CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

4 hours ago, Booch said:

I'm guessing the Riders no longer have a season ticket wait list of 8 thousand. Lol

5 hours ago, Booch said:

The buzzword that TSN now uses is "Great Crowd" which is hilarious especially when the camera is panning an empty upper deck.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Lol @ the harvest excuse. Farmers these days are a very small part of any population

While attendance does seem to be making a comeback in most cities in the CFL a little bit, the pandemic really hurt the Riders. They were seling out until the season got cancelled in 2020. It's never really come back. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

While attendance does seem to be making a comeback in most cities in the CFL a little bit, the pandemic really hurt the Riders. They were seling out until the season got cancelled in 2020. It's never really come back. 

I think the biggest reason for their attendance downturn is that they have an inept head coach and a poor team.

Just now, Tracker said:

I think the biggest reason for their attendance downturn is that they have an inept head coach and a poor team. "Build it and they will come."

44 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

No love for the Riders, but they aren't unique there.

I maintain we have more true diehards than they do, but they (until recently) have more fairweathers who come out when things are good. But when things were truly shitty for us, we still had a lot of people coming out to games and buying gear and what not. More than any other franchise when things are shitty.... and IMO... that's the true measure of a fanbase. 

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I maintain we have more true diehards than they do, but they (until recently) have more fairweathers who come out when things are good. But when things were truly shitty for us, we still had a lot of people coming out to games and buying gear and what not. More than any other franchise when things are shitty.... and IMO... that's the true measure of a fanbase. 

what happened was when the Riders started to not be a total embarrassment on the field TSN started jerking off the people who did support the team in hard times and tons of people jumped right on that bandwagon "oh yeah, we're all super fans! BEST FANS EVAR!!!!11!!!" The guy who used to walk around campus in a Nealon Greene jersey (LOL at that) sure OK I'll buy he was a fan through thick and thin but the people who think the late 2000s version of the Riders is the norm can get all the way ******. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

You are completely right. 100%

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah I think in Sask you are just born a Rider Fan like you are "born Catholic". Thus you get your clothes in green like you would wear a crucifix 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

what happened was when the Riders started to not be a total embarrassment on the field TSN started jerking off the people who did support the team in hard times and tons of people jumped right on that bandwagon "oh yeah, we're all super fans! BEST FANS EVAR!!!!11!!!" The guy who used to walk around campus in a Nealon Greene jersey (LOL at that) sure OK I'll buy he was a fan through thick and thin but the people who think the late 2000s version of the Riders is the norm can get all the way ******. 

My son was at a Boise State qb camp while in Grade 11 back in 2006. During scrinnage, he pivoted to hand the ball off to his running back. It was incredibly hot that day at nearly 40 Celsius & the sun beating down. I guess his hands were sweaty. Anyway, he lost control of the ball & fumbled it. One of the Boise State defensive coaches started yelling, "Nealon!" Nealon!" "Nealon!!" Pretty funny... 

Edited by SpeedFlex27