3 stars HH stamp the refs

wbbfan

1. Collaros - had some misses and bad reads, but there have been way worse Bomber QB performances on 2 days of reps.

2. Jefferson - Not many big stats, but guy was disruptive.

3. Grant - had a couple big returns (2-point convert), and a smart heads-up play to catch a bad punt on the fly (resulting in 15 yard no yards penalty, setting Bombers up at CAL 25 yard line)

HH to Medlock for pulling down the high snap and still getting that punt away with under 3 left to play - if we turnover on downs there, pretty much game over, game-winning kick is just icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm assuming (hoping) CS and MN were standing beside ZC supporting him, giving him an extra set of eyes when the defense was on. Reasonlable expectation? 

Collaros said in an interview that Nichols has been helping him a lot with learning the playbook. Nichols was there on the sidelines for Streveler when he was starting so I can't imagine he wouldn't be doing the same for Collaros.

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Collaros

Grant

Lawler

HH-Medlock for the winner

The Michael Scott Incompetence Award: The entire reffing crew and the command centre for missing the headshot on Collaros when he had given himself up.

Plus mos for not challenging the hit on collaros and the horse collar tackle on grant. 

So many plays made, so many players factored in to this big win for the Bombers. You can go up and down the lineup and pick out players who contributed in the “let’s let Bo know” movement. At the end, when you realize we won, there is satisfaction in knowing Bo lost, when he obviously thought they were going to win. 
Stick that in your arm Bo!

Collaros

Bighill

Demski

HH...Janarion Grant

For all those that are comparing Collaros numbers to Strevelers numbers is moot.  Collaros moved the ball and made plays that Streveler would or could not have made.  The TD pass to Adams is a play that Streveler  would not have made.  I also think the O-line played better but more importantly the Stamps had to respect Collaros more than they did last week with Streveler.   Sure there were warts in his game but with more practice time he'll develop more rapport with his receivers.

Last night we saw a QB drive the field for a win.  When was the last time we saw a WBB QB do that? Sure his numbers weren't what some of you want but it's what he got done with those numbers is whats most important.  

23 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Collaros

Bighill

Demski

HH...Janarion Grant

For all those that are comparing Collaros numbers to Strevelers numbers is moot.  Collaros moved the ball and made plays that Streveler would or could not have made.  The TD pass to Adams is a play that Streveler  would not have made.  I also think the O-line played better but more importantly the Stamps had to respect Collaros more than they did last week with Streveler.   Sure there were warts in his game but with more practice time he'll develop more rapport with his receivers.

Last night we saw a QB drive the field for a win.  When was the last time we saw a WBB QB do that? Sure his numbers weren't what some of you want but it's what he got done with those numbers is whats most important.  

Streveler way our performed that in his first 4 starts this season, and drove for the win in Regina.

Really the difference is the offensive game plan and Lapolice’s fright.  I’d like to see Streveler with a pro OC or offensive head coach.  Lapolice does horrible work with young players, I don’t want him near any of our good prospects including McGuire.

They don’t practice in pads or anywhere near game speed so I’m not sure how useful that is for rapport building, film work will probably help the most.

Collaros- looked good with not too much film / play book time yet 

OL - solid pass pro against a good front, they were very good in the 4th Q when it really counted.  Rushing attack was average without the dual threat, but we’ll take the W

D - made that last stop when it counted.  I was questioning the call but they sure proved me wrong

HH Medlock - chip shot FG for the win. But more important, some nice punts that pinned the Stamps deep.  

On a side note, the Stamps’ kicking game probably cost them a win. Missed FG, missed convert, costly decision / terrible punt out of their own end zone

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I thought a key point in the game was making the Stamps pay for punting out of their own end zone. 

God I said when they kicked that ball, no respect for our offense. It's an insult that I am glad cost them. 

The other key play was Grant returning the missed convert. It's the kind of big play that can energize a group. 

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

I feel like Collaros and Nichols are similar QBs so ZC can run MN playbook. In theory, things could look a lot similar to earlier in the year with Collaros getting the bulk and Strev running the short yardage and special packages.... 

Having Collaros around is probably also not a bad thing for Streveler either, because before he was hurt all the time Collaros was also a pretty decent runner, so having a guy who can run but is experienced enough to keep his eyes downfield while doing so could be good for a young guy like streveler. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Wrong. MOS said after the game the refs told him the commander centre was looking at the hit. Would have been a wasted challenge. 

Plus it wasn't a horse collar tackle. The replay showed the Stamps player grabbing his shoulder pad.   It just looked like  a horse collar because Grant's head whipped back.

Edited by B-F-F-C

Medlock - made all his kick plus his punting was top notch

Janarion Grant - 200 plus return yards

Zach Collars - had not play a full game in over a year. Some rust but made a lot of throws in tight windows which we have not seen since Nichols went down.

HH - Nick Hallett not sure if he had any special teams tackles but he gets down field and is in position 

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Medlock - made all his kick plus his punting was top notch

Janarion Grant - 200 plus return yards

Zach Collars - had not play a full game in over a year. Some rust but made a lot of throws in tight windows which we have not seen since Nichols went down.

HH - Nick Hallett not sure if he had any special teams tackles but he gets down field and is in position 

You Know what Collaros looked like? He looked like Nichols in his first WBB start (Banjo Bowl)..... Rusty, not pretty, but got it done.... 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

God I said when they kicked that ball, no respect for our offense. It's an insult that I am glad cost them. 

The other key play was Grant returning the missed convert. It's the kind of big play that can energize a group. 

Doug Brown said "that was a lot of effort for two points." Those two points are looking really good right now.

Yeah, the Stamps get away with being AAF, because most of the time no one makes them pay.  It just needs to happen more often.

We are 2 - 1 against Calgary, with the one loss only by 4 points.  I am going to bet that is one prediction none of us made. 

So many plays made, so many players factored in to this big win for the Bombers. You can go up and down the lineup and pick out players who contributed in the “let’s let Bo know” movement. At the end, when you realize we won, there is satisfaction in knowing Bo lost, when he obviously thought they were going to win. 

Just now, Mr Dee said:

The downside is that this Bomber victory may well allow the Riders to finish first in the west. Ugh. But worth it, I suppose.