2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Can't see Winnipeg, BC, Calgary offering Duke 300k. Doesn't seem likely that Hamilton did. So Ottawa? (Maybe nut unlikely). Toronto (maybe), Edmonton? Seems like this was bs.

I don't know any player that would've been worth 300k outside of a QB. WJ during his DPOTY season would've been the closest.

Edited by Nolby

So while I am also curious what is going on with Brady O, been thinking about Andrew Harris. Is it possible that no other team gives him a big $ offer and he returns to Winnipeg on a reduced deal? Calgary has Carey, Edmonton has Wilder, Hamilton Jackson, Montreal has Stanback, Ottawa has Powell. Will any of BC, Toronto or Saskatchewan make a big offer?

14 hours ago, Booch said:

I call bs on the 300k thing...that's a bit of a stretch and exaggerated number...who would offer that...like really? And yeah...260k for a slow...bad character wideout who didn't impress at all last yr is an overlay..if u think it isn't you are nuts

I mean, Chris Jones is back in the CFL. He already lost out on guys like Willie Jefferson and Masoli so he has money to spend. 

Yeah...but 300k on a reciever is just dumb....and that rumour was prob just Duke spitting out a number...he took the highest dumb offer...and used the "best chance to win a Cup" thing as his reasoning...who would believe a guy who has a rep as and arse..and denied 2 instances of douchery last yr? Like really?

They will have a hard time securing 3rd this yr...they lost some key pieces..tho they couldn't get it done...And I don't see them finding 3 olineman to replace their garbage...plus a good d tackle...linebacker ..starting calibre running back...2 solid db's and quality Canadian depth that will be better than last yr...ain't happening...and if they do land Moncreif...it won't be in the cheap...he will go to highest bidder...he has shown that already.

Cgy...wpg...have already basically solidified their opening day core...with returning top notch guys...BC is gonna be no pushover if they spend smart on defense in free agency and u can't ignore Slimy Jones in Edmonton...they had peices there last yr...they just did a mutiny and quit...west gonna be interesting

I can only see 2 possible ways for it to be worth paying a wr qb money. 

1 a Ricky Williams type situation. Some one whose an NFL star. Maybe a once in a generation situation. 

2 you have hands down the best wr a league star who is in the nfl Window age and Canadian. Right now I dont think the league has a star wr in that elite tier. 

If Lawler was an ni I wouldn't see him as worth 300k a year under this cap. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I am actually surpirsed with Oliveria. Did the club chose him over JA? Is he asking for too much $? Am I just panicking?

Well he did out perform him so it's a possibility?  Also he doesn't have a large injury on his resume (AFAIK). 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...but 300k on a reciever is just dumb....and that rumour was prob just Duke spitting out a number...he took the highest dumb offer...and used the "best chance to win a Cup" thing as his reasoning...who would believe a guy who has a rep as and arse..and denied 2 instances of douchery last yr? Like really?

They will have a hard time securing 3rd this yr...they lost some key pieces..tho they couldn't get it done...And I don't see them finding 3 olineman to replace their garbage...plus a good d tackle...linebacker ..starting calibre running back...2 solid db's and quality Canadian depth that will be better than last yr...ain't happening...and if they do land Moncreif...it won't be in the cheap...he will go to highest bidder...he has shown that already.

Cgy...wpg...have already basically solidified their opening day core...with returning top notch guys...BC is gonna be no pushover if they spend smart on defense in free agency and u can't ignore Slimy Jones in Edmonton...they had peices there last yr...they just did a mutiny and quit...west gonna be interesting

Call me a cynic, but somehow I do not think that the salary cap is even a passing concern to Jones.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Things have been quiet this weekend from the Bombers with no new signings. I thought we'd be wrapping up signing one or two more core veterans. But nothing....

Once the fall out with Lawler happens, think the others will happen right after...It's been quiet the past couple days, after JA27 signed...

Also wondering if we are in the Moncreif play...him or Darby kinda thing with maybe back in T.O?

I could see Moncreif here..he looks at that defense with the Jeff's...Biggie and Wilson..BA...the DBs...and could put up some serious stats and have legit chance at cup...like to rag on Riders..but they have a legit chance of not making playoffs then making it right now as things stand

More i dissect things I think with BA prob out first 3rd of season he will be a easy resign as his money will be off the books.

I think we bring in either Darby or Moncreif for SAM...and Maston plays safety until BA back...he can do the same big hitting role...and he is a high 4.4's mid 4.5's speed guy..and is a true corner like BA was...and he prob woulda played last yr if it was a full 18 game sched...was practicing and I Seen him training and he looked just fine.

Mike Jones will peg in...expect him back..he may have had off season surgery too..so may lessen his cap hit a wee bit...

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

Also wondering if we are in the Moncreif play...him or Darby kinda thing with maybe back in T.O?

I could see Moncreif here..he looks at that defense with the Jeff's...Biggie and Wilson..BA...the DBs...and could put up some serious stats and have legit chance at cup...like to rag on Riders..but they have a legit chance of not making playoffs then making it right now as things stand

They've literally done nothing that opens my eye lids,they signed Duke but gave him a horrendous amount of cash. BC has now put Sask in the basement as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

More i dissect things I think with BA prob out first 3rd of season he will be a easy resign as his money will be off the books.

I think we bring in either Darby or Moncreif for SAM...and Maston plays safety until BA back...he can do the same big hitting role...and he is a high 4.4's mid 4.5's speed guy..and is a true corner like BA was...and he prob woulda played last yr if it was a full 18 game sched...was practicing and I Seen him training and he looked just fine.

Mike Jones will peg in...expect him back..he may have had off season surgery too..so may lessen his cap hit a wee bit...

What’s going on with Nick Taylor, do you think he sticks around?