Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Even Jesus might give up on trying against Big Stan and da boyz.

Meh....same song and dance we heard about Cody Vaj's oblique last year. Dicky's lame attempts at mind games.

Ok...John Dutton...settle down and quit pretending that the bank doesn't own most of it. Once a farmer truly owns a 10 million dollar farm he sells it.

What the hell does farming have to do with the Western Final? I have family that are farmers in the Steinbach & Ashern/Moosehorn areas. I've never thought about if Sask has more farms than Manitoba. Like who cares? 

Long, long range weather (as of November 22): High -3, feels like -9. Wind 21. 

(as of November 24): High -11, feels like -18. Wind 26. 

(as of November 26): High -5, feels like -10. Wind 18, gusting 27.

(as of November 29): High -9, feels like -14, Wind 14, gusting 24. 

(as of December 1): High -7, feels like -12, Wind 20, gusting 30. 

(as of December 3): High -5, feels like -12, Wind 33, gusting 50.  This is interesting, the wind has picked up SIGNIFICANTLY, to the point that I don't even think the kicking game is going to matter. But, the high on Monday is -22, which tells me it's likely the temperature will get much colder prior to or during the game. The weather is definitely going to be a factor but we're still too far out to see what the full impact will be. It's going to be fun. 

Not sure where that forecast comes from but this dude is trustworthy:

https://www.aweathermoment.com/2021/12/03/snowy-weekend-ushers-winter-blast-into-southern-manitoba/

"The second phase of this system will be an arctic cold front that sweeps through the region Sunday afternoon into the evening. This front will support some flurries as it moves through as breezy northerly winds shift to the northwest. Temperatures will hover around -6 or -7 on Sunday, but for those planning on attending the football game, note that wind chills will be closer to -15 and it’ll be a brisk wind that develops later in the afternoon."

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Not sure where that forecast comes from but this dude is trustworthy:

https://www.aweathermoment.com/2021/12/03/snowy-weekend-ushers-winter-blast-into-southern-manitoba/

"The second phase of this system will be an arctic cold front that sweeps through the region Sunday afternoon into the evening. This front will support some flurries as it moves through as breezy northerly winds shift to the northwest. Temperatures will hover around -6 or -7 on Sunday, but for those planning on attending the football game, note that wind chills will be closer to -15 and it’ll be a brisk wind that develops later in the afternoon."

Mine is from The Weather Network. That forecast is consistent and confirms my suspicions that the game is going to be colder and get much colder.  

Edited by JCon

Whatever...dress for the worst and it'll be fine. Manitoba has more ice fishing and snowmobiling people than anywhere else, I'd bet, so they're prepared with the necessary gear! Wife and I paid for an extra suitcase on our flight just for our ice fishing bibs, boots and parkas. Bring the weather...couldn't care less. 

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Whatever...dress for the worst and it'll be fine. Manitoba has more ice fishing and snowmobiling people than anywhere else, I'd bet, so they're prepared with the necessary gear! Wife and I paid for an extra suitcase on our flight just for our ice fishing bibs, boots and parkas. Bring the weather...couldn't care less. 

It's Winterpeg Manitscoldout... people known how to dress for the weather. Just put some winter clothes on and enjoy the game.

13 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Oh man RF.com is hilarious. They are trying to think of the last time a team beat another team 3 times in the same year…. All they have to do is look at the Bombers schedule where we beat the Elks 3 times in 4 weeks! 🤣

Are they talking about sweeping or just beating a team thrice?... b/c I'm pretty sure Montreal beat Ottawa three times this year too.

Anyone going to the pre-game festivities in the tailgating area? 

NEW TAILGATE AREA ACTIVATIONS!

OUR PRE-GAME TAILGATE AT THE PLAZA WILL OPEN TO ALL FANS AT 1:30 PM

In addition to the usual Fall tailgate area additions of fire pits and warming huts, fans will also be able to enjoy rum and eggnog or Caribou while partaking in traditional Voyageur games lead by members of the Festival du Voyageur team.

For those with a sweet tooth, the FIRST 500 FANS will be able to enjoy maple syrup taffy in the tailgate area. The FIRST 20,000 FANS through the gates will also receive rally towels.

Buzz and Boomer are also bringing Santa to the West Division final and as his unofficial elves, they will be giving out gifts to some lucky children at the game until Santa’s bag is empty. Fans can stop by gate 2 to take photos with Santa.

-------

Closed practice today. I wonder what the report will say about those that are "nicked up" on both teams? :35_thinking:

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Long, long range weather (as of November 22): High -3, feels like -9. Wind 21. 

(as of November 24): High -11, feels like -18. Wind 26. 

(as of November 26): High -5, feels like -10. Wind 18, gusting 27.

(as of November 29): High -9, feels like -14, Wind 14, gusting 24. 

(as of December 1): High -7, feels like -12, Wind 20, gusting 30. 

(as of December 3): High -5, feels like -12, Wind 33, gusting 50.  This is interesting, the wind has picked up SIGNIFICANTLY, to the point that I don't even think the kicking game is going to matter. But, the high on Monday is -22, which tells me it's likely the temperature will get much colder prior to or during the game. The weather is definitely going to be a factor but we're still too far out to see what the full impact will be. It's going to be fun. 

