Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

But it is a two-edged sword. Yes, more NFL hopefuls who did not catch on there may be tempted to come to the CFL, but it also means that NFL teams are more likely to raid the CFL for our stars.

It's not a raid if the players are pursuing those opportunities.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I’m sure it’s fine.

I strongly doubt it rivals major U.S. high school fields 

I can't say for sure but based on the interview I heard and the $10 million cost of construction and brand new turf it's better than anything we have that isn't IGF and I bet the turf is better. Sounds a lot like the high school field described in the Zach Collaros story.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

I can't say for sure but based on the interview I heard and the $10 million cost of construction and brand new turf it's better than anything we have that isn't IGF and I bet the turf is better. Sounds a lot like the high school field described in the Zach Collaros story.

There are high school fields in the US that hold 25,000 people

13 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Well saying it is better than high school stadiums in Winnipeg is a low bar.

Saying it has better turf than IGF’s 10 year old turf is also a low bar, the soccer fields next to IGF probably have better turf.

You said it rivals major high schools in the States…I strongly doubt it. 

Edited by Geebrr

Football is a way of life down south.   It's evident in high school through college through to the NFL.   Even people who are not interested in football, they go to the games because that's what everyone is doing.   When I was driving through the East coast of the United States, I was amazed at how many football fields there were with lights just for high school teams.   It's ridiculous how nice some of those venues are.

1 minute ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Football is a religion down south.   It's evident in high school through college through to the NFL.   Even people who are not interested in football, they go to the games because that's what everyone is doing.   When I was driving through the East coast of the United States, I was amazed at how many football fields there were with lights just for high school teams.   It's ridiculous how nice some of those venues are.

FIFY

The closer we get to this game the more I want the 3-peat, as if that was even possible.

2019 people loved the story of breaking the drought

2021 people kept on about the single point, ignoring the wind, ignoring all the amazing plays leading up to the victory 

2022 I’m almost sick to my stomach wanting this so bad.  The Dunigan years in the 90’s should have been a dynasty but the football gods left us bent over the barrel.

Bombers have defied streaks, curses, stats, injuries, refs, fate on the way to the top.  I don’t think a new dynasty is too much to ask or hope for!

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

sorry fellas, my bag of **** You's is still at least half full.... I have many many more to hand out. Life at the top of the mountain is very good...I have no interest in leaving the perch.

I dont think anyone has any b interest in vacating the top spot. I know I am not... 

Also, I prefer to sit atop the mountain look back at the climb to here and enjoy the view from here. I am not interested in flinging **** downwards. Lol

But yeah, 30 years of people laughing and pointing and "unfinished business part 11" and blah blah... yeah, I can see why lots of people have a bag of "**** yous" to hand out.

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Meh. If he can't make it, he can't make it.

Sometimes life happens.

Rourke will probably make a virtual appearance to accept the award if he wins.  From watching numerous interviews he seems like a humble individual and he has a great personality, the Americans are going to love him. Nothing fake about him.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

The fact that an Argo player is that unaware...and hasnt put in the work outside the white lines speaks volumes.. and why they are gonna lose

If that is their level of preparation it is pretty laughable. 

Focusing on ZC starting I get - but FFS I could tell you the back up on every team and how they play for the most part 

Just now, Geebrr said:

If that is their level of preparation it is pretty laughable. 

Focusing on ZC starting I get - but FFS I could tell you the back up on every team and how they play for the most part 

it's mind boggling to me that there are fans who are bigger fans of the league than some of the players. There really are guys just collecting a paycheque and do not give a **** about the league, its teams or players....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's mind boggling to me that there are fans who are bigger fans of the league than some of the players. There really are guys just collecting a paycheque and do not give a **** about the league, its teams or players....

Like I could write up a shitty scouting report on the backups let alone name them.