Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Again....how did the roster management make Schoen drop a ball? Or Brady fumble? The game was there's and the star players who ate always rostered dropped it.

Did u see McRae almost cough up 3 pints deep in our end? That's just one example..everyone can cherry pick the good..and bad of the decisions on roster...but an example of Schoen and BO... undeniable starters is pointless 

And we lucky our offence was staying on field putting up points so our defence did t get bagged out with 4 quality Dline man and 2 others who are below avg at best...and luckily bad Evans showed up...then got hurt and the worst QB in the league had to play...we won that's all that matters..but we could field an even stronger roster that likely could be unbeatable now that the offence seems to.be on same page...but flame away...winning always masks deficiencies 

That's the first time this year that we've looked like the dominant team we've been for the last couple of years. 

Shredding BC's defence by simply using an extra O lineman and going deep all the time. Who'd have thunk it? 

They dominated the first game. We dominated the second game. I can't wait to see the third game. 

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Well, that was fun.  Can't wait to read through this thread.

Just finished catching up on my read through. Was glad to see that everyone enjoyed the game. 
Was a fun game to be at for sure. Can’t remember running up and down the stairs high fiving people before but our section was in to it last night. 

Damn good pummeling I'd say or good old fashioned arse whoopin' if you prefer....Bombers firing on all cylinders right out of the gate....Zack long bombing them to get things started and it was all down hill for the leo's after that....We needed that to get the bad taste out of our mouth after the first game we played those guys....Luv'd every minute of it and it's sure nice to right the ship and sit atop of the standings once again.....Now we just have to stay there

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

That's the first time this year that we've looked like the dominant team we've been for the last couple of years. 

Shredding BC's defence by simply using an extra O lineman and going deep all the time. Who'd have thunk it? 

They dominated the first game. We dominated the second game. I can't wait to see the third game. 

Yup...are we back...we shall see...and if u go back and rewatch...a lot of the big plays were just regular sets...we started off heavy to tenderize them...then sauted the balls out of them

Bighill and Lawler comments re refs are interesting. good to see.

"Adam Bighill also wasn’t happy about the unnecessary roughness penalty he was assessed late in the third quarter for what looked like a clean hit on Keon Hatcher.

“The guy who threw a flag was on the exact opposite side of the collision, who could not clearly see where I hit him, how I hit him. The fact is, he threw a penalty because I hit the player hard. This is what football is, so I would like there to be a little bit more clarity and absolute precision in a call. Just because someone gets hit hard doesn’t mean a flag needs to come out,” said Bighill."

https://3downnation.com/2023/08/03/blue-bombers-wreck-lions-to-reclaim-first-place-in-west-division-10-other-thoughts/

that was a great tackle, and a terrible call. reminded me of some of the penalties buff used to get.

Bighill was punishing B.C. but good, holy crap what ( clean) hits.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

On the returner issue, heck Derek Taylor mentioned it a few times on the post game. As to the only dressing 6 DL, Doug Brown mentions it every game as an issue. Its not just some of us Dorito eating, Super fans typing away at our keyboards.

No...but many fans here slobber all over Osh's membrane cause we still won despite the glaring oddnes of it all...gotta be lucky to be good...and we have skirted that line pretty good for last few yrs...believe it if u want...or don't...could care less...

Just now, JCon said:

First time we played 60 minutes this year. Although, the Lions did everything they could to kill the clock in the 4th. 

58 mins as our return game was scary and didn't do anything to help us...and not the scary good btw..aGramt can't come back soon enough...

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Did u see McRae almost cough up 3 pints deep in our end? That's just one example..everyone can cherry pick the good..and bad of the decisions on roster...but an example of Schoen and BO... undeniable starters is pointless 

And we lucky our offence was staying on field putting up points so our defence did t get bagged out with 4 quality Dline man and 2 others who are below avg at best...and luckily bad Evans showed up...then got hurt and the worst QB in the league had to play...we won that's all that matters..but we could field an even stronger roster that likely could be unbeatable now that the offence seems to.be on same page...but flame away...winning always masks deficiencies 

Well I can wait for next week when more Blue Bomber luck will show just how lucky they are to be 1st in the west.

