Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

1 hour ago, Booch said:

That online work last week...I highly doubt we see that again ...that was just bizzare...they were lights out first 2 games...u don't lose it over a week

And even tho Sask sucks in general their front 7 is no joke and we handled them just fine..even Hamilton's front ain't chopped liver

I not..and never was concerned with online...my issue is an import DT and getting our injured DBs back to cement who the starting 5 will be and let them gel again...that and how we work out roster to maximize its value

Yeah the oline play was bad, and the play calling made it worse. I'm confident Buck will get it together this week.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Excited to see a good football game today. Edmonton vs Ottawa made baby Jesus cry

Not  to mention a ton of Bomber fans.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah the oline play was bad, and the play calling made it worse. I'm confident Buck will get it together this week.

It starts and ends with the O-line play. When they do their jobs, many, many things become possible but last week was the worst outing since Collaros got here, and he paid for it. 

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Canadian born...school and played in U.S ...went down at 17

Kool Did not know that - I am the opposite - US born - went to SMU and played there (not all that good but did get some games in) - Went into the Army in the late 60's did my thing in Nam and after being mustered out came to Winnipeg thinking I could play for the Bombers (a few of my SMU team members had tried out up here) - Made it through 2 days of rookie camp and gave up the ghost (I was in great shape just not fast enough). However everything has a silver lining - I met my wife (51 years and counting) - got my MBA - Moved back to Dallas and then back to Winnipeg in 1981 (and have been a season ticket holder and Bomber fan ever since) - Note I now live in Calgary (took my business there about 15 years ago) - heck I even was one of the orginal members of TotalCFL (wonder if anyone remembers that site) and of course Colin Unger's (OurBombers) site. I still have (see photo) my signed Dieter Brock Jersey!!

27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Not  to mention a ton of Bomber fans.

It starts and ends with the O-line play. When they do their jobs, many, many things become possible but last week was the worst outing since Collaros got here, and he paid for it. 

Wow! Any game that would make "Baby Jesus Cry" has to be a really really bad game!😄

From Ed Tait

The @Wpg_BlueBombers have made some last minute roster adjustments for today's game:
Added Canadian WR Jeremy Murphy, LB Brian Cole to the active roster. WR Carlton Agudosi and LB Redha Kramdi moved to the one-game injured list.
Also, Nic Demski will not dress tonight.

7 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This is going to be a tough game against a solid Montreal team.

If the Bombers can shake Fajardo up early in the game, the rest should be easy. But then, it was thought that the Lions' game would be easy as well. 

26 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

From Ed Tait

The @Wpg_BlueBombers have made some last minute roster adjustments for today's game:
Added Canadian WR Jeremy Murphy, LB Brian Cole to the active roster. WR Carlton Agudosi and LB Redha Kramdi moved to the one-game injured list.
Also, Nic Demski will not dress tonight.

Ewww...

Good thing the Bombers are going to use that new Vet as Non-Import for 23 plays, as intended... right. RIGHT?

Oh FFS, who am I kidding... we are going to be in tough tonight.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That is scary bad news about the roster. Yiiiikes. I have to watch today's game in Saskatoon and I have a bad history watching games in this province. I am terrified for tonight. :(

We need all the help tonight and as many lucky bounces....

So you know what you have to do @Noeller...

GTFO out of Sask. Its really what any sane person would do.

04205276-093a-4d92-a4d7-41b8dabb8cb5_tex

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

On 6/25/2023 at 10:56 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

The D so far is always a step behind, and in the case of the corners usually 2 steps.  Not a lot of playmaking, so in my mind they need to work on being more aggressive earlier, mostly on the coverage side.  We can't let teams drive down to the 35 and then count on a turnover/sack etc as in past years.  Even though some of the names are the same the playmaking isn't there anymore, and especially in the secondary.

They need to break tendencies because they aren't simply good enough to just execute the same schemes repeatedly and beat people.  Be less predictable.  If you can't get pressure with 3-4-5, play more aggressive coverages.  Don't simply throw blitzes out and leave a bunch of green grass out there for the O to work with.

Against Fajardo if you keep him in the pocket you'll get him to make bad choices.  Tighten coverage first, not so concerned about pass rush vs Fajardo, but it is a general concern.

Going to have to be ready for a physical game vs Stanback.  If I'm Maas I'm just feeding him until the Bombers show they came to play.

In fairness, how different is our conversation about the secondary if they actually catch the 6 INTs thrown right into their hands. The jugs machine should be sweating right now if I'm Richie Hall.

I'm not saying it's been a work of art or anything but the Bombers worst  mistakes in the secondary seem to be penalties and dropsies. These are correctable with a good week of mental prep.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Great roster management as usual 

I hear mos won some grey cups and that means he is flawless in all aspects of football. 

33 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

We used to crow about our depth. What happened?

it’s been picked away at since 19. Guys leaving to the nfl then coming back to other teams, free agency too. And we’ve failed to draft sign and develop replacements.

56 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They really gotta add some Canadians to the PR.  They aren’t going to be world beaters but guys that can play special teams at least.

Is dj lalama kicking around still? Exhume would be a good insert. Hallett could be healthy this year. Isnt jake burt a fa? He could be a nice roster flip for jackson. Other than rush all I can think of is or diving other teams. Brandon calver is on the Argos pr. 

Edited by wbbfan

Nobody is asking for an airlift per se but our IR has grown recently. We could use a look see of a couple of ST types. Exume comes to mind as an ex-Bomber. Bombers did bring in Mohammed as depth when many of our DB's got nicked. So I can imagine we might see a few new faces next week depending on injury status.

May need to replace Kramdi for a couple of games for example. 1 game IR may be longer than that.

30 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I’m 2/3 of the way through our annual Whiteshell Canada Day tour, gamete’s market in LDB, lunch at Colin’s Housebin Beausejour and just need the dipped and rolled from the dairy bar. 

I have a good feeling that we’ll win and Demski will become a dad tonight. 

LFG it’s Canada Day Game Day!!!

I hope you spent an appropriate amount of time in Pinawa! My hometown, my heaven...