Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

why not?

CFL fans sure are down on their league.  Streveler is on a roster.

There are cfl qb's who made the NFL, started in the NFL, had success there, and one is in their hall of fame.

wierd.

Has nothing to do with talent. Starting qbs will basically only be draftees from here on forward. Teams want that big name kid. More political than anything. 

Can't find it now but I remember a photo of an awesome whiteboard in the Bomber dressing room with a game day weather forecast written on it.

it went something like:

Winds: 50km/h
Snow: 30cm
Temperature: -10 C
Forecast: WE DON'T CARE

wish I could find that.  searched on twitter but no love, Musk probably broke their search.

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Forgot how sh***y the Bombers looked for a good chunk of last year's Grey Cup (yes, the wind had a lot to do with it).

I have a very good feeling that won't happen this year.

wind really helped us too. I think the TiCats win that game if they had a punter who could punt into the wind even a little bit.  Those repeated nine yard punts he gave us were basically turnovers..

Edited by johnzo

20 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The Argos are yapping about how physical they are.

I’ve never heard any other team call them physical, conversely we get called it all the time. 

Reality check coming in 3 days 

Yeah let em yap. Bombers do their talking on the field. They don't need to brag about anything, everyone already knows.

17 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Can't find it now but I remember a photo of an awesome whiteboard in the Bomber dressing room with a game day weather forecast written on it.

it went something like:

IIRC that was during GC week 2019, or at least during the 2019 playoff run...... but I definitely remember what you're talking about. 

28 minutes ago, johnzo said:

it went something like:

wish I could find that.  searched on twitter but no love, Musk probably broke their search.

wind really helped us too. I think the TiCats win that game if they had a punter who could punt into the wind even a little bit.  Those repeated nine yard punts he gave us were basically turnovers..

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

Meh. If he can't make it, he can't make it.

Sometimes life happens.

No, WTH? That's not life. Life is battling cancer. Life is having a divorce. Life is losing a loved one. Life is watching your child graduate from high school. Life is walking your daughter down the aisle at her wedding. Life is holding your infant son for the very first time. That's life. Not a ******* workout for the Philadelphia Eagles. That's a business decision. The CFL gave him his shot so show some apprexiation to the league that got him those tryouts. 

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah let em yap. Bombers do their talking on the field. They don't need to brag about anything, everyone already knows.

The Ti cats yapped in 2019. Look what happened. Their qb threw a temper tantrum. Their receiver begged his coach not to give him the ball as much & by game time he was in jured crying on the bench. They got punched in the mouth. We do what we do. 

It does become physically and mentally exhausting knowing any time the ball is snapped, you’re going to get smacked around.

I remember a Steve Yzerman interview where he talked about playing against Chris Pronger, said by the 15th time you’re going into the corner against him, it becomes extremely imposing.

Different sport, but same analogy. Especially when it’s cold, and the turf is as hard as concrete.

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

It does become physically and mentally exhausting knowing any time the ball is snapped, you’re going to get smacked around.

I remember a Steve Yzerman interview where he talked about playing against Chris Pronger, said by the 15th time you’re going into the corner against him, it becomes extremely imposing.

Different sport, but same analogy. Especially when it’s cold, and the turf is as hard as concrete.

100% .  The cold weather amplifies this.   If we establish a run game early, it'll be there all game.   Likewise for the Ar-blows.  Stopping the run is going to be monumental.

on a side note:  Zach's confirmed starting leads me to believe that , letting Brown and Prukop take reps in practice,  OShea and Pierce might have a couple of trick plays for the Argos on tap.