Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

FIVE TO WATCH

Topping our ‘To Watch’ list a year ago was receiver Dalton Schoen, who then went on to lead the Canadian Football League in receiving and being named the league’s Most Outstanding Rookie. That’s a high bar, but here are a handful of fresh faces to begin tracking now:

#90 DE Jadrian Taylor: The Blue Bombers could use some import depth behind Willie Jefferson and Jackson Jeffcoat and Taylor, who spent two years at UTEP, is one of the candidates to track during camp.

LB Barrington Wade: Has had NFL looks from Baltimore and Denver, has impressive testing numbers, and caught the eye of Bombers scout Cyril Penn last year at Broncos training camp.

WR Michael Young: Played his college ball at both Notre Dame and Cincinnati before NFL opportunities last year from Indianapolis and Houston. The Blue Bombers receiving corps is stacked, but that doesn’t stop management from looking.

#49 LB Gee Stanley: An intriguing prospect in that he can play linebacker and could also get a look at the Dime spot. That versatility can be key in the CFL.

DE Aaron Sterling: Similar situation to Taylor, listed above. Check out Cyril Penn’s piece on him from late March here:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/03/28/tales-from-the-scouting-trail-aaron-sterling/

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Is the 19 year-old receiver gonna be in rookie camp?  Id love to see how he looks other there against pro's.

He's listed as one of invites from the Rifles:

Winnipeg Rifles

#78 Joseph Funk-Clements, DB
#77 Brandon Kamenz, DB
#79 Keyshawn Gaskin, DB
#73 Mekhi Tyrell, WR

17 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lol. You need to imbrace it like the Bombers have. The intro to Darren Cameron and Ed Tait's Handled Internally podcast includes Kelly's infamous quote.

Sorry, I need to protect my mental wellness. I couldn't embrace it then, and I still can't. lol. I was a huge proponent of hiring Kelly before it happened, and what happened after we actually did has left me with PTSD. lol. I could handle the incompetence of Mack...at least it was professional and not a gong show. 

10 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm hosting a meeting tomorrow at 9:30. I hope I can get to camp by 11. That's not likely, though. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Meeting venue has been changed to Fort Hew. 

Also please provide a video conference link to the "meeting" for those of us who cannot attend in person. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Didn't pass the physical maybe?

This late I’d have to think so. short of some thing like losing the desire to play. The weight of pending camp is big, if you are jacked up to get on the field it can break you. Tc is as much about sorting out who really wants to play badly vs who is hoping for a pay day and avoiding a regular job.