you were the one who told me that it's really none of my business who plays as injuries to players don't affect my life. Why are you so interested all of a sudden as the injuries listed above certainly don't affect your life? You also asked, how are teams supposed to know in advance when players are well enough to play? So then, what gives?? Just askin' for a friend. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Question, Gordie: Why are you reporting on player injuries & who may or may not play for both teams? After all, you were the one who told me that it's really none of my business who plays as injuries to players don't affect my life. Why are you so interested all of a sudden as the injuries listed above certainly don't affect your life? You also asked, how are teams supposed to know in advance when players are well enough to play? So then, what gives?? Just askin' for a friend. 

I am interested in the status of players and I feel the CFL provides enough information regarding injuries to satisfy that interest.

I never said it was none of your business but rather I don't understand why teams need to provide exact return dates for players. 

In Butlers' case, tomorrow he will be on the active roster for Saturday or placed on the 1 or 6 game injured lists. Do we need to know the extent of his injury beyond that?

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I often ponder this question about TBURGESS, but do you ever grow tired of being yourself?

34 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes there are days I wish I was the King of Sweden, but it never worked out.  Oh well...

Have you ever been to the IKEA food court? It's food fit for a Swedish King, although some assembly is required!

40 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Kind of uncalled for.

The negative personal attack I responded to seemed rather unwarranted, and that's what I was trying to highlight. There's already plenty of negativity and bad vibes in the world, and comments like the one I addressed only add to it. However, the world can be a wonderful place if you embrace the magic of positivity and good thoughts my friends. Peace and love.

30 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The negative personal attack I responded to seemed rather unwarranted, and that's what I was trying to highlight. There's already plenty of negativity and bad vibes in the world, and comments like the one I addressed only add to it. However, the world can be a wonderful place if you embrace the magic of positivity and good thoughts my friends. Peace and love.

You think there are too many unwarranted personal attacks so you add in another one? To someone who wasn't even in the original quote?

Peace and love, indeed...

On 2023-09-13 at 7:38 AM, GCn20 said:

You think getting mad on a football forum is getting the league's attention and you think WE are taking ourselves a little too seriously? Nope just you. I'm all for lightening things up, but we are happy the way we are here and don't share your sentiment that we need improvement. Thanks, for the end run of condescension though. Sometimes you should read what you type before you hit post and ask yourself, "Am I coming off like a ******?" Just a suggestion.

Last week you were on here making outlandish complaints about the Bombers showing discipline and not starting a bench clearing brawl. You were widely criticized for your take. This week, you suggestion is that this forum and it's members need attitude adjustments and fixing. 

You didn't need to post your autobiography, we already knew who you were based on your commentary thus far.

"You think getting mad on a football forum is getting the league's attention"

I do not think that any more than you do ... When I want to give  them feedback I write them ... I have done this a bunch and a number of times they have modified what they do ... it takes time and usually its no sooner than the league meetings the next spring ... what I want is some allies who share my views ... much insight can be gained and helps me modify my opinion ... I end up with a stronger more accurate position

"taking ourselves a little too seriously?" yes, when a person is attacked instead of the viewpoint presented ... the latter leads to neat discussion, the former is destructive

"Just a suggestion." not after what you just said assertively and insultingly ... the opposite of respect

"not starting a bench clearing brawl": I believe such a brawl would have led to an  immediate league crisis and eventual action to diligently protect our QBs ... such a brawl would have gone viral and league leaders would have to take the right action per force ... foot dragging would be over

I would sacrifice the game in order to achieve QB safety... they make up the biggest cost in the budget ... just a reality of a low-ish salary cap ... our team needs Collaros healthy if we want to win the Grey Cup ... Brown would be a big letdown

To fill our stadiums we need to keep the franchise players upright .... our current policies shoot ourselves in the foot ... concerts sell out because of a high quality product

"members need attitude adjustments and fixing" ... yes some few do ... they go looking for a verbal fistfight that they think they can win by bullying and judging peers unworthy of any opinion not theirs

these fistfights is the reason we are a good site but not a great site .... respect leads to excellent discussion and eventually the best opinions and perhaps the truth of the matter

"we already knew who you were" ... speak for your self ... you might guess at the opinion of a few but I highly doubt you the minds of all the posters and all the readers

Be responsible for your self - make an "I" statement and show who you are

The lost comment was an outright attack, inflamatory and unbridled ... so do not lecture about self discipline, whether the Bombers or your own

the site is not an emotional dumping ground

If there was a little more consideration and respect, a little more disagreeing without being disagreeable, then we would see participation grow ... more people feeling safe enough to express their opinion

the words being exchanged on page 4 is why I decided to post this .... its awful

so (1) arguing and bully-trolling or (2) opinion debate & fact finding in an encouraging way ... its our collective and individual choice

Oh puh-lease...pulling out the victim card now? You sat on a Bomber forum and called the team a bunch of wussies for not reacting to violence with violence. Then when members disagreed with your take you went onto some weird tangent about how you were concerned about player safety and that is why they should bash each others heads in..so it will stop. 

When that remarkably twisted logic went over like a lead balloon, you tried to appoint yourself the forum leader and lectured us all on how we can be better..presumably by not disagreeing with your far out takes. That even came complete with your resume attached.

That was followed by me calling your entire approach horseshit. Too harsh..maybe..insulting...probably. DESERVED..hell yea. Put on your big boy pants if you are going to come on here to lecture us on how we could be better. I'm not here to honor your opinion, I will respect it when it starts making sense.

Edited by GCn20