Week 11 Non Back to Back Champions Games

Geebrr

10 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I gather fajardo’s knee was real good and he was explosive. The replays show he has this neat move where he tries to cork screw himself into the turf. 

Fajardo throws off balance a lot. Sure he gets rushed but throwing a pass when his body's momentum is already carrying him to the left affects his accuracy. The ball just sails. Like aiming & shooting a rifle when running sideways. You won't hit anything.

Fajardo's playing scared. He's becoming Drew Willy in his last 2 years in Winnipeg. Thirty two sacks is making him, Just. Plain. Scared. #shellshocked

Yeah...the Fajardo panics immediately...never throws from a set position...or rarely and every throw over 15 yards is a literal heave with all his might...and yes definately now in his head he's lost it ala Willy

If Dicklesson had any sensibility he'd be using and starting...whoever to start the transition now...and use Faj as his short yardage guy...and what a pricey albatross that is now....but he does have a brace...so there is that lol

This game marks the end of Fajardo's career as a starter, even if he leads the Riders out onto the field again. The Riders would have a hard time coming out of the East even if they make the crossover with this quarterbacking, but the Riders have few options. Fine is already better than Fajardo but does not look like a premier pivot. If it wasn't for Morrow's running and good kick returns, the Riders would have been even more embarrassed.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This game marks the end of Fajardo's career as a starter, even if he leads the Riders out onto the field again. The Riders would have a hard time coming out of the East even if they make the crossover with this quarterbacking, but the Riders have few options. Fine is already better than Fajardo but does not look like a premier pivot. If it wasn't for Morrow's running and good kick returns, the Riders would have been even more embarrassed.

As much as we've made fun of the East this season, I'm pretty convinced there wont be a cross over.

All of the Rider wins have been against the East and Edmonton. The majority of their remaining games are against us, BC, and Calgary. 

The East will gain wins against each other and keep the Riders out.

I just watched both games back to back...

I still can't fathom why Caleb Evans has started the last two games?  Arbuckle has shown that he can run a normal offense successfully and you keep trotting out a QB who can only run and has shown zero progress on his subpar passing from last season.    Unbelievable.     Also it was amazing watching the Ottawa defense come out and quit in the 2nd half.  

The panel including Milt were saying "FIRE THE COACH" ,  I can't see LaPo lasting any longer.  He's done and maybe he'll find work as a scout or something someday.  Who is going to hire him as an OC or coach again?  My prediction... Jason Maas HC of the RedBlacks in 2023.  

Litre the RB from the elks reminds me of Josh Ranek,  guy is gritty and grinds for extra yards.

For the 2nd game I never thought I'd see the day where Glenn Suitor gave up on Fajardo.   I can't see how that fan base will tolerate any more bad starts from the guy.   The knee brace excuse isn't cutting it, the dude can't throw for ****.   It's laughable at how bad he is,  Fine isn't anything great at all but at least he can drop back and physically throw a 50/50 ball to the receiver.   

Marino trying to headshot Lucky was dirty... good on the panel for calling him out on that weak interview that he did earlier this week.   Marino is going to get run out of this league this year.  

Absolutely sucks that Rourke is hurt, that looked bad.  The guy was going to be the MOP and was becoming a superstar that this league needs.   Hopefully the injury isn't long term,  O Connor looked stone-foot and I can't imagine him doing well against an aggressive blitz.   

37 minutes ago, Jesse said:

As much as we've made fun of the East this season, I'm pretty convinced there wont be a cross over.

All of the Rider wins have been against the East and Edmonton. The majority of their remaining games are against us, BC, and Calgary. 

The East will gain wins against each other and keep the Riders out.

Yeah Sask only has one home game vs Edmonton and one road game vs Hamilton...otherwise the rest of their final 8 games are vs BC, Bombers or Calgary.

I think they need 3 wins to have a hope of the crossover.  Edmonton needs to win 5 of 8...they might be the more likely candidate for a crossover, they have 3 games remaining vs East teams all at home, game at Sask, home and home with Calgary, at Winnipeg, home vs BC 2nd last week of season.

So Kid Canada got nic'd..hmmmm.... Seems riders have a habit of putting out quarterbacks.....I watched the hit Rourke took and it looked more like he had his leg twisted awkwardly and all of his weight was put on his ankle....Could be just tendons torn orrrrr a break...???As for the rest of the game Faj proved once and for all he's not a starter........Fine didn't look great either so do the green knuckle heads go looking for a credible guy behind centre ...I think they better start soon ...the year is slippin away ...heh heh

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I just watched both games back to back...

I still can't fathom why Caleb Evans has started the last two games?  Arbuckle has shown that he can run a normal offense successfully and you keep trotting out a QB who can only run and has shown zero progress on his subpar passing from last season.    Unbelievable.     Also it was amazing watching the Ottawa defense come out and quit in the 2nd half.  

The panel including Milt were saying "FIRE THE COACH" ,  I can't see LaPo lasting any longer.  He's done and maybe he'll find work as a scout or something someday.  Who is going to hire him as an OC or coach again?  My prediction... Jason Maas HC of the RedBlacks in 2023.  

Litre the RB from the elks reminds me of Josh Ranek,  guy is gritty and grinds for extra yards.

For the 2nd game I never thought I'd see the day where Glenn Suitor gave up on Fajardo.   I can't see how that fan base will tolerate any more bad starts from the guy.   The knee brace excuse isn't cutting it, the dude can't throw for ****.   It's laughable at how bad he is,  Fine isn't anything great at all but at least he can drop back and physically throw a 50/50 ball to the receiver.   

Marino trying to headshot Lucky was dirty... good on the panel for calling him out on that weak interview that he did earlier this week.   Marino is going to get run out of this league this year.  

Absolutely sucks that Rourke is hurt, that looked bad.  The guy was going to be the MOP and was becoming a superstar that this league needs.   Hopefully the injury isn't long term,  O Connor looked stone-foot and I can't imagine him doing well against an aggressive blitz.   

Our high school program could use a receivers coach.  Not sure I'd let Lapo near the QB's.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

9 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I gather fajardo’s knee was real good and he was explosive. The replays show he has this neat move where he tries to cork screw himself into the turf. 

is the Faj era over?

hope not, I enjoy watching him bumbling around out there, all boyish and enthused, and such.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

can't see LaPo lasting any longe

three year contract, and  still paying desjardins so I read this a.m.

keep fans coming, or save money on contracts problem.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

is the Faj era over?

hope not, I enjoy watching him bumbling around out there, all boyish and enthused, and such.

That would be fun watching the greenies be all high on Colby Fadardo and **** the bed for a few more seasons. That knee brace did seem to help him spin. It looked Savardian!