Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

If Zach wasn’t able to play, wouldn’t they handle it exactly as they are now?

If they wanted to play head games (knowing he was playing), why wouldn’t they have Zach in a boot limping, especially since he missed the first practice. 

I’m worried there’s more to the injury. Hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

If they wanted to play head games (knowing he was playing), why wouldn’t they have Zach in a boot limping, especially since he missed the first practice. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yff7ls3n9hftlca9tn

1 hour ago, Alpaca said:

Bombers are classy. They don't do head games. If they expect Zach to start he will start 

Looks like lots of snow there. Probably be lots of Brady. 

Heard that Nathan Rourke may not be at the CFL Awards to pick up his MOC Award that he'll probably win. Busy doing NFL workouts. Not a good look snubbing the awards if he misses them. Rourke should thank his lucky stars for the CFL if he gets his NFL shot because the NFL didn't think enough of him to get drafted. The CFL got him his shot & being grateful means showing up in front of his peers to accept the award to say thank you. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Heard that Nathan Rourke may not be at the CFL Awards to pick up his MOC Award that he'll probably win. Busy doing NFL workouts. Not a good look snubbing the awards if he misses them. Rourke should thank his lucky stars for the CFL if he gets his NFL shot because the NFL didn't think enough of him to get drafted. The CFL got him his shot & being grateful means showing up in front of his peers to accept the award to say thank you. 

Meh. If he can't make it, he can't make it.

Sometimes life happens.

9 hours ago, Alpaca said:

If he wasn’t able to play he wouldn’t have been standing and walking for the west trophy presentation. He wouldn’t have stood there and been interviewed and he wouldn’t have been walking off the plane, with no struggle no less. 

mafia don’t play head games. They just don’t disclose much. 

57 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Meh. If he can't make it, he can't make it.

Sometimes life happens.

Until Sunday he would have still had to have this week booked for the grey cup. I agree it's a bad look to skip out. I mean it's dumb that the leaguenis going to give an award to a guy for half a year but he should be there to accept it.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Until Sunday he would have still had to have this week booked for the grey cup. I agree it's a bad look to skip out. I mean it's dumb that the leaguenis going to give an award to a guy for half a year but he should be there to accept it.

I disagree. It's a great look for the CFL. The most outstanding Canadian is being assessed by 20 NFL teams.  I like the CFL game much better but the reality is that almost every guy in our league has dreamed of being in the NFL since they were a kid. To see a reminder that this league can make it possible is great marketing.

13 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Not just any field. Apparently Liebel field is a premier minor football facility. Brand new turf installed this year, video screen and score board from Taylor Field. Interview I heard today suggested it would rival some of the major US high school stadiums. 

I’m sure it’s fine.

I strongly doubt it rivals major U.S. high school fields 

Definitely looks bad not at least making an effort to accept the award....To me it looks like Rourke is being pushed....pushing himself way too quickly...I think he's setting himself up for a fail down there ...At his age he should have at least put in another year with the leo's....That could still happen but his haste in departing the CFL might be a mistake....Good on him if he makes it right off the top in the states but that isn't a given.....We'll see

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Definitely looks bad not at least making an effort to accept the award....To me it looks like Rourke is being pushed....pushing himself way too quickly...I think he's setting himself up for a fail down there ...At his age he should have at least put in another year with the leo's....That could still happen but his haste in departing the CFL might be a mistake....Good on him if he makes it right off the top in the states but that isn't a given.....We'll see

Completely disagree. He may only ever play 1 more down of football. He has the opportunity (slim as it may be) to provide generational wealthy for his family. There's no guarantee of success next year in the CFL. There is a guarantee of at least a dozen NFL teams having interest right now. You don't deny yourself that opportunity for any reason. It would be absolutely idiotic of him to say "no thanks, I'm going to go risk my health for a couple hundred thousand instead of potentially making millions." 

I dont think he will ever be a NFL starter or even a backup...but like I said, he'd be absolutely dumb to turn down the opportunity to try and become one.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont think he will ever be a NFL starter or even a backup...

So with that in mind what's the rush.....AND you don't snub the guys who gave you a start....that is bull$hit and leaves the guy in a  very bad light,,,nfl teams also look at character and that sure isn't building one

17 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

He was a stud at Ol’ Miss. 