Honestly other teams are lucky at this point. If MOS listened to the coaches on this forum we'd be 8-0 with a 10000000 point differential. 

But really what game did you watch? Our O scored points but didn't stay on the field lol. Especially in the first half. OF COURSE WINNING HIDES THINGS. the sky is blue. What other amazing things can you share with us? Maybe that winning sells a lot of tickets too? 

Edited by Bigblue204

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That call on Biggie was just pure unadulterated bull$hit....This is football and I think someone in the league office has to remind some of the refs of that fact

Yeah...that was a brutal call...as was the OPI on Lawler...Shane too as he was my captain for fantasy and piled me up 66 points lol

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Well I can wait for next week when more Blue Bomber luck will show just how lucky they are to be 1st in the west.

Honestly other teams are lucky at this point. If MOS listened to the coaches on this forum we'd be 8-0 with a 10000000 point differential. 

Slurp slurp 

The officiating is nuts.

The replay official buzzes down to make sure they call a no end penalty on us first drive of the game.

Where was he on Betts uncalled offside?  Where was he on the Bighill play that was blatantly not a penalty?  Where was he on the next play when BC receiver was clearly down at 40 with contact gets up and runs across 30?

If they are going to auto review some plays (aside from scoring ones) they need to review all of them.

Also O’Shea needs work on when to use the flag.  On a 60 yard play to Lawler…use it.  On a blatant illegal tackle by us…don’t use it.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

What's miller's status cuz he'd help sp teams out. Hansen? Got any dudes who can replace Bennett so i guess American DL... and then play the cdn spot elsewhere 

I gotta eat some crow on Bennet, he played his best game.last night. Actually pushing OL back a bit. Getting some pressure, attacking the ball carrier. He made me notice him which was nice.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

We’re apparently not allowed to talk about that here

You're not lucky enough

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The officiating is nuts.

The replay official buzzes down to make sure they call a no end penalty on us first drive of the game.

Where was he on Betts uncalled offside?  Where was he on the Bighill play that was blatantly not a penalty?  Where was he on the next play when BC receiver was clearly down at 40 with contact gets up and runs across 30?

If they are going to auto review some plays (aside from scoring ones) they need to review all of them.

Also O’Shea needs work on when to use the flag.  On a 60 yard play to Lawler…use it.  On a blatant illegal tackle by us…don’t use it.

Was gonna say with that..we had a tight end and a wr...we only need 7 on the line...wtf was that bs call

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I'll keep slurping the wins as a fan.... you keep living a fantasy where you know better than MOS lol.

Yeah that's it...carry on

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You can believe that Mike oshae is a good coach AND that he has some flaws. Both can be true.

It's no diff when people here rag on a player for not performing well...or needing to fix a few things...and some people "fans" rag on players with no clue or reason to as well...Osh is the coach I want..but he could fix a few lingerie g issues...but again...carry on wayward fans

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

We’re apparently not allowed to talk about that here

Nope...he's perfect...2 cups...last one 2 yrs ago is proof...if u not evolving and refining...u die out there...not saying we Dieng or gonna...our core is too good...batten down the hatches and add the depth we lacking..we won't be beat again

19 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That call on Biggie was just pure unadulterated bull$hit....This is football and I think someone in the league office has to remind some of the refs of that fact

That call was a f**king joke. As usual there were a ton on garbage calls last night. The Lawler offensive pass interference was weak. But the one i really couldnt figure out was the simultaneous offsides?? It took the second Lawler TD off the board. They flagged one of BC's Defensive lineman and Shoen for offsides on the same play. How the *uck do 2 guys go offsides at the same time?!?! Clowns. It would have given Zach 4 passing TD's and it likely cost him a 400 yard passing game.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti