West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Great game to be at. I remember wondering if we'd ever win another cup and now we're going for three in a row.

Amazing. What a time to be a Bomber fan. I have a 5 year old daughter and after every game this year she's been asking "Did they threepeat?" Hopefully I'll get to see that with her next Sunday!

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

BC is building something good. Getting this far and losing won’t be a bad thing for them, they’ll be able to build on it.

The thing is they’ve been able to throw around crazy money each off season for the past several years. This year either they lose rourke or they have to cut back serious salary. They paid him 87k this year. Gonna take atleast 400k more to keep him. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

The thing is they’ve been able to throw around crazy money each off season for the past several years. This year either they lose rourke or they have to cut back serious salary. They paid him 87k this year. Gonna take atleast 400k more to keep him. 

I firmly believe between his film, and his play this season despite the injury, he’ll at least get an NFL look.

Could be one like Bo where they tell them where they want him (backup, third string, etc.) and he can decide from there. But a very good point.

6 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I firmly believe between his film, and his play this season despite the injury, he’ll at least get an NFL look.

Could be one like Bo where they tell them where they want him (backup, third string, etc.) and he can decide from there. But a very good point.

I thought so pre come back too. Idk now honestly it’s going to all pend a physical. No nfl team is gonna give him an invite with out knowing he will be 100%. 
 If he does go honestly that’s worse we saw how they look with vaj and co and it’s not a contender in the west. They can’t go out and sign say a Masoli because they will have to keep that money free if he gets cut. And not to mention despite a lot of qb motion coming up it’s just second and third tier guys swapping places. No mop will be available. 

he is an nfl talent though and should get a shot when healthy. Idk if that will be 2023 or 2024 now. 

I expect they will try to retain vaj or maybe get fajardo instead. Not much difference imo. But some one who could start if needed and that they can cut to save money or possibly trade.
 Personally I think we beat tor next week and mbt gets pulled. They (tor) get blm in the off season and mbt goes to ssk, or maybe edm for top dollar. 

Edited by wbbfan

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Speaking of BLM, very excited to see him on the TSN panel this week. He’s a fantastic TV personality.

Hell ya. I hope he goes into media instead of coaching. I love the guy in the booth. I’d hate him as a coach. 
 I wish we could get rid of suitor or even send him to the panel and have blm in his place doing the games. 

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Eh Rourke being upset is ok with me.  All the media hype made him like some kind of maple leaf superhero.  Ok that he knows things don’t come easy and that he cares - makes him human and a young kid.

That said… BC SUCKS!! BC SUCKS!!! LET’S EFFING GOOOOO!!!!!

I'm not gonna lie...I liked it. Lol. But you're right, that just means he really wanted it and you cant fault him for that. And yeah the media, especially 3down was WAY overhyped him...JC Abbott literally called him the "Superman of the CFL" lol.

I was singing na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye since the opening kick off. All game long.

I never really had any doubt although my buddies were telling me to shut up when it got a tad dicey in the 4th.

I think the argos are a tougher team to play against. Winnipeg has had some trouble against eastern teams ( relatively speaking, folks. Sure hope legs gets his **** together though. Punted pretty well. Can't be missing xps.

Sure seemed like the fix was In against us today although I won't actually entertain that conspiracy

Collaros had a forgettable game too. Almost threw a couple ints early and eventually he did. I came in thinking our offense was going to win the game and turns out or d was dominant. Nice to see them firing on all cylinders. Great game for our secondary 

Great job on the crowd. Loud and engaged. Cost the lions like 20 seconds at the end of the game. Not sure if anyone caught that but it seemed to me like Rourke couldn't get the play out to the rest of the O. 

1-0 WON more time lol

Edited by CodyT

11 minutes ago, kschach said:

Fun math fact -- the Lions had every possible score in CFL football today -- 1, 2, 3, and 6.

On another note, who was the Bomber that got cheapshotted on the crack back block on the final play (by Chungh I think?). I hope he's okay!

Strevelite

Malike Clements was the Bomber who got hit at the end. Was pretty dirty imo. 

15 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I was singing na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye since the opening kick off. All game long.

I never really had any doubt although my buddies were telling me to shut up when it got a tad dicey in the 4th.

I think the argos are a tougher team to play against. Winnipeg has had some trouble against eastern teams ( relatively speaking, folks. Sure hope legs gets his **** together though. Punted pretty well. Can't be missing xps.

Sure seemed like the fix was In against us today although I won't actually entertain that conspiracy

Collaros had a forgettable game too. Almost threw a couple ints early and eventually he did. I came in thinking our offense was going to win the game and turns out or d was dominant. Nice to see them firing on all cylinders. Great game for our secondary 

Great job on the crowd. Loud and engaged. Cost the lions like 20 seconds at the end of the game. Not sure if anyone caught that but it seemed to me like Rourke couldn't get the play out to the rest of the O. 

1-0 WON more time lol

Collaros had a pretty bad game.... benefitted from guys dropping multiple reasonably catchable ints.

That being said.... when you put 180 yards on the ground you don't need your QB to do all that much.

12 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Malike Clements was the Bomber who got hit at the end. Was pretty dirty imo. 

watched the highlights and yeah what a dirt bag play. 

BC was taking a lot of shots after the whistle early. Fake tough team doesn't know how to play tough within the rules.