Mr. Irrelevant (drafted with the very last pick) by Denver in the NFL Draft. Got in a tussle at a bar and his NFL career was over.

So that's why I never made it in the NFL...

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Bombers are classy. They don't do head games. If they expect Zach to start he will start 

Looks like lots of snow there. Probably be lots of Brady. 

Mike O'Shea doesn't do head games...? 

Keanu Reeves GIF

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So with that in mind what's the rush.....AND you don't snub the guys who gave you a start....that is bull$hit and leaves the guy in a  very bad light,,,nfl teams also look at character and that sure isn't building one

There's no guarantees in football. His next snap in the CFL could be his last. There's also no loyalty. If he sucks next year you think BC is going to hold on to him because they're loyal? You think anyone in BCs management team is saying he should drop the NFL because BC gave him an opportunity? 

When it comes to the amount of wealth he has an chance to make, you take it. It is quite literally once in a lifetime. That's the rush. He may never get another NFL look again but you think he should ignore them so he can look like he's a nice guy? Lol. This is business. Not summer camp.

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Completely disagree. He may only ever play 1 more down of football. He has the opportunity (slim as it may be) to provide generational wealthy for his family. There's no guarantee of success next year in the CFL. There is a guarantee of at least a dozen NFL teams having interest right now. You don't deny yourself that opportunity for any reason. It would be absolutely idiotic of him to say "no thanks, I'm going to go risk my health for a couple hundred thousand instead of potentially making millions." 

I dont think he will ever be a NFL starter or even a backup...but like I said, he'd be absolutely dumb to turn down the opportunity to try and become one.

When they come calling you gotta take your shot. No doubt about it. Rourke could end up being Jon Jennings after another year in the CFL for all we know. If he legitimately wants to take a shot at the NFL, now is the time to do it. He is 24, he has many, many years to fall back on the CFL if necessary. NFL interest in him is unlikely to ever be as high as it is right now....good luck Mr. Rourke.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I’m sure it’s fine.

I strongly doubt it rivals major U.S. high school fields 

Not a chance. Not major ones anyway. Those aren't fields down there....they are stadiums. I was in Texas about 15 years ago on a football coaching conference and toured a few of the high school stadiums. They had 10000 seats some of them. Now they have stadiums like Eagle Stadium in Allen Texas that seat 20k+ and would rival many CFL stadiums. 

Edited by GCn20

55 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Sports are a funny thing. You would think after two championships in a row, a fan (me) would be satisfied and be able to look at the prospect of losing more pragmatically. Wrong. It's amazing how winning never gets old.

Same. If we don’t win our unthinkable third in a row, I will be so disappointed lol. Got greedy these days.

but my attitude stems from the fact that if we lost, “we beat ourselves” because we are undoubtedly the best team in the league.

I can remember after 2019 that there were a number of people on here, days, if not weeks after we won saying that they were happy for awhile and were not concerned if we won the next year (I wasn’t one of them).

I feel like a lot of those same people are stressing over our third in a row. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't want to go back to the days when we can't just talk nonstop **** about other teams. We took so much crap from the chuckleheads in other fanbases it is very liberating being able to throw it all back at them and I don't really feel like getting off this high horse 

Yup, same same. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't want to go back to the days when we can't just talk nonstop **** about other teams. We took so much crap from the chuckleheads in other fanbases it is very liberating being able to throw it all back at them and I don't really feel like getting off this high horse 

Nah, I am done shitting needlessly on lesser teams... 

Back to back Grey Cups, what is it 30 wins and 4 losses in 2 seasons, speaks volumes.

2 hours ago, bludan said:

I disagree. It's a great look for the CFL. The most outstanding Canadian is being assessed by 20 NFL teams.  I like the CFL game much better but the reality is that almost every guy in our league has dreamed of being in the NFL since they were a kid. To see a reminder that this league can make it possible is great marketing.

But it is a two-edged sword. Yes, more NFL hopefuls who did not catch on there may be tempted to come to the CFL, but it also means that NFL teams are more likely to raid the CFL for our stars.