Hat guy vs Jerks Vol 2

I doubt the riders have cap room even though they are paying peanuts for their shitty QBs 

They pay well over 3/4 of a million for their dline..solly..Ryan.. roosevelt.. Powell.. arceneaux..all well over 100k..

Plus i doubt Reilly would agree to go there..he's big city...not craptacular regina 

16 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Well he'll be starting somewhere else next year if we don't give him a chance to do that here. And that would be a real shame.

I don't know why you think if he goes to another CFL team he'll be a starter. I'm beginning to think he's a  Dan LeFevour type qb. Big, athletic, great in short yardage who can run but he can't pass consistently.  When he was in for injury relief of Nichols he didn't look like he could  generate any drives downfield.

Sorry bb1 no guarantee he'll ever be a starter.  Here or anywhere else. If Nichols was lost for the season could Streveler carry this team as far as it could go? How many great running qbs have we seen come up here & do nothing as a starter. I want to see him do more than he does as his role is limited & its about time Osh & LaPo  allowed him to do just that.  It's the typical backup qb scenario. The backup needs experience to play but how can the backup get experience when he doesn't play?

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think Streveler is a better passer than you are giving him credit for, however he is still very raw and I don't think he's ready to be a starter yet. 

His footwork and mechanics need work. Throws off his back foot alot, that will get you in trouble in the pros, especially a field as wide as ours. He has a huge tendency to just use his arm when making throws, has a tough time stepping into them and is stiff in the upper body. 

He has alot going for him, but his footwork need attention if he wants to be more than a bit player. 

Edited by Dodge and Burn

4 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

His footwork and mechanics need work. Throws off his back foot alot, that will get you in trouble in the pros, especially a field as wide as ours. 

He has alot going for him, but his footwork need attention if he wants to be more than a bit player. 

Needs to develop his pocket presence & learn to do his reads, hang in there & throw the ball in the teeth of a fierce pass rush.  Not just take off when his first read isn't there. That takes time. And patience.

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Needs to develop his pocket presence & learn to do his reads, hang in there & throw the ball in the teeth of a fierce pass rush.  Not just take off when his first read isn't there. That takes time. And patience.

Streveler has been a Bomber for a year and a half and if anything his progression has regressed compared to what he showed as a starter in the first 3 games of last season.  I blame LaPo for brainwashing him by only allowing him to watch LeFevour game film.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry bb1 no guarantee he'll ever be a starter.  Here or anywhere else. If Nichols was lost for the season could Streveler carry this team as far as it could go? How many great running qbs have we seen come up here & do nothing as a starter. I want to see him do more than he does as his role is limited & its about time Osh & LaPo  allowed him to do just that.  It's the typical backup qb scenario. The backup needs experience to play but how can the backup get experience when he doesn't play?

So wouldn't you think that if he can't do it we need to keep rolling guys through until we find one that can? 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The old there's no guarantee 'argument'. Of course there's no guarantee. There never is.

If Nichols was lost for the season... Yes, I think Streveler is good enough to take the team as far as it can go. All we need is a QB who can throw for 200 yards and rarely turn the ball over.

Last game we had the perfect opportunity to give Streveler experience. We chose to keep Nichols in even tho he was having a terrible game. The backup isn't going to get experience unless Nichols is injured.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Last game we had the perfect opportunity to give Streveler experience. We chose to keep Nichols in even tho he was having a terrible game. The backup isn't going to get experience unless Nichols is injured.

You don't pull your starter in a one score game... the blow outs against Tor and Ott were the times that Streveler should've played more... and been given the full play book...

Friday's game reminded me of the Banjo Bowl last season. Nothing was working on offense and no adjustments seemed to be made. And like last year's Banjo Bowl, a QB would've not made a difference, IMO. Streveler still doesn't seem to have his reads down, he rarely stays in the pocket, his passing needs a considerable amount of work, and with how poorly the O-line was playing in both run blocking and pass protection, it'd have likely been just him lowering his head and barreling down the middle for a gain of a few.

I'm all for giving backups reps in-game, but I don't think Friday was the right opportunity for that.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

You don't pull your starter in a one score game... the blow outs against Tor and Ott were the times that Streveler should've played more... and been given the full play book...

I agree that Streveler should have got more playing time and the full playbook against Tor and Ott. I disagree that you don't pull a player who is having the worst game he's had in about a year. It wouldn't have mattered if we lost with Streveler getting more reps or with Nichols getting the reps, but Streveler needs those reps to get better and gave us a better chance to win IMO.

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I like Streveler and his upside but right now not sure he's a full time starter. Right now he feels a bit like he'd be a killer QB in an old school college option offense.

You're right- there is doubt as to whether Streveler is capable of being a starter or stepping in when Nichols goes down and saving the game, and at this rate, we will never know. Streveler needs 5 minutes or so of meaningful playing time with a full playbook to be able to show what he has or does not have. A couple of the games the Bombers were far enough ahead that it made sense to sub Streveler in so that if Nichols goes down hard, we have a viable alternative or start looking elsewhere for one.