2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Would hate to see him in Green but it would be amusing watching every single gapper trying to delete all the trash they've talked about Harris & PED's over the last 18 months.

You know as soon as he signs there that they'd be all over that. He's going to retire in rider green,he hates Winnipeg,he's finally on his dream team blah blah blah

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Harris is the best RB in Bomber history. He deserves another contract. That being said if the reports are true that he came in out of shape last year and not ready to play then he needs to consider that as well. I am sure the Bombers have asked him to take a cut, maybe not officially, but certainly unofficially. If Harris wants to be a Bomber I am sure he can be. The ball is in his court but by all accounts the big payday here is gone for him, and it sure sounds like this was at least partially his own doing. I wish him well if he wants to chase the pay day and I am sure Lapo has 20 touches a game reserved for him in Ottawa. We will be fine without him. FIFO.

Charlie Roberts.

43 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is the PTSD from other regimes speaking. I know...my mind goes there as well from time to time. But this isn't Andrews team. It's Oshea's and Walters off the field. On the Field it's Bighills and Collaros'. What did Andrew provide last year that the other backs didn't? Honestly?

I agree with the first half but disagree with the second half.

Healthy Harris was still our best back. But moving forward health and salary cap % are going to take away some of that value.

55 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am not throwing shade on Charlie Roberts, but Andrew Harris showed up in the playoffs and that's the difference to me.

I get the resentment people have, but andrew harris has had an all time top tier OL. Maybe it isnt a clear no1, but certainly no other line has ever been clearly better. Blink played behind a lot of Olines that were pure garbage. I also dont see people taking that shot at milt stegall or khari jones. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get the resentment people have, but andrew harris has had an all time top tier OL. Maybe it isnt a clear no1, but certainly no other line has ever been clearly better. Blink played behind a lot of Olines that were pure garbage. I also dont see people taking that shot at milt stegall or khari jones. 

They didn't get hammered the night before the Grey Cup. Also, the OL that Charlie had for most of his time as a Bomber was top notch as well.

Just now, GCn20 said:

They didn't get hammered the night before the Grey Cup. Also, the OL that Charlie had for most of his time as a Bomber was top notch as well.

Thats true, but neither of them put up andrew harris level clutch play off performances. 

It wasnt top notch. It was good, twice. And bad the rest of the time. His off the charts quickness made some very bad Ols look better than they were. And most of those years our OL was getting exposed over and over again in pass pro. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats true, but neither of them put up andrew harris level clutch play off performances. 

It wasnt top notch. It was good, twice. And bad the rest of the time. His off the charts quickness made some very bad Ols look better than they were. And most of those years our OL was getting exposed over and over again in pass pro. 

Not true. Our defence was BRUTAL from 2004-2006 but we finished with very good offensive numbers and scoring in each of those years. Just didn't translate into wins because we were getting scored on so much. 2001-2003 our offence was elite. Khari took a lot of big shots in 04'and'05 but that had more to do with his penchant for hanging onto the ball too long to make a play because our defence was surrendering 30 pts a game.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

Not true. Our defence was BRUTAL from 2004-2006 but we finished with very good offensive numbers and scoring in each of those years. Just didn't translate into wins because we were getting scored on so much. 2001-2003 our offence was elite.

It is. The OL we had at the dawn of the khari era was already old. Guys like moe elewonibi played for a couple years after the wheels fell off. In 03 it was average to good. 04-06 that OL was one of the worst we ran out in the past 30 some years. Our offense continued to work because khari and glenn were mobile and got rid of the ball in a hurry. 07 it gets better but is average at best 08 it was worse. 

@gcn20 Look at the names sheridan, mudge, krenbrink, jermese jones, gyetvai, elewonibi,  orlando bobo, benedict ibisi, scott harper, andrew carter, goodspeed, parenteau, ryan bachman, corey annett, mike abou-mechrek, val st germain, dom picard, obby khan, garrick jones, belton johnson, kyle koch, paul archer, alexandre gauthier, andrew greene, matt o'meara, bobby singh, ryan donnelly, and darryl conrad.

Mudge was the first guy gone from that list and is probably the best OL. Point out the Hall of fame worth guys and guys who should've won most outstanding linemen. The point out which of those guys would've cracked our roster in the past couple years. 

The only guy on that list who would be that good was garrick jones. And he was here part of a year iirc then in the NFL. 80% of that list wouldnt make it as TCF. You'd have to take the best of those guys at their best to make a top notch OL. That list has a decent chunk of solid - good while here OL, But even when the line was good they over achieved as a unit with some great coaching. 

Just now, Noeller said:

this could go in either thread, but The Stove might be headed west......

I feel like BC has learned nothing from the Reilly contract. But it's just my suspicion. That said if a DL single handled dismantled my OL I would probably go after him hard too. 

Funny to see BC trying to buy a DL now, after spending 3 dollars in macdonalds coupons on it last year. But they did the same thing with their secondary last year and it didnt work out great either. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like BC has learned nothing from the Reilly contract. But it's just my suspicion. That said if a DL single handled dismantled my OL I would probably go after him hard too. 

Funny to see BC trying to buy a DL now, after spending 3 dollars in macdonalds coupons on it last year. But they did the same thing with their secondary last year and it didnt work out great either. 

They are paying their starting quarterback 71K this year. It opens up so much flexibility in your roster where you can over spend to get a bunch of guys in.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

They are paying their starting quarterback 71K this year. It opens up so much flexibility in your roster where you can over spend to get a bunch of guys in.

Thats true, its not that they dont have the money, it's that they are going to create the exact same situation they were in. Trying to win the offseason and make the splashy moves rather than fill all the roster holes.