CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

I feel for Lucky...great guy and wanna see him do well...too bad he was misused here...and I blame the Lapo system for that...

Speaking of which...highest scoring team in league..top QB...top reciever...combine Harris and Brady and right at top in rushing...pretty sure least turnovers...do we miss Lapo...nope...

Kudos to Buck ..and you can see the offence is still morphing into what it can be

1 hour ago, Booch said:

That's basically ruderfans treatment of opposing fans....personal attacks...name calling...general juvenile behaviours right out of that gate if u post there...so it's funny u feel the need to come here and accuse other sites of what RDfans has cornered the market on....I read there daily for the humourous..baseless and for most part just plain comical nonsense posted with nothing to back it other than the thought that the Riders are awesome and the be all end all...it is truly funny...yet in the same breath kinda sad

It'd help a lot if any rider fans here or on social media would admit that they have just the most toxic fan base. 

They live soo deep in the cognitive dissonance the ones we get pretend to be Ned Flanders to over compensate and when faced with the reality they scream miss treatment despite being "nice".

I've had soo many great dealings with fans of all kinds of football. Even with fans in one of the more heated college rivalry game. The worst stuff I've seen from fans in football have all been rider fans. 

It's like the worst new York Yankees fans but for a team with bottom tier success. They don't seem to understand that going into other teams forums and fbs when they do it to troll on social media and are soo toxic leaves people expecting the worst.

We get 1 fan from the argos kicking around here and more rarely one from bc. It isnt the norm that forums have a bunch of fans from other teams on their site. But every forum has 20x more rider fans then all the other teams fans. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It'd help a lot if any rider fans here or on social media would admit that they have just the most toxic fan base. 

They live soo deep in the cognitive dissonance the ones we get pretend to be Ned Flanders to over compensate and when faced with the reality they scream miss treatment despite being "nice".

I've had soo many great dealings with fans of all kinds of football. Even with fans in one of the more heated college rivalry game. The worst stuff I've seen from fans in football have all been rider fans. 

It's like the worst new York Yankees fans but for a team with bottom tier success. They don't seem to understand that going into other teams forums and fbs when they do it to troll on social media and are soo toxic leaves people expecting the worst.

We get 1 fan from the argos kicking around here and more rarely one from bc. It isnt the norm that forums have a bunch of fans from other teams on their site. But every forum has 20x more rider fans then all the other teams fans. 

They actually believe that they are special as fans and that everyone should be grateful for their presence. 

Here is the reality... I am very indifferent to the riders as a team, but their fans are just the worst thing going and it makes me want to see their team lose and lose badly every week just to shut them up. Never has their been a fan base of a team that has accomplished to little be so arrogant.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I feel for Lucky...great guy and wanna see him do well...too bad he was misused here...and I blame the Lapo system for that...

Speaking of which...highest scoring team in league..top QB...top reciever...combine Harris and Brady and right at top in rushing...pretty sure least turnovers...do we miss Lapo...nope...

Kudos to Buck ..and you can see the offence is still morphing into what it can be

I support any post that blames lapo for something.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They actually believe that they are special as fans and that everyone should be grateful for their presence. 

Here is the reality... I am very indifferent to the riders as a team, but their fans are just the worst thing going and it makes me want to see their team lose and lose badly every week just to shut them up. Never has their been a fan base of a team that has accomplished to little be so arrogant.

Truth. They can't win or lose with class. They have to try and win any poll or popularity contest to compensate. 

Just now, brett_c_b said:

I support any post that blames lapo for something.

Plop is the cause of global warming. 

51 minutes ago, do or die said:

No biggie LG.   We'll just call it a Lyle E. Style moment...

😄

Apologies again to this board. It was a sh**ty move I pulled. Won't happen again. Heat of the moment thing, but I know better. I promised myself I wouldn't do that this year .  Fail  

Enjoy your victory and the rest of the season.  

Stay safe  

Just now, lyin' guy said:

Apologies again to this board. It was a sh**ty move I pulled. Won't happen again. Heat of the moment thing, but I know better. I promised myself I wouldn't do that this year .  Fail  

Stay safe  

All is forgiven. Next time you feel like venting just go punch a hooker. That would be a step up from visiting RiderFans.

3 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Stay safe  

Yeah..seems out of character for you...seeing as how u post on RF and almost love blowing sunshine up their insecure arses...but u know the narrative there and if u say anything that goes against the masses there or anything positive about your team it causes a crap show...

4 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Stay safe  

It happens. If you are going to call us a bunch of assholes, at least do the polite thing and call us a bunch of assholes on Lionbackers.com

Or do it here. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

**** Whitehead. He's gone, he's the enemy now. I don't care if he's a nice guy. 

He talked trash on the pregame on 680 and got what he deserved.

What did he say outside of that he runs faster than anyone? 

People were focusing on Lucky playing us, but Kenny Lawler was cut by BC. Made it clear playing agsinst BC was different for him.

Also said BC told him they would compensate him after he tore his hamstring and never did. 

Edited by Geebrr

6 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

**** Whitehead. He's gone, he's the enemy now. I don't care if he's a nice guy. 

He talked trash on the pregame on 680 and got what he deserved.

Dont you worry, i noticed our bench was talking a lot of smack to Lucky on the sidelines when he was within ear shot lol. He's a braggadocious type guy but was very much silenced last night.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not really sure what people are expecting with returns.  Kicks are placed so they are basically not returnable.  It takes a mistake by the kicker to open up the field.  Grant averaged almost 10 yards per punt return which is about average and 25 per kickoff which is among the tops in the league.  His long for punts is also 15 so his average is a bit lower because he hasn't had the chance to bust a few (unlike the guys ahead of him on the average per return rankings).

The art/science of kicking (particularly punting) and kick coverage feel like they are leaps and bounds above the days when I first started watching the league. It used to feel like any kick could result in a return TD but these days, even on missed field goals, cover teams seem to have the coverage and lane control down to a T. This makes me think it is more than just positional punting, though that obviously plays a huge part. I feel like the guys covering kicks and specializing in special teams are just heads and shoulders better than the scrubs who used to do these jobs. Being a career special teamer has become a skilled position in and of itself.

24 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Stay safe  

I'll just say this. 

Not too often people will eat crow over forums and admit they were wrong...

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah..seems out of character for you...seeing as how u post on RF and almost love blowing sunshine up their insecure arses...but u know the narrative there and if u say anything that goes against the masses there or anything positive about your team it causes a crap show...

You need to blow a certain amount of sunshine up everyone's arses when you're on another team's board. You can't be aggressive all the time. Here as well. But if you want to participate in CFL discussion that's what you need to do. We don't have a lot of discussion out this way, hell we're lucky If the Lions make page 6 of the sports page. If we did I would probably frequent other boards less often. 

Lucky seems like an awesome dude. I don't think he deserved to have his wrist broken. That just comes with the territory of being in Brandon Alexander's... territory. 

Hope it's not as bad as it seems and he can come back and continue his stellar season. And then maybe if he doesn't want to get hit by BA anymore he can join us for next year.

Just now, lyin' guy said:

You need to blow a certain amount of sunshine up everyone's arses when you're on another team's board. You can't be aggressive all the time. Here as well. But if you want to participate in CFL discussion that's what you need to do. We don't have a lot of discussion out this way, hell we're lucky If the Lions make page 6 of the sports page. If we did I would probably frequent other boards less often. 

Agreed...but u can post fact based messages on RF and they still attack and dispute it...if any forum group can be called assbags it's that one..