Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

What are the upgrades to the OL? The only change is Boko at RT over Jefferson which may be a downgrade imo. St John is the only backup which isn't great either.

Henry and Dabiere on the DL instead of Marino isn't stellar either, although Leonard is an improvement at one DE spot.

Dearborn as a starting linebacker isn't a huge upgrade either.

Stove at DT, Wilson at LB and Grant at returner over Nelson and Sergio kicking are all upgrades imo.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What are the upgrades to the OL? The only change is Boko at RT over Jefferson which may be a downgrade imo. St John is the only backup which isn't great either.

Henry and Dabiere on the DL instead of Marino isn't stellar either, although Leonard is an improvement at one DE spot.

Dearborn as a starting linebacker isn't a huge upgrade either.

Stove at DT, Wilson at LB and Grant at returner over Nelson and Sergio kicking are all upgrades imo.

I think Dearborn is injured.

Edited by Geebrr

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He was taken away for "breaching the peace".

He said it himself. 

He was detained for breaching the peace. There’s a very important difference.

Being detained for breaching the peace is legal speak for you’re being a pain in the ass and going to the drunk tank until you relax and we sort everything out.

Never once said he was detained for “questioning” or whatever, he obviously did something but he was never arrested and never charged.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

He was detained for breaching the peace. There’s a very important difference.

Being detained for breaching the peace is legal speak for you’re being a pain in the ass and going to the drunk tank until you relax and we sort everything out.

Never once said he was detained for “questioning” or whatever, he obviously did something but he was never arrested and never charged.

I don't want to belabour this. But "breaching the peace" is in the Criminal Code. If that is what was brought in for I would be shocked if he was not "arrested".

Being intoxicated in public is also in the Criminal Code. 

You can't just lock someone in a cell because they are being annoying.

Anyway...I hope he plays.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don't want to belabour this. But "breaching the peace" is in the Criminal Code. If that is what was brought in for I would be shocked if he was not "arrested".

Being intoxicated in public is also in the Criminal Code. 

You can't just lock someone in a cell because they are being annoying.

Anyway...I hope he plays.

All the media coverage says he was detained and then released the next day. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Just a random Sask person on Twitter but posting for the lolz.. 

OK, let’s see if we can apply the same logic here. Got them where we want them (in our home barn we we haven’t lost all year). Keep being justifiably confident in the top team in the league. A few notes to add for those grasping at any reason to shoot down the Bombers:

1) Bombers were dominant enough to give themselves a cushion to not have to play any meaningful games for the final month. 

2) Bombers find ways not to wind up in close games (10 wins by double digits) but also could win a close one if needed. 

3) Bombers starting o-line, d-line, secondary, and offence all got stronger as the year went on, and their kicking game also got better in their last 5 games. 

4) Bombers lost to only 3 teams all year. They also beat those same teams (unlike the Riders, who have yet to beat one of the teams they lost to twice - us), and two of the 3 teams we lost to are no longer threats to beat us again this year (again, unlike Sask, who have their biggest threat on the road this weekend). 

5) What Sask should be trying to avenge is the 3 goal line stands that were the difference, not a bad throw off a bar with the receiver in double coverage anyway that would have only at best tied the game. But we have waited two years to win again and prove that your crossbar excuse for losing is just that, an excuse, and not a valid argument that you had a chance in that 2019 game. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Arash is the last guy I would believe 

Are you referring to Arash Madani?

That's one individual & some others from (Big Smoke area code 416) I don't bother reading any or for that matter listening to their words of wisdom..

As far as Madani, in the past when I've heard or listened to him, its always negative about the CFL...  He's big on Toronto & sports connected to the States. 

7 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Are you referring to Arash Madani?

That's one individual & some others from (Big Smoke area code 416) I don't bother reading any or for that matter listening to their words of wisdom..

As far as Madani, in the past when I've heard or listened to him, its always negative about the CFL...  He's big on Toronto & sports connected to the States. 

He's a former "media relations" guy for the Bombers. He has a seething hatred for the CFL. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's a former "media relations" guy for the Bombers. He has a seething hatred for the CFL. 

Wow, thanks!!! Was not aware of that, interesting... 

I listen to Derek Taylor (DT SportsCage) every so often, Get my fill of Rider happens, besides Madini who guests on the show.. Once Madini comes on, its exit stage left... 

Read that clownboy's Twitter bio. STH since 2013 and organizational shareholder since 2017. If his history is any indication, he's a complete homer who lacks the ability to be objective or rational at all, seemingly already forgetting his team barely eeked out a win on Sunday on home turf.

And then he chirps the Ti-Cats:

Not a good look considering the Hangry Clown DB Drama right now.

We added Rose..Grant..Stove..Wilson and Castilla since we trounced them...they added Duke and Evans...which is irrelevant with that O-line and QB....

They still have a stunned and clueless HC who allows the inmates to run the asylum...and not in a good way...basically a rudderless ship of misfits and me first players....and yup I hope Purifoy plays as he will guaranteed be good for 1 to 2 bad penalties, and burned several times...status quo....same with Gainey and Marshall...why TSN, well basically Suitor trumps them up is baffling...I hear he is doing the eastern games this weekend?...Maybe TSN brass heard the wishes of fans and removed his ass from the Rider games, as it was getting nausiating