Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

Saskatchewan's entire thing for several seasons now is that they win games they oughtn't with talent that oughtn't win games. I mean, ****, they are 24-8 with Fajardo starting.  A .750 win percentage is up in Bo Levi territory.

Given the recent history between the two sides I feel good about our chances but the Riders are a team that defies all reason, a vortex of green madness and insanity with demonically good luck, they seem to get a lot of breaks...makes me just a bit nervous.

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Saskatchewan's entire thing for several seasons now is that they win games they oughtn't with talent that oughtn't win games. I mean, ****, they are 24-8 with Fajardo starting.  A .750 win percentage is up in Bo Levi territory.

Given the recent history between the two sides I feel good about our chances but the Riders are a team that defies all reason, a vortex of green madness and insanity with demonically good luck, they seem to get a lot of breaks...makes me just a bit nervous.

No kidding - since when does Parades miss 3 field goals? 

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

You want us to throw beer cans at opposing teams and leave manure on the lawn of players?

As opposed to throwing beer cans at players at Grey Cup games, snowballs at opposing team benches at countless playoff games, jumping on the field and attacking opposing players, trying to tear down a broadcast tent on the field, getting in fights with police officers in the stands…..

We have good fans overall, but let’s not get all self-righteous and pretend that we don’t have a small bad element as well that has historically done some stupid juvenile stuff, just like every fan base does.  

59 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

As opposed to throwing beer cans at players at Grey Cup games, snowballs at opposing team benches at countless playoff games, jumping on the field and attacking opposing players, trying to tear down a broadcast tent on the field, getting in fights with police officers in the stands…..

We have good fans overall, but let’s not get all self-righteous and pretend that we don’t have a small bad element as well that has historically done some stupid juvenile stuff, just like every fan base does.  

That was a low point. Who was that Lion, Carl Kidd? 

That wasted moron who stumbled on to the field and got a proper and well earned ass kicking + life long ban has to live with that for life.

I was at that game.

He went after Eric Carter.

18 minutes ago, BattleLevel said:

That was a low point. Who was that Lion, Carl Kidd? 

Carl Kidd stomped on him about 20 times defending Eric Carter.

Rightfully So.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've always wondered how they enforce those life long bans, especially when they don't check ID to get in to the stadium. Not in a way that would identify anyone who has been banned anyway.

Good question. It is possible since tickets have to be purchased with credit card that they could flag the guy on Ticketmaster. And if someone transferred tickets to him then the name would come up since an e-mail link is required. But it might be more old school with a picture and scanning the cameras all around the stadium. Every single seat is being watched for any trouble during the games. If he showed up he could be charged with trespass if they found him. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've always wondered how they enforce those life long bans, especially when they don't check ID to get in to the stadium. Not in a way that would identify anyone who has been banned anyway.

Yeah who knows, right? 

Anyway, let's focus on this beat down coming for Sunday rather than **** that happened 20 -30 years ago.

Your favourite and mine, Jamie Nye.......

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/02/weekly-predictor-betting-tiger-cats/

Saskatchewan at Winnipeg
Sunday, 4:00 p.m. ET

What kind of team will we see come out as they’ve lost two-straight coming into the playoffs? Although, in fairness to the Bombers, they rested a few key contributors along the way.

I wanted to find recent examples of teams this dominate and so I went back to the 2014 Calgary Stampeders, who clinched first on October 18th and played five weeks later in the Western Final. They absolutely CRUSHED Edmonton in that game.

The one thing I fear if I’m the Bombers is if the Roughriders can punch them in the mouth early after an emotional overtime thrill ride against the Stampeders. The last half of that football game was the Cody Fajardo show as he ran and threw his way into the Western Final, leading the Roughriders back on a key fourth quarter drive to take the lead before Calgary tied it up.

I’d like to note Fajardo also threw a game-winning pass in overtime that if Kian Schaffer-Baker holds on to becomes a monster moment in both guy’s careers.

Now, you also have a Riders defence that have been absolutely lights out in the second half of the season, with pass rushers that are right up there with Willie Jefferson and Jackson Jeffcoat. In fact, A.C. Leonard and Jonathan Woodard had more sacks than the Bombers All-Star trio.

Those All-Star nods did make the Riders feel disrespected so if they want to prove they deserved the All-Stars themselves, they better outperform the Bombers duo.

Now, here’s the difference in the game: offensive line and defensive line on both sides. There is no question the Bombers’ offensive line is better than Saskatchewan’s, while it may be a draw on the defensive side of the ball.

The Riders didn’t allow a sack last week after Cody Fajardo took the most sacks in the regular season and if the Riders can keep Cody clean again this week, I’m guessing they’re off to Hamilton. I loved how committed and successful they were with William Powell on the ground early against Calgary to slow down the Bombers but now Winnipeg will see it coming.

I’m picking the Riders to go up early, but not by enough to hold off the Bombers in the second half.

PICK: WINNIPEG

This is one of the things I fear too: The one thing I fear if I’m the Bombers is if the Roughriders can punch them in the mouth early after an emotional overtime thrill ride against the Stampeders. 

Another, is that the game is messy and close at the end, trusting Castillo to make one when we need it. Or, relying on special teams at all. 

Untimely turnovers is my last concern. 

I'm not really that concerned though. 

Edited by JCon