2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Meredith was released last season. I don't think they'll try to sign him. 

Thanks, yes he was released, but there was some hype when he came on the scene last year. After his release there was a comment or two, that he may be an option in 22, as he possessed playing time as a NFL receiver for the Bears & Saints, I believe. Further, he is/was a resident here in Winnipeg last year, today I don't know. This is why I added his name along with the other receivers in my response above, showing that the team is ready when needed to move forward or change.

But overall, I believe the Cdn Mafia knows their team. So, when it comes time to move forward in certain situations, making those not so popular decisions, they will or do. As probably is the case here, now...  leaving you and I to debate, lol....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Last year he was still recovering from a torn ACL, he did participate in TC but he was not 100% recovered  yet so they had no choice but to release him.  If he's still living in the neighbourhood I wouldn't be surprised to see him invited to  camp again if he is healthy and still pursuing football.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

FIFO has nothing to do with getting paid. It has nothing to do with believing you are worth an amount. Anyone who would say that has no idea what it means.

If anyone on this board thinks FIFO applies to Harris that is trash, and quite frankly, infuriating.

Harris never had to come here, he certainly never had to re-sign here, and he should not be thrown aside disrespectfully. 

That guy gave everything he had and did everything he could to win. 

Some people on this board are lacking the appropriate level of respect for an all time great Bomber and CFLer.

FIFO is crude in this case, and perhaps a little disrespectful, but fits the situation too. He can join this team only under very specific conditions, or he no longer fits in our plans.

As to not needing to come here, we overpaid him to sign with us like we did any other FA in those days and continued to make him the highest paid RB in the league all these years. He never gave us a discount and I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that he’s not planning on giving us one now.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

FIFO has nothing to do with getting paid. It has nothing to do with believing you are worth an amount. Anyone who would say that has no idea what it means.

If anyone on this board thinks FIFO applies to Harris that is trash, and quite frankly, infuriating.

Harris never had to come here, he certainly never had to re-sign here, and he should not be thrown aside disrespectfully. 

That guy gave everything he had and did everything he could to win. 

Some people on this board are lacking the appropriate level of respect for an all time great Bomber and CFLer.

There are reports he came to camp out of shape and clashed with coaches last year. I didn't want to be the guy bringing that up but you wanted to cry about the FIFO usage. If these rumors are true then FIFO does apply to Harris. Sorry, but not sorry.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

There are reports he came to camp out of shape and clashed with coaches last year. I didn't want to be the guy bringing that up but you wanted to cry about the FIFO usage. If these rumors are true then FIFO does apply to Harris. Sorry, but not sorry.

I do not remember reading that.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It was injury related. They hoped he would be healthy to come back at some point but didn't seem to happen. 

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I do not remember reading that.

Not at all. 0 chance that if some thing like that happened that it'd get out of the room. But also no way Harris came in out of shape and sassy. 

I don't know what did or didn't happen, but I hate the speculation around a guy who is directly responsible for our first GC in nearly 30 years.... 

He deserves better than a bunch of bullshit being spouted around here. This isn't just some random player from the states. This is a local legend who gave everything for our entertainment. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It was injury related. They hoped he would be healthy to come back at some point but didn't seem to happen. 

Not at all. 0 chance that if some thing like that happened that it'd get out of the room. But also no way Harris came in out of shape and sassy. 

Definitely felt like there was some tension when Harris was being held out and he felt he was good to go. Don't know I'd call that clashing with the coaches though... I would expect every athlete to be itching to get back asap.

All I'll say is I was a fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before Andrew Harris was here and I'll be a fan after he's gone.  

He's replaceable. Really he's 35 years old... at this point if it's Lawler plus streveler for example vs Harris Lawler and McGuire. Yeah.. the choice is obvious.  Think his cash might be better spent elsewhere.  He did miss a significant portion of the past year where we dominated without him 

Edited by Goalie

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

All I'll say is I was a fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before Andrew Harris was here and I'll be a fan after he's gone.  

