Little Cats at Big Cats

bustamente

Watched close to the whole game last night. Damn BC was bad! VA didn't have nearly his best game, and I had to wonder if Lucky was even on the field. Pretty pleased that we put some more distance between us and them. Lots of games left, and anything can happen.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

BC will be looking for the biggest meanest DT available in the NFL cuts to solve their horrible run defence. 

Tiers are: 

1. Bombers & Argos

2. Lions & Als

3. Everyone else

Basically yup...

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Donut Boys is the perfect name. They are full of holes. 
rim-shot.gif

Or jam busters...as they been busted badly now...and oozing stuff from cracks now

Lions looked like they have regressed to the bottom tier in the west....Vaj looks like the qb. I always thought he was ...a backup.....They have to be on the look for a decent no 1 pivot and that ain't lookin' too good at present.....Their O stunk....their D looks like swiss cheese....Was that a 'one off' or have the real toothless leo's  finally appeared.....hmmmm

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Lions looked like they have regressed to the bottom tier in the west....Vaj looks like the qb. I always thought he was ...a backup.....They have to be on the look for a decent no 1 pivot and that ain't lookin' too good at present.....Their O stunk....their D looks like swiss cheese....Was that a 'one off' or have the real toothless leo's  finally appeared.....hmmmm

They've looked like that pretty much since we took em behind the woodshed for a lil lesson

Controlling for BC’s issues, this amateur qb coach liked what he saw from Powell. Good pocket presence, poise and minimal yips. Lots to work with there. 

On his small body of work, where he would be assessed among other current qb’s like Brown, Crum, Ford and Duke is where I do more listening and a lot less talking.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Controlling for BC’s issues, this amateur qb coach liked what he saw from Powell. Good pocket presence, poise and minimal yips. Lots to work with there. 

On his small body of work, where he would be assessed among other current qb’s like Brown, Crum, Ford and Duke is where I do more listening and a lot less talking.

To me he actually has shown...especially how he has progressed as of yesterday's game to be the one right now with the best potential...he just looked quasi legit last night...now if he can string together a few more games like that...they may have something there...he seems pretty smart and didn't make the typical forcing things mistakes...be interesting to see him moving forward 

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah that commercial drives me bad crap crazy.  Like he's some modern-day hoser Bob and Doug McKenzie or something.

so my theory on this (because this ******* commercial drives me crazy) is that some American consultant went "You know what's popular? Letterkenny! We're going to make our own quasi-Letterkenny commercial!" but completely missed the mark, and had no idea what he or she was doing in the first place. Just an awful idea all the way around, and I can't believe it passed by as many people as it would have, and nobody said "wait a second....." before letting it air. 

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

They've looked like that pretty much since we took em behind the woodshed for a lil lesson

I Made You My Bitch Jesse Pinkman GIF - I Made You My Bitch Jesse Pinkman Breaking Bad GIFs

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so my theory on this (because this ******* commercial drives me crazy) is that some American consultant went "You know what's popular? Letterkenny! We're going to make our own quasi-Letterkenny commercial!" but completely missed the mark, and had no idea what he or she was doing in the first place. Just an awful idea all the way around, and I can't believe it passed by as many people as it would have, and nobody said "wait a second....." before letting it air. 

good theory - I didn't even think of Letterkenny - because I didn't want to soil their good name with this steaming pile of crap commercial.  I can't see Squirrely Dan ever saying "muck a mammoth meal" or say "lets get a pair of piping pies".  What an abortion of an advertisement that totally missed the mark.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Is there a chance that  this was originally directed at the simpletons in the US market then later moved toward us, without any thought of the content?

Agreed that Its horsehit, nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

BC will be looking for the biggest meanest DT available in the NFL cuts to solve their horrible run defence. 

Tiers are: 

1. Bombers & Argos

2. Lions & Als

3. Everyone else

Montreal can beat BC and I'd put money on them at home vs the Lions.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Not bold prediction.  Lieghio going to lose a game for Hamilton.

