Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

On 2023-05-08 at 10:54 AM, Mike said:

Could be a million things, even an opportunity to try him out and see if he can contribute as a special teams guy.

The one thing I really doubt is that it’s a legitimate chance to make the club as a receiver. 

Yup.

A proud dad moment no matter.

On 2023-05-09 at 9:25 PM, JCon said:

I'm hosting a meeting tomorrow at 9:30. I hope I can get to camp by 11. That's not likely, though. 

And you didn't host that meeting at IGF for reasons of?

Some fan you are.

39 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Could very well be, say there is 20 non counters that still leaves us at 90. We gotta be at 75 for camp so a good 15 guys are getting a plane ticket home after rookie camp.

Yea....and if he does make the team the media is going to make this a distraction imo. He would probably set a world record for tweets, questions, and analysis about a fringe STer. God forbid he gets a start or is promoted/demoted. It would be a media frenzy.

Shoot once we cut the punters/kickers not named legs or Castillo we are half way there! 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I am not in love with it - but it is ok. 

there's just no need for it.... and I still don't like the alternate kits they introduced last year. They're not HORRIBLE, but the ones we have are just so perfect, anything else is going to be a step down. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's just no need for it.... and I still don't like the alternate kits they introduced last year. They're not HORRIBLE, but the ones we have are just so perfect, anything else is going to be a step down. 

I dunno, the alternates were a mixed bag... the whole uni, sucked- but those jerseys... they are pretty nice.

Go with the helm, jersey and gold and white pants with blue trim and you got a ******* winner.

I like the big assed "W" on the front. Don't really care is that is the normal hockey jersey layout.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

NOTHING is better than what we currently wear as our full time home and away's.

Agreed, our home uniforms are the absolute best. You will hear no argument from on that.

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

NOTHING is better than what we currently wear as our full time home and away's........ the alternate kit is just tolerable. And the jerseys, in particular, are nothing special. 

We need to go back to the true whites without that blue shoulder color...those were sweet away unis

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

just scrolling through Twitter and one more from camp today that stood out: 

...and the next installment of Tait's Positional Reports: 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/05/11/positional-preview-8-quarterbacks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

good read on Abu....also wonder if Management picked Thiadric's brain about him...sounds like he could be this yr's Parker

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-rookie-abu-daramy-swaray-s-improbable-trip-to-nfl

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Happy that Bennett is looking solid. A Canadian rotating in at DE this year would be a huge help.

I wonder if Karamoko works his way in as an extra db and our second global. Would allow us to DI a DE and a LB.

Yes we never really replaced Kongbo last year, was definitely a hole that needed to be filled.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes we never really replaced Kongbo last year, was definitely a hole that needed to be filled.

Glaring hole....and be nice if Bennett can carry the load of 15 to 20 reps a game...seems legit enough....and opening that extra spot up DI wise would be huge...

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

I do think the alts were pretty horrible. 

There needs to be alternates, I guess. But I hate it.

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

With our wr depth it doesn’t much matter imo. We saw a few guys like whop last year have great camps and just have no room for them. The back up ni wr spot is more going to come down to how many pr spots we hold for it and if every one stays healthy. We don’t have a lot of bodies for ni wr, and are very top heavy in what we do have. 

he would be an extreme long shot to make the team as a wr... but what about the possibility of being a special teamer?... no one is unseating Janarion just yet but wasn't MOS Jr a dynamic returner in the BC jr league?