He's replaceable. Really he's 35 years old... at this point if it's Lawler plus streveler for example vs Harris Lawler and McGuire. Yeah.. the choice is obvious.  Think his cash might be better spent elsewhere.  He did miss a significant portion of the past year where we dominated without him 

It's crazy to say but we're better off letting Harris walk and going with Brady and then signing someone like Stove and Lawler. Both guys are gonna get paid and I'd rather pay guys who are in their prime than overpay someone who's at the end. The divorce will be very painful but you have to do what's best for the team.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

There were reports this week about it. He came to camp unprepared and the coaches felt this is what contributed to his injury situation. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Definitely felt like there was some tension when Harris was being held out and he felt he was good to go. Don't know I'd call that clashing with the coaches though... I would expect every athlete to be itching to get back asap.

That was the report this week that Harris was not happy with decisions on his injury.

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

FIFO is crude in this case, and perhaps a little disrespectful, but fits the situation too. He can join this team only under very specific conditions, or he no longer fits in our plans.

As to not needing to come here, we overpaid him to sign with us like we did any other FA in those days and continued to make him the highest paid RB in the league all these years. He never gave us a discount and I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that he’s not planning on giving us one now.

It isn't crude to use it, it is flat out wrong. It applies when you have signed on. You don't get it. 

He earned every ******* cent he got from us and more. I don't regret one ******* penny, no it wasn't an "overpay". It goes way beyond stats and he earned it even just off stats.

That guy (literally) carried the flag for our team and our city and put that pride in the locker room. He is an all time clutch performer who only gets better in big moments. 

He is/was the face of the team and a true leader off and on the field. If he leaves it is a gigantic hole. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't know what did or didn't happen, but I hate the speculation around a guy who is directly responsible for our first GC in nearly 30 years.... 

He deserves better than a bunch of bullshit being spouted around here. This isn't just some random player from the states. This is a local legend who gave everything for our entertainment. 

One of the greatest Manitoban athletes of all time. 

10 hours ago, GCn20 said:

There were reports this week about it. He came to camp unprepared and the coaches felt this is what contributed to his injury situation. 

That was the report this week that Harris was not happy with decisions on his injury.

By reports you mean the 2 sentences by Farhan lionguy the bomber hater who was driving the same alleged wedge with collaros and the Bombers. The same guy guaranteeing the xfl merger last year with the loss of all Canadian rules etc. The same guy who repeatedly accuses us of cheating any time we sign any one. 

Even despite all that his allegations don't sound like the mafia at all. And if he had such a good connection with the bomber brass or some one behind them then he'd a had a lot more breaking bomber news. Like the trade dead line or player signings. The leaks he delivers comes from agents an hour or 2 before it's ratified with the league. 

“Coming out of the lost COVID season. Harris was admittedly distracted and his preparation wasn’t necessarily as all in as it needed to be,” Lalji alleged. “That led to some frustration in the building and there’s a belief that it also may have contributed to his injuries that forced him to miss a large portion of last season.”

I wouldn't take this guys word on any thing other than what the Lions owner or xfl managers had for breakfast. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Well Harris was the first one in and now it’s looking like he’s the first one out ;) 

Jake Thomas laughs nervously. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Well Harris was the first one in and now it’s looking like he’s the first one out ;) 

Jake Thomas laughs nervously. 

Edited by wbbfan

Yeah these "reports" need to be taken with grain of salt..and unless I hear something from within...or a management/coach type says anything in media...or alludes to it I tend to disregard it....Harris when on field never takes it took a play off...ever..and players followed his example and fed off his fire.

My take...and what I expecting is Harris is back on a crazy deal...Oliviera is also back on a par for the course second contract for a spot starter and stove is back too...he gets a bump but people thinking he gets this crazy bump are...well crazy...his next deal if he does what he does will be crazy

To do this I see odd man out being Darby and Taylor...and quite possibly Adams if he not happy with a bargain deal...fly in ointment is Lawler...not sure what's up there...but if he walks...expect Adams and aDarby back...Also Mike Jones is a given..