Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Any interesting future bighill replacements? Feel like that time is coming sooner rather than later 

Barrington Wade was justed signed yesterday. 6 foot 1, 232 pounds. Was on the Bombers' neg list for awhile. Spent time on the Broncos' practice roster and got into 4 games in 2021. Was released by Denver at the end of Aug last year.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Barrington Wade was justed signed yesterday. 6 foot 1, 232 pounds. Was on the Bombers' neg list for awhile. Spent time on the Broncos' practice roster and got into 4 games in 2021. Was released by Denver at the end of Aug last year.

That is an exceptional get. He’s an insane athlete for an nfl lber. He is freakishly strong and plays like  he’s 260lbs. 
Hes definitely on the list of guys I’m excited to see. His experience on teams he could be a di for us out of the gate.  

Edited by wbbfan

Barrington Wade is one name off our neg list I’m very happy to see us sign 

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Just come out and say you'd cut rose... because other than him it's only Alexander that is not young.

I didn’t say I would cut Rose. I said I wonder if they’ll consider getting younger. Darby is an option too. They’ve always got huge competition in camp for DBs, so you never know. 

22 hours ago, Booch said:

yes he was...as was the whole unit

Not quite good enough in the last two games. They were sloppy against Calgary and even worse in the Cup game. The Argo QBs were not the best in the league but they still lit up the Bomber secondary.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Barrington Wade is one name off our neg list I’m very happy to see us sign 

I didn’t say I would cut Rose. I said I wonder if they’ll consider getting younger. Darby is an option too. They’ve always got huge competition in camp for DBs, so you never know. 

But Darby plays SAM which to my knowledge requires a bit more experience and physicality to play than a corner. Still an option tho, you're right.

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Not quite good enough in the last two games. They were sloppy against Calgary and even worse in the Cup game. The Argo QBs were not the best in the league but they still lit up the Bomber secondary.

BC did basically nothing meaningful through the air - the score flattered them.

Toronto was 19 for 34 for 246 yards and no TDs

That is “lighting them up?” 

40 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Does anybody have any details about the time and location of training camp? I'd love to go first day if it's at the stadium.

They posted something on their socials earlier this week... Open to the public but can't confirm if stadium 

2 hours ago, CodyT said:

Man I love going to training camp. I'll make it to a few time slots. Nothing like the quiet stadium with the sun beaming down and watching the competition.

One of my favorite times of the year. So relaxing 

for nearly 15 years i took the first week of camp off(used to always be the first week of june) and just sat in the stands soaking it all in chatting with the old timers. miss it. sun was usually beaming down but there were some years where the weather was pretty gnarly! i remember one year it was actually sleeting lol

The Blue Bombers today announce the signing of American quarterbacks Cooper Callis and Josh Jones, American linebackers Christian Dixon and Barrington Wade, American defensive end Jadrian Taylor, and three 2023 CFL Draft choices; defensive lineman Tanner Schmekel (35th overall), running back Jonathan Rosery (62nd overall) and defensive lineman Collin Kornelson (44th overall).

On 2023-05-06 at 1:55 PM, Geebrr said:

BC did basically nothing meaningful through the air - the score flattered them.

Toronto was 19 for 34 for 246 yards and no TDs

That is “lighting them up?” 

yeah...was gonna say...what was he watching??!?!...and if you look at the whole ball of wax from week 1 thru to the cup...with all the secondary turnover...injuries...guys playing hurt....guys apparently "having lost it" we still gave up fewest passing TD's....least amount of yards per game...and lowest completion percentage...or qb rating...one of them I think...maybe both....so all this moaning and groaning about the secondary is almost laughable

We going into camp with a healthy Rose and BA...who I see training often and is killing it...Lawrence who I see as a potential West All-star...Darby from the get go...we all know Nichols is the best db in the league, and it's not even close....Houston back healthy and in the mix right out of the gate, and some solid second yr guys who will be in tough with some real good TC prospects...our backend is least of worries.

With Barrington now in the fold....and that Beckett...and the incumbents I am a bit more at ease now too with the linebackers which was my big concern...and the Dline has some nice rotational parts now to sift thru to ease the load on the Jeffs, and get us back to that lethal dline rotation....that was the biggest thing that hurt us last yr...we didnt have roster depth, or makeup to do that pretty much all yr...especially when we traded away Wilcotts and turfed Mack....said right from get go the Loss of Kongbo and Hansen at start of the yr was gonna hurt us big time and mare than loss of Adams..Harris..Lawler...even Stove....and it did

On 2023-05-07 at 10:01 AM, Jesse said:

Last Bomber to lead the league in sacks was Hunt in 2010.

A little disappointing..

Sometimes sack totals can be deceiving though. Sometimes a guy is high up in the stats because his defence is on the field way too much. Just saying...not always the case, but it does happen.

58 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Sometimes sack totals can be deceiving though. Sometimes a guy is high up in the stats because his defence is on the field way too much. Just saying...not always the case, but it does happen.

Or a guy is just going for his own stats like the sultan of sack his last few years/half his career.