Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Kelly is impressive on teams...and since he been in...Hansen return....been a nice lil improvement...thats why that addition of Schmecklschmackle on a few occasions was even more bizzaee...as he had prob 10 useless reps combined in all his rostering...I don't care how hard he practices and whatnot...everyone should be doing that or be gone...

I was seriously impressed by Kelly's kick cover against Toronto. I can clearly remember on play that he lined up on the near sideline, kick and returner went on the far side and he ran a "J" route around everyone and made the tackle. Cemented my opinion that he needs to be on the roster and will be a difference maker in the future.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well regardless of whether or not he is kept on the PR there us absolutely no reason to roster a guy who serves no purpose and takes no reps on game day. Just wasting a spot.

yeah....a waste of a spot for sure...no use at all games he was on...yet we saw what Kelly did before...and since

5 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I was seriously impressed by Kelly's kick cover against Toronto. I can clearly remember on play that he lined up on the near sideline, kick and returner went on the far side and he ran a "J" route around everyone and made the tackle. Cemented my opinion that he needs to be on the roster and will be a difference maker in the future.

He played like that in Pre-season...and the few games he got earlier in yr before hw got "hurt" which I have doubts he was even 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah....a waste of a spot for sure...no use at all games he was on...yet we saw what Kelly did before...and since

He played like that in Pre-season...and the few games he got earlier in yr before hw got "hurt" which I have doubts he was even 

I hadn't noticed or paid any attention to him until that game and have been very impressed in what I have seen so far. 

I keep meaning to go back and rewatch but did he get in on defense in the 4th quarter against the Lions?

Just now, GCJenks said:

I hadn't noticed or paid any attention to him until that game and have been very impressed in what I have seen so far. 

I keep meaning to go back and rewatch but did he get in on defense in the 4th quarter against the Lions?

Osh gets a boner for under achievers and guys behind 8ball....and tends to wanna really try and make em happen....seen it a lot since he been here....kudos to him for being behind some guys...but at the expense of better talent it's a flaw....u can still be a players coach/show loyalty other ways

Yeah, after watching that video, they really don't say much about Walters except that there's speculation that a lot of the decision making has been consolidated under O'Shea. So whether that means they're going to make him the GM on top of being HC....who knows. I just have such a hard time imagining that The Trinity doesn't stay together AT LEAST through 2025 to try and finish this thing off with the ultimate cherry on top. But who knows.... there could be in fighting going on.... would explain some things about why this past offseason was apparently **** for recruiting, or the players who did get recruited didn't really get a chance on the field.... maybe there's a difference of opinion that's causing these issues?? Won't know anything til the end of the year, and hopefully it's shortly after the GC parade that they announce a KW extension...

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would hope that doesnt get off-loaded on Osh....that would not be a good thing any way you slice it

If Walters bolts...or is not retained...which I doubt..Goevia is a sho-in seamless transition

I wondered about Rigmaiden, too. Maybe a promotion to GM would be enough to steal him back from BC.... 'cause he's still just an assistant there, isn't he? 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Osh gets a boner for under achievers and guys behind 8ball....and tends to wanna really try and make em happen....seen it a lot since he been here....kudos to him for being behind some guys...but at the expense of better talent it's a flaw....u can still be a players coach/show loyalty other ways

There are coaches at all levels who always seem take a shine to the underdog sometimes to the detriment of the team as a whole.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I hope we keep Walters.

If we lose Walters, I hope its not MOS as coach and GM. 

Goevia or Rigmaiden, especially Rigmaiden as GM would be great. Rigmaiden brings in talent see his time with us and with BC.

I think everyone got equally stressed with MOS on the expiring contract; but then when it was time, he re-upped for 3 years.

It is just how our operation works. Right now, there are more important things to do. When it is time, Kyle will sign his deal, which is probably already sitting on his "to-do" pile. I can't see anyone leaving before the Grey Cup year. At that point, everyone might stop and re-evaluate and make some decisions. But not now.