Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it is time..........

The Blue Bombers have been the least-penalized team on specials over in each of the last three years. They were first in 2019 with 30 infractions on special teams; first in 2021 with 19 and first last season with just 14 – 20 fewer than the next lowest teams (Hamilton, Montreal and Saskatchewan were all at 34).

Being the least penalized team does not surprise me but how few ST penalties we took last year is amazing.  We could have doubled our penalties and still finished 1st with room to spare.  

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

The Blue Bombers have been the least-penalized team on specials over in each of the last three years. They were first in 2019 with 30 infractions on special teams; first in 2021 with 19 and first last season with just 14 – 20 fewer than the next lowest teams (Hamilton, Montreal and Saskatchewan were all at 34).

Being the least penalized team does not surprise me but how few ST penalties we took last year is amazing.  We could have doubled our penalties and still finished 1st with room to spare.  

Conspiracy! Conspiracy!

Looking at the roster I’m excited to see how a couple others pan out.
Will Allen jr, a rookie db who got an nfl look after college career where he was a 3 year starter, blocked 5 kicks, had a record 26.1 yards per kick off return , with a couple tds and 17 pass knock downs. 
 cam lawson was great in his reps last year can’t wait to see if he takes another step forward this year. 
Payton muljo looks like a good prospect at T him vs Richmond will be a great battle. And if Richmond can finally stay healthy.

greg mccrae showed a lot of shiftiness speed and versatility. No soft spots in camp at rb it’s gonna be intense. 
tavaris Harrison and jaivon heiligh didn’t get any kind of shot last year but coming into camp and rookie camp with that experience is huge. 
agudosi is 29 now but flashed some intense brilliance last year. We are deep at wr but that huge frame is soo alluring  

Joe Beckett, a big body mlber who played some de and can pass rush well from multiple alignments is exciting. We haven’t developed a good imp lber in a while and it’s always nice to have tweeners up here. 

Than the elephants in the room. Literally in Dobson and Eli. If Eli comes back close to the level he left at I think he quickly takes a starting job. Dobson is gonna push the guards hard too. In his second year I expect to really see him start to click. 

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Liegghio's passport is nice, but nobody, but nobody, with the exception of Collaros should get complacent. That's what good teams do.

so much this.... a really REALLY good team, just got even better, even if only because of veteran experience. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Liegghio's passport is nice, but nobody, but nobody, with the exception of Collaros should get complacent. That's what good teams do.

Qft. 

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

Very curious to see Joe Beckett, OB Goodson, Jadrian Taylor and a few other rookies

it’s a really strong batch of rookies. Gonna be a bunch of dog fights for spots on the roster.