Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT

JCon

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

just watched an interview with Dru Brown on TSN. pretty calm & well spoken. Paid tribute to Zach saying he's done so much to help him develop. Brown also said that it's always something bad that happens when the guy ahead of you either goes down or is benched. He paid tribute to his receivers all making plays for him.

As O’Shea has said, “they’re all starters”. Has got them believing in themselves and each other. One of his great strengths. 

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Even Suitor mentioned it ,how well Brown sold the play action.....I dunno guys ,what did tou see ,that ZC doesn't do.?

What I saw was him doing the handoff while standing right up against the runner and tucking the ball in really close to make it harder for the defenders to see who has it.   I find that Zach and a lot of other QBs for that matter don't get in quite as close to the runner and don't disguise it quite as well. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Brown is already leagues ahead of Streveler as a passer.  Streveler just has that unique running skill with some passing savvy.

You called it. I contemplated saying he was better than Streveler as a passer but didn't want to be premature. But today's performance demonstrates that his potential is already reality. His composure in the pocket and on scrambles is unreal

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Dru Brown can win this thing for Bombers. But the team needs to get down to business.

Just pointing out that we were down 22-0 and ZC was on his way to the dressing room when I posted the above comment :) Hope Zach and Woli are OK though and also that Bombers can figure out a way to keep Dru Brown next year ... 

Some random stats from tonight. Beyond the home losing streak, Edmonton has now lost 14 straight overall. Third longest streak ever in league history. The 22 point comeback is not a Bomber record (that would be 27 points in Hamilton) but is the “second” largest shutout deficit comeback ever in CFL history (3 teams were down 24-0 and came back to win, two of them road teams, the 22-0 comeback is the next biggest). 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Some random stats from tonight. Beyond the home losing streak, Edmonton has now lost 14 straight overall. Third longest streak ever in league history. The 22 point comeback is not a Bomber record (that would be 27 points in Hamilton) but is the “second” largest shutout deficit comeback ever in CFL history (3 teams were down 24-0 and came back to win, two of them road teams, the 22-0 comeback is the next biggest). 

Biggest Bomber comeback since 1994, even bigger than Jyles on Thanksgiving cleaning up in Alex Brink first ever start in 2010.

Oliviera outgained Kevin Brown even with that 65 yarder Brown had to start the game.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Brown is already leagues ahead of Streveler as a passer.  Streveler just has that unique running skill with some passing savvy.

Leagues better then a guy who stuck in the NFL for a few years despite having the unfortunate experience of running lame trick plays that LaPo saddled him with?

Strev could always pass, it was only when LaPo decided to overthink and create Mike Kelly like plays around him that he ended up regressing slightly in his 2nd season with us.

Edited by Brandon

26 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I don't think ZC was concussed on the sideline he was rolling his neck like it had stiffened up on him, as for Woli I think was chest or ribs as he was up and talking on the sidelines on the few shots of the Bombers bench.

BOO can fill in for him more than adequately. We do have depth at the receiver position.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Leagues better then a guy who stuck in the NFL for a few years despite having the unfortunate experience of running lame trick plays that LaPo saddled him with?

Strev could always pass, it was only when LaPo decided to overthink and create Mike Kelly like plays around him.

Strev can mess a team up with his legs. Can he mess up a defense with his arm, I don't think so. Brown is younger. I'll take him.