Pre-Season Game 2 - Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Tuesday May 31

Rich

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What this game showed me is that we really need to consider bringing in a veteran qb who can actually give us a chance to win if Collaros goes down. Not folding our  our tent & going home as the season is finished. With Brown & Prukop the season would be over. 

Kyle Walters has shown a knack for doing just that, if I recall correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

It’s not Hate. It’s disappointment. 7 of 12 for 215 yards. He did improve over last game. 

Ultimately, the game showed that one played a little better than the other but we have no insurance if Collaros gets........ shhhhh! Don't even say it. Neither of those 2 can win us a game in the regular season or playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What this game showed me is that we really need to consider bringing in a veteran qb who can actually give us a chance to win if Collaros goes down. Not folding our  our tent & going home as the season is finished. With Brown & Prukop the season would be over. 

These guys you want don't exist. 

Only one really and it's Streveler.  There are no good veteran backups anymore 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That’s who Prukop is, lol

There are guys out there. Not every qb is a rookie. They have to find someone. Elks have at least 2 qbs who may help. There's the USFL. There are free agent qbs out there.

Name 1 not named streveler 

There aren't guys.  Hey Edmonton QBs looked good last week vs vanilla D... what have they proven. You said you want a veteran backup. There isn't any. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Name 1 not named streveler 

There aren't guys.  Hey Edmonton QBs looked good last week vs vanilla D... what have they proven. You said you want a veteran backup. There isn't any. 

God, you're so damned smug. My name isn't Danny McManus. That's his job to know & not mine. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

God, you're so damned smug. My name isn't Danny McManus. That's his job to know & not mine. 

Lol. How? You want a veteran backup? And you throwing out usfl qbs (my phone autocorreted that to useless) 

They don't have cfl experience.  

There are guys out there. Not every qb is a rookie. They have to find someone. Elks have at least 2 qbs who may help. There's the USFL. There are free agent qbs out there.

The only  real veteran backup who has been a starter with that level pedigree is Harris. And one who has some experience that looks like a starter, Jake Maier.

The Elks QB's are questionable if they will be starter level

Only other options floating around are Matty Ice or Streveler. 

I saw a lot from Dru Brown that made me think he could step in and take over if Zach went down (God forbid and knock on wood) but I agree that the type of guy Iso wants doesn't exist. I have full faith in whatever The Trinity decides. They've earned that trust. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Lol. How? You want a veteran backup? And you throwing out usfl qbs (my phone autocorreted that to useless) 

They don't have cfl experience.  

Sure, just give up because you say so. 

3 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

The only  real veteran backup who has been a starter with that level pedigree is Harris. And one who has some experience that looks like a starter, Jake Maier.

The Elks QB's are questionable if they will be starter level

Only other options floating around are Matty Ice or Streveler. 

Between the NFL hoarding qbs, the USFL & the XFL starting up it is hard to find good young qbs. Makes me worry about the future of the CFL at that position. 

The only negatives I saw on Brown was the sacks that he took. 

Prukop seemed to run first look for pass second and earlier in the game he underthrew a few balls similar to last week.   He is LeFevour 2.0  who can run for his life and occasionally make a deep ball. 

Lots of decision to make following the game. QB being the biggest one. I'm thinking that right now Brown may have the inside track on being the #2, and Prukop #3/short yardage guy. Pretty much impossible to make any firm decisions when they have only practiced 8 times, and are playing with a full backup Oline,  and against defenders who likely won't be around come the regular season.

Didn't mind the 2nd American RB that played, and Borsa sure looks like he can play.