2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

17 minutes ago, Nolby said:

He's got all the skills 100% but I know Demski isn't a burner like Tyreek. Tyreek can run all these crazy routes you're not use to seeing because his speed gives him that talent. I'd also love to see Grant in as a receiver,he's fast,shifty and like a Whitehead that someone pointed out.

He also has a qb who can make throws a lot of qbs can't. The New Way.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

They’ve released/are moving on from a lot of their higher paid players. They have tons of room and there aren’t too many more high end options to spend it on.

I’m not suggesting it’s going to happen. But they definitely have the cap room and Harris isn’t going to refuse to sign for any team based on rivalries.

Not sure other than Johnson who the higher priced players are? Gainey and Purify weren't that top dollarish more than any other teams vet DBs...they overplayed for PED Leonard...Duke is grossly over payed...Shaq Evans is prob up there as it was a higher contract for WR's before and doubt he took a pay cut...I sure Edam and Marshal got bumps...and they gonna have to pay large in free agency if they wanna fix online and slime .as well as linebacker....they aren't sitting on buckets of cash by any means

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I 100% agree but maybe the tides are turning.

Lawler obviously worked out. Bailey showed growth even with the year off, and maybe McKnight can show similarly in year 2. 

Receivers always come out in year 2 or 3, so maybe we finally have a little pipeline happening. 

True. Looking forward to Bailey in year 3 a LOT but he’s basically the only receiver these guys have to their credit. 

Just now, Mike said:

True. Looking forward to Bailey in year 3 a LOT but he’s basically the only receiver these guys have to their credit. 

I am definitely taking a lot on faith that has been optimistically influenced by the last two seasons.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not sure other than Johnson who the higher priced players are? Gainey and Purify weren't that top dollarish more than any other teams vet DBs...they overplayed for PED Leonard...Duke is grossly over payed...Shaq Evans is prob up there as it was a higher contract for WR's before and doubt he took a pay cut...I sure Edam and Marshal got bumps...and they gonna have to pay large in free agency if they wanna fix online and slime .as well as linebacker....they aren't sitting on buckets of cash by any means

I am sure Gainey and Purifoy were well paid.

They're paying more than 100k less for their QB than we are, they might have over paid for Leonard but he's one guy. If we have the room to sign all of the + contracts that we've given out, they have plenty of room to fill out their roster because their aren't a whole lot of big contracts that I can see.

Now - are there any difference makers left for them to blow their wad on is the question. They seem to think they're signing Moncrief back.

I love it around here in the off season. Our guys sign for less than they were reportedly offered and it's what a great guy, he loves it here. Other teams sign a player for less than they were reportedly offered and it's Ha Ha Ha, they were never offered that and they are overpaid at what they're getting.

Edited by TBURGESS

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yeah I mean after all, we’ve had such great success bringing in receivers. 

I will never say anything negative about Walters’ body of overall work, but this regime has proven by now that they can’t find receivers to save their life.

Noticed how much better Lawler and Bailey looked once they removed the real issue with the receivers.....  

Kind of hard to judge a receiver when the ball is 5 yards short and out of reach for them. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I am definitely taking a lot on faith that has been optimistically influenced by the last two seasons.

I am sure Gainey and Purifoy were well paid.

They're paying more than 100k less for their QB than we are, they might have over paid for Leonard but he's one guy. If we have the room to sign all of the + contracts that we've given out, they have plenty of room to fill out their roster because their aren't a whole lot of big contracts that I can see.

Now - are there any difference makers left for them to blow their wad on is the question. They seem to think they're signing Moncrief back.

Moncrief is currently in Regina, and I do know there’s mutual interest, the Riders almost had him this season but he chose $ and signed with the Elks. Moncrief is who I’d be most confident in signing.

Edited by greenrider55

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't care what anyone says, no one comes back the same as before after a torn achilles. Thirty years ago it was a career ender. So, yeah, medicine has come a long way for sure.

We are at the beginning of this hopefully becomming less of a serious injury. An injury that puts you on the shelf for 6-8 months instead of a year is still a serious injury.

One guy having a speedy recovery is a pretty small sample size. A torn knee ligament like Adrian Peterson had is still a serious injury, and just because he came back super fast doesn't make it the norm.

8 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I said the closest thing to Hill in the league, and I feel Demski is the only guy with the combo of footwork/speed. 

4.56 40 time to 4.29 for tyreek. Not to bash demski as I think he is a jack of all trades and a great cfl canadian player. 

But to mention those 2 guys even in the same  breath is wild

Id say brandon banks was a better comparison but even that is wowie

Edited by CodyT

25 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Lol @ peoole comparing demski to Tyrrell Hill. I've seen a lot of stretches on this website and that one is near the top 

Tyreke is one of one. There is no one in the world that compares to him as a combo of pure speed, quickness, route running, catching ability. There is a reason why many NFL teams have drafted busts trying to get the next Tyreke. I know it is a stretch but if i was to compare Demski to someone in the NFL it would be Deebo Samuel. thick but fast. Canmake guys miss but also be a physical runner. 

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

No way the bombers lose both AH and Brady Oliveira, correct?

3 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Tyreke is one of one. There is no one in the world that compares to him as a combo of pure speed, quickness, route running, catching ability. There is a reason why many NFL teams have drafted busts trying to get the next Tyreke. I know it is a stretch but if i was to compare Demski to someone in the NFL it would be Deebo Samuel. thick but fast. Canmake guys miss but also be a physical runner. 

No way the bombers lose both AH and Brady Oliveira, correct?

Good call on Deebo, makes much more sense. Mostly was just trying to say Demski has a unique skill set that makes him so valuable.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

I said the closest thing to Hill in the league, and I feel Demski is the only guy with the combo of footwork/speed. 

Pre injury banks and lucky white head. 

Demski is most like hines ward. Faster than his 40 tremendous blocker and did more than any one else away from the ball under rated ability to gain yards after the catch. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I love it around here in the off season. Our guys sign for less than they were reportedly offered and it's what a great guy, he loves it here. Other teams sign a player for less than they were reportedly offered and it's Ha Ha Ha, they were never offered that and they are overpaid at what they're getting.

I call bs on the 300k thing...that's a bit of a stretch and exaggerated number...who would offer that...like really? And yeah...260k for a slow...bad character wideout who didn't impress at all last yr is an overlay..if u think it isn't you are nuts

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I call bs on the 300k thing...that's a bit of a stretch and exaggerated number...who would offer that...like really? And yeah...260k for a slow...bad character wideout who didn't impress at all last yr is an overlay..if u think it isn't you are nuts

Yeah I don’t buy that either. I’m sure he took zero discount to go back to Saskatchewan. No one was going to offer him more then that I can pretty much guarantee.