Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

50 minutes ago, holoman said:

Because, he's still on his rookie deal

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah he would have to stay on it..as it's a signed contract ..but I expect a restructure and extension...not huge money this yr but if he continues the success 2024 will be significantly higher

Sure. But I don't think the club will treat him that - they will restructure, as Booch suggests. I dislike the stuff that DT is tweeting, saying "the Bombers will gain 150-200K in additional value from Schoen's contract."

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Sure. But I don't think the club will treat him that - they will restructure, as Booch suggests. I dislike the stuff that DT is tweeting, saying "the Bombers will gain 150-200K in additional value from Schoen's contract."

I agree but won’t be surprised that is doesn’t happen until later in the year once the team has an idea of where they will finish under the cap, 6 game injured and such. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Schoen won't get anything extra unless he adds years to his deal.  Wouldn't be surprised if he got bumped up to the 110-120 range this year with a 2 year 500k extension or something like that with 50 percent guaranteed in 2025.

Not sure why the concept of a player being of more value than guys being paid much more than him is offensive.

30 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Schoen won't get anything extra unless he adds years to his deal.  Wouldn't be surprised if he got bumped up to the 110-120 range this year with a 2 year 500k extension or something like that with 50 percent guaranteed in 2025.

Not sure why the concept of a player being of more value than guys being paid much more than him is offensive.

That's what I think should happen. Just saying I don't think it's fair that the rookie of the year stays at mimimum salary.

10 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

That's what I think should happen. Just saying I don't think it's fair that the rookie of the year stays at mimimum salary.

Walters would be dumb to let him play this year at his rookie salary when he could get a contract extension. Less of a question of what is fair and more about what is smart IMO.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah he would have to stay on it..as it's a signed contract ..but I expect a restructure and extension...not huge money this yr but if he continues the success 2024 will be significantly higher

They might give him a chunk of bonus money up front to keep him happy. Especially if we haven’t used a lot of our bonus money this year. 
If we get him Re upped and extend his year for another two that’d be massive. 

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

The NFL can go ahead and let him slip through the cracks, their loss is our gain (both our team and our league). What a relief it will be to have him back for another season on such a bargain

yup...i hear ya