Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

16 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I wasnt as impressed with him as most seem to be, but it seems like he would be an important backup.

I agree, I think he will top out around Chris Normand or Kienan LaFrance talentwise, a solid plugger but not a star, but would end up back home with the Riders eventually anyways.

Edited by Fatty Liver

9 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I wasnt as impressed with him as most seem to be, but it seems like he would be an important backup.

That makes sense. We can retain his rights now.

If he chooses to go back to school.  They noted that Adamson is going back but didn't have the same comment for Borsa.

54 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Schoen makes the club.  A bit surprised Harrison is the only WR to be on the PR... Maybe the other guys weren't willing to accept a PR spot.

Ellingson, Bailey, Woli, Demski, Grant, McKnight, Schoen, BOL. 

I think it just comes down to numbers. Tarvaris Harrison makes 9

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

What would Borsa do here?

The same thing Augustine and Oliviera have?  We've had 3 Canadian backs the past two seasons.  It's not like it would be a stretch to roster him.  I'm sure he could be coached into a pretty strong special teamer.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The same thing Augustine and Oliviera have?  We've had 3 Canadian backs the past two seasons.  It's not like it would be a stretch to roster him.  I'm sure he could be coached into a pretty strong special teamer.

They kept the American RB/Returner, right? It's as simple as Borsa for McRae, I would think. I'm wondering if Borsa just didn't accept a PR spot, because he knows he's got an offer elsewhere (Riders for sure would want him) 

A bit surprised and disappointed to see borsa gone. Hell get snapped up fast. Maybe by Toronto. 

also surprised Lofton made the cut. 

All 3 qbs stay with none on the pr. I’m sure with the ir some shuffling is still to be had. 

guess the secondary will be glass Rutledge nichols rose and Taylor. With Hallets and Thompson at s. Maybe ford or Houston as dime.

Kind of disappointed that McKnight made it over some of the young wrs but not surprised. 

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

A bit surprised and disappointed to see borsa gone. Hell get snapped up fast. Maybe by Toronto. 

also surprised Lofton made the cut. 

All 3 qbs stay with none on the pr. I’m sure with the ir some shuffling is still to be had. 

guess the secondary will be glass Rutledge nichols rose and Taylor. With Hallets and Thompson at s. Maybe ford or Houston as dime.

Kind of disappointed that McKnight made it over some of the young wrs but not surprised. 

Would have cut McKnight and kept Blake Johnson but that’s just me. Im sure management and the coaching staff have their reasons. 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

There's 6 DB positions. DBs are generally better special teams players. A lot of our DBs are nationals (and will play ST) as well. Makes sense to me.

Many fans still consider the SLB to be a linebacker, even though he covers more and has the body of a DB.

Well ..with Leggio getting chance to do all 3...allows us that extra skilled player DI...so can see either McRae or an additional receiver on the roster...keeping Harrison and Agudosi over the rest lends me to believe they want that tall big bodied guy to go up and get the ball with the hash mark alignment..and makes total sense

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I look forward to the collaros Ellingson  connection.

I've got my fingers crossed that Ellingson isn't going to be our latest "Vet Receiver Who Didn't Pan Out/Was A Bust".... I feel like he won't replace Lawler, but he'll at least replace Adams. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've got my fingers crossed that Ellingson isn't going to be our latest "Vet Receiver Who Didn't Pan Out/Was A Bust".... I feel like he won't replace Lawler, but he'll at least replace Adams. 

If he plays 18 games hes a lock for 1000+ yards IMO. 687 yards in 10 games on that horrid Elks team last year is outstanding 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think he's been a receiver who was able to get open, and not  many drops.  

Guess we will see, but yeah, not going to replace lawler.

Edited by Mark F

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

McKnight has had opportunities but, IMO, has not shown much, so his presence is a bit of puzzler.

Every year we have that guy. Some one mos / the mafia love over more talented guys. Some times it works out some times it doesnt. At this point as long as he isn’t ahead of schoen It’s just the usual.