Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

BC Lions poked the bear. Don't poke the bear, he will rip your face off. 

rumours of the bombers demise greatly exaggerated. 

Last poke was winning the toss and taking the ball to start.  They got way out in front of their skis and Collaros tightened them up.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Mike, with all due respect, it's the way that some of you guys are presenting the issue that some here are barking about. The hyperbole has been strong and vastly overstated. Would it be nice to see some extra PR dev, an extra DL, and maybe Parker in the game tonight. Absolutely. Could this cost us a game. NOT A CHANCE,. I'm sorry but it won't. We have too many quality and versatile guys up and down our roster to even remotely think that not dressing Parker tonight would have made a difference. It wouldn't have. Even if the game was closer. Even if one of our secondary guys went down. Our team is good enough to overcome bad roster management. That's the bottom line. 

That being said, I would like us to reach our full potential and find the roster management weird. I fully appreciate the conversation except when people exaggerate it's effect on our potential fortunes. We could roster better, but bottom line we are rostering better than probably any other team in the league right now despite not rostering our strongest potential lineup.

I mean a month ago this whole conversation started with a very ominous question. "Is this the year the fan's turn on Mike Oshea?"

Really?

Parker is minor.

Having a guy like Jeffcoat out there with no real backup or opportunity to spell him is a problem over a 18 game season and potentially in a close game.  I mean we already lived that in the Ottawa loss when our D was dead tired.

McCrae and Jackson don’t bring much.  I respect O’Shea’s approach in building a team and not a roster with someone like Jackson and what he brings, but I don’t think you can do that when you’re running a DL that is missing parts.  7 DL is standard in this era.  Can argue Maruo and Cole do some rushing in different sets but there’s no way we shouldn’t have another end on the roster at the very least both for the current game and getting our best players Jeffcoat and Jefferson to the games when we really need to win.

I’d like to see what Houston looks like returning punts.  

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Also…Dom Davis…why?

You get a half of garbage time reps and they go to a 34 year old guy who can hardly even run a short yardage package.

League needs to force teams to carry developmental QBs.

I agree with that.

38 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Parker is minor.

Having a guy like Jeffcoat out there with no real backup or opportunity to spell him is a problem over a 18 game season and potentially in a close game.  I mean we already lived that in the Ottawa loss when our D was dead tired.

McCrae and Jackson don’t bring much.  I respect O’Shea’s approach in building a team and not a roster with someone like Jackson and what he brings, but I don’t think you can do that when you’re running a DL that is missing parts.  7 DL is standard in this era.  Can argue Maruo and Cole do some rushing in different sets but there’s no way we shouldn’t have another end on the roster at the very least both for the current game and getting our best players Jeffcoat and Jefferson to the games when we really need to win.

I'm in full agreement. Just don't think it will cost us games.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Parker is minor.

Hopefully Garbutt is up to speed to get in the lineup for next game.

Amazing great win....outcome and play was far better than I expected.

I am still concerned about the lack of depth along the d-line and having Bennet as the only "real" rotation piece, but at least tonight they used unconventional rushes and multiple backers and it worked great. If this can be the standard then my concerns are unfounded.

Worst part of the game was this morning..as i got into the tequila on a week day to celebrate the 50 burger....

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I agree with that.

I'm in full agreement. Just don't think it will cost us games.

In a ,closer game...those 3 almost fumbles on pints could kill us...could have totally changed game last night too...bullet dodged

And wearing out a Dline game in and game out gonna come back to haunt us and cost us games

The Ott loss was a direct result of that..those 2 Crummy runs were direct result of that with Dline being gasped and not able to pursue let alone tackle...and same with weak assed LB depth with Briggs grabbing at air.

Still don't get the Kramdi love..he liability out there and when Cole was nin all he did was make plays or cause havoc...and Jackson...that's a waste..sure he balls out and does a decent job...but not needed unless he can take meaningful reps on defence...that oline play last night was basically result of oline playing like they capable of...not due to a da fullback....that group of bears was poked...expect them to eat rest of yr..they were on a mission

Just now, bustamente said:

This team just plays on a different level at home, 1st place and home field for the playoffs sure would be nice. This receiving core was pretty good without Lawler, with him they are out of this world especially if ZC gets time.

Lawler brings this receiving group to a different level..knew he was good...but man..what a huge guy to have our there...300 yards in 2 games...and he and ZC just warming up ..happiest guy out there gotta be Schoen now...he gonna have sooo much room..and then teams still need to shut down Demski ..Woli and Sheed....and look over their Shoulders for BO coming to truck them...speaking of which BO hasore than enough explosion and burst to rip a big run as we saw in the 27 yard TD where he just flew through this supposed fast extreme good tackling BC second level...he's the most complete back in the league in my opinion...as we haven't even fully exploited teams with his receiving yet 

6 minutes ago, Purple_Reign said:

Like I said Betts can disappear for some games, as he is very streaky player. A douchebag that can easily be rattled when things don’t go right for him. 

The doughnut boys, yup I see a donut in that 50.

I agree...if he don't get his way...aka their line being quasi offside often...they as a group disappear...watched our tackles and te's in the big sets...totally schooled and controlled the doucher...he just looked deflated midway thru 2nd Qt

Just now, rebusrankin said:

On the DLine arguement, in the Grey Cup last year, Jeffcoat went out and Kelly had a 20 yard run that helped cost us a threepeat.

The lean Dline last yr yes cost is in the overall scheme of things too ..and sadly that yr we did have some options...we traded one...dumped one

8 hours ago, Booch said:

yup...some just dont get it at all....cause we won

Yes some of you don't get it...its the whole package from MOS is why we win...of course he has shortcomings...doesn't everyone? The key imo..is that player's will go through a brick wall for him....they buy into him. Will that change? Of course,we can't win forever. For now enjoy the ride.😊 2 cups so far don't lie.

Edited by bb1

Kramdi was great last night.  First game I’ve seen live where he seemed like he had two working legs, one of those guys you’re always waiting on the other shoe to drop injury-wise.  They tried to isolate him in coverage early but he was like a wet blanket.  Then when they got ahead they rolled a lot of two high safeties with him and Alexander for the most part.

He also saved Jeffcoat’s bacon a bunch vs the run when Jeffcoat took aggressive angles and got out run.

Darby is another American we could replace pretty easily.  Didn’t see him out much on D and boneheaded play on teams where he acted like he was onside smacking ball out of bounds for a 15 yard penalty.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Hey he had his two drops and overly dramatic body language after missing each ball :D

However when I go to cfl.ca to look at the boxscore it shows that he had a 57 yard TD and only 9 YAC yards?? That doesn't seem right.

pgxej4r.png

Yup that’s right. That was Collaros throwing it perfectly into his hands on the 9 yrd line :) 

Methinks the Doughnut Boys labelled themselves a little prematurely after feasting on Deadmonton twice. They should probably come up with another nickname. Perhaps the "We Should Have Waited Until We Actually Won A Cup Or Atleast Played More Than 7 Games Before We Came Up With A Cool Nickname For Our Defense Boys"?

9 hours ago, do or die said:

Doughnut boys got eaten up......

unfortunately we only served up a 6 pack... so they'll have to share

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Darby is another American we could replace pretty easily.  Didn’t see him out much on D and boneheaded play on teams where he acted like he was onside smacking ball out of bounds for a 15 yard penalty.

I was just thinking about this too... what is Darby brining to the roster right now?... If Krahmdi is starting, why not dress Parker who brings much more to the return game and positional versatility in the secondary?