In December? In Winnipeg? Wow didn't see that coming. 🙂

I'm having flashbacks of Chris Walby's bare arms and rosy cheeks playing in weather like this while mentioning how glad we have Bob Cameron who is the best kicker kicking into the wind.

Go Blue!

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Anyone going to the pre-game festivities in the tailgating area? 

NEW TAILGATE AREA ACTIVATIONS!

OUR PRE-GAME TAILGATE AT THE PLAZA WILL OPEN TO ALL FANS AT 1:30 PM

In addition to the usual Fall tailgate area additions of fire pits and warming huts, fans will also be able to enjoy rum and eggnog or Caribou while partaking in traditional Voyageur games lead by members of the Festival du Voyageur team.

For those with a sweet tooth, the FIRST 500 FANS will be able to enjoy maple syrup taffy in the tailgate area. The FIRST 20,000 FANS through the gates will also receive rally towels.

Buzz and Boomer are also bringing Santa to the West Division final and as his unofficial elves, they will be giving out gifts to some lucky children at the game until Santa’s bag is empty. Fans can stop by gate 2 to take photos with Santa.

-------

Closed practice today. I wonder what the report will say about those that are "nicked up" on both teams? :35_thinking:

I thought yesterday was closed, today is open and Saturday is closed. 

Personally, I wish it was -20, with light winds. That would be ideal playoff weather for this game, IMO. 

With the wind, it's gone from long john weather to ski pant weather. Layers. 

It's going to be a party. I can't wait. 

Two more sleeps! 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I thought yesterday was closed, today is open and Saturday is closed. 

Oh, shoot, you're right!! Yay, practice updates! Friday just got better. 

The temperature for the 2011 East Final was -14 @ kickoff with low wind.

I did not dress properly as I was in my 20s and thought style was more important than function. It was bloody cold, and no wind really (apparently anyway, could have fooled me). 

I am not making that mistake again. The last thing I need today is some glove liners. 

Convinced my buddy to get tickets and have stressed that this is not the fashion aware summer Rum Hut times. Wear what you gotta wear to stay warm. 

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

In December? In Winnipeg? Wow didn't see that coming. 🙂

I'm having flashbacks of Chris Walby's bare arms and rosy cheeks playing in weather like this while mentioning how glad we have Bob Cameron who is the best kicker kicking into the wind.

Go Blue!

Willie J already said it is no sleeves for him.

The cold is a nuisance but manageable with the proper attire. Big thing is the feet. Wear winter boots, don’t make your feet too tight in your footwear with too many layers. A good old time trick was sock, plastic bag, sock to keep your sweat in, but keep your feet moving and move around at the half. Also, styrofoam between your feet and the cold concrete floor works. 

My concern game-wise is the increasing threat of snowfall. Now up to 80%. Bad weather is a great equalizer for a weaker team. This is where a healthy Andrew Harris would make a huge difference if it turns into a run game battle. 

If you ever stood at the corner of Portage and Main when the wind is howling and it's 40 below, you get to know what the meaning of cold is...I used to work down there , I swear I don't know how we used to survive it but we did...I'm going to date myself now cuz it was back in the sixties and the girls used to wear mini-skirts...I wore everything you could to keep out the cold but those gals just stood there.....legs beet red from the howler, and they just kept on  truckin'...There was no underground at the corner in those days so you just waited out the light (which took forever) and froze...We are some tough cookies in this province...and I know we still are and us hearty souls will turn out to cheer the best team in the country

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The cold is a nuisance but manageable with the proper attire. Big thing is the feet. Wear winter boots, don’t make your feet too tight in your footwear with too many layers. A good old time trick was sock, plastic bag, sock to keep your sweat in, but keep your feet moving and move around at the half. Also, styrofoam between your feet and the cold concrete floor works. 

My concern game-wise is the increasing threat of snowfall. Now up to 80%. Bad weather is a great equalizer for a weaker team. This is where a healthy Andrew Harris would make a huge difference if it turns into a run game battle. 

But again, those in the know on Riders.com, say #33 will be & is a non-factor for this game.

Agree with your comment, snowy weather can definitely be a factor or a equalizer, but I believe this Bomber team is built for these situations. 

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

If you ever stood at the corner of Portage and Main when the wind is howling and it's 40 below, you get to know what the meaning of cold is...I used to work down there , I swear I don't know how we used to survive it but we did...I'm going to date myself now cuz it was back in the sixties and the girls used to wear mini-skirts...I wore everything you could to keep out the cold but those gals just stood there.....legs beet red from the howler, and they just kept on  truckin'...There was no underground at the corner in those days so you just waited out the light (which took forever) and froze...We are some tough cookies in this province...and I know we still are and us hearty souls will turn out to cheer the best team in the country

That is why MOS has said "we are a different breed here" when asked about dealing with weather.

We still got work to do even if it is cold.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Got a feeling the wind will mostly affect those in the east side upper deck. At least for me being in the north east corner that wind will be right in our face.

I wouldn't put much stock in wind direction it changes by the day.