Riders at Bombers -BANJO BOWL 2023 GTD-

Nolby

29 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

In the same boat here... 4 yr old at home, but with the litany of swears and stuff... Not sure i want to be bringing her to IGF yet...

Anyone have intel on Bisons games? Or should I just take her to a Bomber game?

Sea Bears. I hate basketball and will go back with the family next year.

58 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

In the same boat here... 4 yr old at home, but with the litany of swears and stuff... Not sure i want to be bringing her to IGF yet...

Anyone have intel on Bisons games? Or should I just take her to a Bomber game?

Get her some noise cancelling headphones...protect her hearing and innocence...a solid 2fer

Edited by Deiter Fan

11 hours ago, GreenandWhiteforLife said:

Your special teams were ****, our giraffe beat you last time he ain’t scared of y’all this time

Oh no did your mother join the forum??

If Regina’s a **** hole, what’s Winnipeg cause other than people that live there no one ever wants to go watch a game it’s disgusting your city, talked to a guy at our game said trash everywhere, bunch of fat slobs as fans 

Ha, ha, will this loser ever be back? If I lived in Regina, I'd lash out too. Because it doesn't matter if the Riders won or lost today, When they fall asleep at night o wake up in the morning, they know they still live in Regina. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Why did we defer to the second half and still kick to them?

O'Shea has done that often, and I've always found it strange. I guess he values the wind more than the extra possession, but from my seats up high, I don't think the wind was much of a factor yesterday and especially with the score as it was.

Or to copy @DTonOB, perhaps O'Sh just wanted to give Jeffcoat a chance to crush Riders' souls 

Edited by True Dru
Correcting typo

1 minute ago, True Dru said:

O'Shea has done that often, and I've always found it strange. I guess he values the wind more than the extra possession, but from my seats up high, I don't think the wind was much of a factor yesterday and especially with the score as it was.

Or to copy @DTonOB, perhaps O'Sh just wanted to give Jeffcoat a chance to crust Riders' souls 

@DTonOBquestion for Monday!!! Why did he kick in the 2nd half instead of taking the ball. There seemed to be limited wind.

20 hours ago, GreenandWhiteforLife said:

Your special teams were ****, our giraffe beat you last time he ain’t scared of y’all this time

Oh no did your mother join the forum??

If Regina’s a **** hole, what’s Winnipeg cause other than people that live there no one ever wants to go watch a game it’s disgusting your city, talked to a guy at our game said trash everywhere, bunch of fat slobs as fans 

Enjoy the 50 Burger assclown. Now go back to impregnating your cousin.

31 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Or to copy @DTonOB, perhaps O'Sh just wanted to give Jeffcoat a chance to crust Riders' souls 

It’s not an extra possession at the start of a half.  Think of how many points they scored under 3 mins in the 2nd quarter.  You want the wind in the 2nd and 4th.  It’s way different than NFL with timing rules.  The clock never stops in the 1st and 3rd but under 3 minute warning both halves stops every play no matter outcome.

14 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Where's the rider troll @GreenandWhiteforLife?  What's your excuse today?  Your melon head team scored 6 pts and all in the first quarter.  After that your offense did jack ****.   

Actually I know what the excuse was... Dan Clark wasn't playing today. He would have been the difference in the entire game

Had a laugh about that… this dude disappeared real quick 🤣

14 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Those 2 OT losses go the other way and we are coasting to 1st like the Argos. In theory, might be better off not to?

3-2 down the stretch (as long as one win is against BC) guarantees first in the west… and that’s assuming BC goes 5-1

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Had a laugh about that… this dude disappeared real quick 🤣

3-2 down the stretch (as long as one win is against BC) guarantees first in the west… and that’s assuming BC goes 5-1

Went back to RF and yapped away as a regular there I assume...read a bunch of their threads...pure gold again....and funny how all the criticism they levy here about what we say/are is exactly what they do...but not as bad as them as a lot of their spew is right off the rocker and totally incorrect and mainly incoherent...I guess tho 4 cups in over a century and living in the backwoods will do it to u

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It’s not an extra possession at the start of a half.  Think of how many points they scored under 3 mins in the 2nd quarter.  You want the wind in the 2nd and 4th.  It’s way different than NFL with timing rules.  The clock never stops in the 1st and 3rd but under 3 minute warning both halves stops every play no matter outcome.

I agree about the wanting the wind, but it is an extra possession in that we could have had the ball to start either the 1st or the 3rd but we chose to kick off to them instead. As it turns out, I'm pretty sure Saskatchewan had one or two more possessions than we did (as they started with the ball each half and, I believe, ended with the ball for a tiny possession each half). I'm not saying it's a bad decision, but it's a curious one that O'Shea continues to make. He must value having the wind in the long quarters much more than the ball in the short quarters.

Just now, 17to85 said:

As does every coach everywhere.

Yeah but I feel like the amount of times we defer at coin toss and then also choose to kick in the third quarter is higher with O'Sh than previous coaches, or perhaps than other current CFL coaches. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

If you defer to the 2nd half it's because you want the wind in the 4th. This really seems like a nothing thing to fret about... with as important as the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter of the game often as in the cfl I'd worry about a coach that doesn't prioritize it.

Really there should be equal possessions given that you give the other team possession after what ever happens on yours. Time of possession is what matters and that's based on how your offense and defense play.

21 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, I'm at the Banjo Bowl. If anyone wants to stop by, my wife & I will be standing across from the Bomber Store overlooking the stadium at or about 2 pm. I'll be wearing a Dieter Brock jersey with a grey beard & glasses. I'll be there till about 2:30. Please come up to say hello. 

Sorry I missed you Speed. Too busy tailgating to check the GDT beforehand. You should come on down to Winnipeg more often, you are clearly good karma. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you defer to the 2nd half it's because you want the wind in the 4th. This really seems like a nothing thing to fret about... with as important as the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter of the game often as in the cfl I'd worry about a coach that doesn't prioritize it.

Really there should be equal possessions given that you give the other team possession after what ever happens on yours. Time of possession is what matters and that's based on how your offense and defense play.

Good points, all around. Especially about time of possession mattering more than number of possessions, and the last 3 minutes of the fourth clearly mattering more than last 3 minutes of the second, which would be why teams tend to take the ball in the first after the coin toss when the winning team defers. 

We scored on every possession....but the last...wrap head around that in total domination

31 games played...2336 yards....19.4 yards per catch...26 TD's....that's Schoen's stat line so far....wrap head around that

If Lawler averages 84 yards a game to close out season...he will break 1000...that's crazy too...

BO over 1500 combined yards...9 TDs...wonder where he ends and keeps that up has to be a serious MOC and MOP candidate....Andrew who?

1 hour ago, True Dru said:

Yeah but I feel like the amount of times we defer at coin toss and then also choose to kick in the third quarter is higher with O'Sh than previous coaches, or perhaps than other current CFL coaches. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

It’s not choosing to kick.  It’s choosing the wind in the 4th.  The other team chooses kick or receive.