Lieghhio made his kicks last night but just barely. They were all pulling to the left & just getting in by a thread. He could have had another 2 or 3 misses. You'd think he'd be working on centering his kicks but it looks like he never does. But he's the Ti Cats problem now. Not ours. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

To me he actually has shown...especially how he has progressed as of yesterday's game to be the one right now with the best potential...he just looked quasi legit last night...now if he can string together a few more games like that...they may have something there...he seems pretty smart and didn't make the typical forcing things mistakes...be interesting to see him moving forward 

Based on what I saw of Powell he & Dru Brown are on par. Brown has another year of experience in a high powered offense but right now, both have about the same anount of actual game experience. You look at the qb situation in the CFL & where could they both end up?

Ottawa looks like they'll stick with Crum. Argos have Kelly. Hamilton will probably try to lock Powell up long term as I can't see Bo levi coming back & is Matthew Schilz the real deal? Don't know as he's not playing. Fajardo is actually playing well in Montreal. I think they stick with him.

In the West, BC has Adams, Calgary has Maier & I think Dickenson & Hufnagel see him as their long term qb going forward. Saskatchewan is definitely a place where either Powell or Dru Brown could land. Especially if Trevor Harris retires. However, Mason Fine has shown some potential as well. Zach Collaros is entrenched here so if Brown wants to start he then has to leave. Edmonton is a wasteland. It may be where qbs go to die. Especially if Chris Jones stays on after this season. But we know if these 2 don't re-sign with their respective teams that the Elks will go hard after both. 

40 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Is there a chance that  this was originally directed at the simpletons in the US market then later moved toward us, without any thought of the content?

Agreed that Its horsehit, nonetheless. 

100% possible. This absolutely REEKS of Americans thinking they're funny 

As far as commercials go, just about every one of them is annoying. Especially when we see them repeated over & over during a game. All it proves is just how stupid advertisers think consumers are.

I've started PVR'ng the games now & waiting an hour or more before I watch. That way, I can FF thru all the commercials. Which is why I never partake in the conversation here during games much anymore. I come by afterwards. Not seeing all those dumbass commercials is so nice.

I also don't like the 5-5:30 pm MDT start times as I'm usually bbq'ng or just relaxing on my deck with my wife. I can watch the games when I want & not when TSN tells me. 

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As far as commercials go, just about every one of them is annoying. Especially when we see them repeated over & over during a game. All it proves is just how stupid advertisers think consumers are.

I've started PVR'ng the games now & waiting an hour or more before I watch. That way, I can FF thru all the commercials. Which is why I never partake in the conversation here during games much anymore. I come by afterwards. Not seeing all those dumbass commercials is so nice.

I also don't like the 5-5:30 pm MDT start times as I'm usually bbq'ng or just relaxing on my deck with my wife. I can watch the games when I want & not when TSN tells me. 

Here ya go in case you want to watch it some more.  From Z to A eh?  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lieghhio made his kicks last night but just barely. They were all pulling to the left & just getting in by a thread. He could have had another 2 or 3 misses. You'd think he'd be working on centering his kicks but it looks like he never does. But he's the Ti Cats problem now. Not ours. 

I’m sure they’re right down the middle in practice but come game time whole different story. My guess it isn’t mechanics, it’s mental.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe it was Barker who brought up the notion that BC's Dline is smaller so they're getting hurt in the run game. I thought the issue was the BC's dline was lining up offside or jumping early at the start of the season and teams complained and now they can't do this.

Well it can be both. They're smaller and speedier, that's how they succeeded vs. Winnipeg in the first match. Quick jump and the Bomber ol was a step behind em. But you run it down their throats and they don't get the fast start because refs are watching them and what do they have?

5 hours ago, ddanger said:

Watched close to the whole game last night. Damn BC was bad! VA didn't have nearly his best game, and I had to wonder if Lucky was even on the field. Pretty pleased that we put some more distance between us and them. Lots of games left, and anything can happen.

Yeah, I watched most of the second half.

Is this a good team? Does anyone...have any intention...of making a play?

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe it was Barker who brought up the notion that BC's Dline is smaller so they're getting hurt in the run game. I thought the issue was the BC's dline was lining up offside or jumping early at the start of the season and teams complained and now they can't do this.

They were doing that too ..and a couple teams sent in tape/complaints to.the league...and that coincides with the donut shop closing down

44 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Betts obviously off the juice now. Dude just looks smaller 

But still a Howdy Doody looking mf'er