Little Cats at Big Cats

bustamente

Powell's major weakness is low mobility/athleticism.  If he gets moved off his first couple reads and has to get out the play is basically dead.  He is really ideal for the more "West Coast" style scheme which is what Milanovich will fall toward schematically anyways, drop and fire.  Shiltz will be a nice complement as a role player to run more of an option package.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Based on what I saw of Powell he & Dru Brown are on par. Brown has another year of experience in a high powered offense but right now, both have about the same anount of actual game experience. You look at the qb situation in the CFL & where could they both end up?

Ottawa looks like they'll stick with Crum. Argos have Kelly. Hamilton will probably try to lock Powell up long term as I can't see Bo levi coming back & is Matthew Schilz the real deal? Don't know as he's not playing. Fajardo is actually playing well in Montreal. I think they stick with him.

In the West, BC has Adams, Calgary has Maier & I think Dickenson & Hufnagel see him as their long term qb going forward. Saskatchewan is definitely a place where either Powell or Dru Brown could land. Especially if Trevor Harris retires. However, Mason Fine has shown some potential as well. Zach Collaros is entrenched here so if Brown wants to start he then has to leave. Edmonton is a wasteland. It may be where qbs go to die. Especially if Chris Jones stays on after this season. But we know if these 2 don't re-sign with their respective teams that the Elks will go hard after both. 

Ottawa, Montreal, BC, Calgary, Hamilton, Edmonton and Sask will all be in the QB market next off-season.

There's no chance Crum or Powell are taken into next season as franchise QB's.  Both are on rookie deals, those teams will have money to spend on another QB.

Fajardo cannot score points at all.  They've scored 3 offensive TD's in a game once with Fajardo starting.  Their braintrust might be stupid enough to think he's their franchise QB, but they'd be stupid for sure.

Maier has been mostly terrible and frustration from Dickenson is palpable in his post-game scrums.  If there was a viable move for them to make today to move Maier to the sideline I believe they'd take it.  They will be in the market, and they don't have to worry about $$$ because they'll have a trade market for Maier among the teams that don't get Brown if they were able to sign him.

Adams is just good enough to lose.  I think BC will quite likely be disappointed at the end of this season and will be tempted to make a change at QB to someone with more consistency as a passer.  Adams will get ugly like Fajardo as his mobility wanes with age.  He can't play from the pocket.

18 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ottawa, Montreal, BC, Calgary, Hamilton, Edmonton and Sask will all be in the QB market next off-season.

There's no chance Crum or Powell are taken into next season as franchise QB's.  Both are on rookie deals, those teams will have money to spend on another QB.

Fajardo cannot score points at all.  They've scored 3 offensive TD's in a game once with Fajardo starting.  Their braintrust might be stupid enough to think he's their franchise QB, but they'd be stupid for sure.

Maier has been mostly terrible and frustration from Dickenson is palpable in his post-game scrums.  If there was a viable move for them to make today to move Maier to the sideline I believe they'd take it.  They will be in the market, and they don't have to worry about $$$ because they'll have a trade market for Maier among the teams that don't get Brown if they were able to sign him.

Adams is just good enough to lose.  I think BC will quite likely be disappointed at the end of this season and will be tempted to make a change at QB to someone with more consistency as a passer.  Adams will get ugly like Fajardo as his mobility wanes with age.  He can't play from the pocket.

Edmonton might have Rourke's bro starting next season if he doesn't get an NFL look.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As far as commercials go, just about every one of them is annoying. Especially when we see them repeated over & over during a game. All it proves is just how stupid advertisers think consumers are.

They obviously made a bad attempt to copy all of our 'jargon', intimating that that's supposed to be the way 'real Canadians' talk....especially when ordering a pizza...LOL.....IF the intent was to sell pizza's ,I think they missed the mark and they can take a couple of those piping pies and shove them up the ol' wazoo....They have to quit embarrassing us and themselves with that junk

AND as far as the Save On Foods commercial goes....for cripes sake can't they change the theme up a bit....I'm getting tired of watching that little girl and her family running the aisles of the store.....I'm sure Jimmy Pattison , the trillion air' ,who owns the grocery chain, can afford to get some new faces in his ads........unless that little girl is his grand daughter and he just can't let that ad go....

Edited by Stickem

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Edmonton might have Rourke's bro starting next season if he doesn't get an NFL look.

Rourke will get a good 2 yrs worth of looks first just based on his appearance alone...as he physically looks like a NFL gm's wet dream...then we may see him up here 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rourke will get a good 2 yrs worth of looks first just based on his appearance alone...as he physically looks like a NFL gm's wet dream...then we may see him up here 

Seems Nathan's bro tore up something last game and he was pulled....He already lost last year because of an ACL ....He's going for x-rays....maybe the guy is prone

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Seems Nathan's bro tore up something last game and he was pulled....He already lost last year because of an ACL ....He's going for x-rays....maybe the guy is prone

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Which may cause the NFL to take a pass on the guy.

Yes...then yeah he may need to prove something up here for 2 yrs then....is he a gangly 6'5" ??

Havnt followed him much 

9 hours ago, Booch said:

Yes...then yeah he may need to prove something up here for 2 yrs then....is he a gangly 6'5" ??

Havnt followed him much 

Dave Naylor & TSN sure pump the guy's tires. 

6 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

If young Rourke ever makes it near the cfl, BC will be the front runner. Absolutely. 

Edmonton or Ottawa should draft him 31 as BC would pay a King's ransom to get him in a trade. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Why would BC want him? Because his last name is Rourke? Not following....

Just speculating, I’d imagine the Lions would want the fan and media interest of having another Canadian/Rourke at QB. Older Rourke was kind of the catalyst for their attendance turnaround. 
Also, the kid is really fing good. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Just speculating, I’d imagine the Lions would want the fan and media interest of having another Canadian/Rourke at QB. Older Rourke was kind of the catalyst for their attendance turnaround. 

The "little" brother is listed at 6'5, 231 lbs... that alone (along with solid college numbers) will keep him in the NFL for a least a few years

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

yeah that's why I'm thinking Ottawa or Edmonton takes him with their number one pick - and then hangs on to him instead of sending him to BC, just cuz his older bro played there.