Hat guy vs Jerks Vol 2

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Lions are so bad in so many areas that any new GM, or coach for that matter, would not know where to start.

Reneg all those high end contracts. Since you are starting 9 / 10 Canadians - find some Americans for your OL who can actually play. No idea where you’d start with that D - pull a position out of a hat. 

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

how long till Wally gets called out of retirement yet again.....?

He won't touch that mess with a 10 foot pole. 

But christ all is well for the Riders after beating teams with a combined 1-12 record.. which is likely 0-13 if they hadn't played each other. 

As he did after the previous 5 games..so what's the point here?

Matt didnt leave us..or come here for way over priced contract and proceeded to suck on a really bad team with zero depth

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Reneg all those high end contracts. Since you are starting 9 / 10 Canadians - find some Americans for your OL who can actually play. No idea where you’d start with that D - pull a position out of a hat. 

No CFL contract is guaranteed so if the Lions want salary cap relief & to start from scratch next season that might be what I'd do. A total rebuild. They're stuck this season but I can see a lot of overpriced veterans getting their walking papers in the off season.

24 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Mattys account went up pretty good after the last game as well.... 🤣

You just never stop. Even a 3 day hospital stay & convalescing at home with the pain of a knee replacement is far, far better than having to read your continuos one take posts on Nichols. You don't seem to know how to talk about anything else. Glad I had a one week break.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

The big question is what do the Lions do with Reilly? Does it make financial sense paying him $750,000 a season & still lose? Plus he'll be 34 soon. He's 3 or 4 years past any upside. Do you jettison a bunch of underperforming vets with big contracts & keep him? Or should he be the first to go & try to recruit someone younger & cheaper? That'll be one of the many dilemmas the Lions will have to sort out.

***Just an aside but I believe Nick Arbuckle may be a free agent next season.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The big question is what do the Lions do with Reilly? Does it make financial sense paying him $750,000 a season & still lose? Plus he'll be 34 soon. He's 3 or 4 years past any upside. Do you jettison a bunch of underperforming vets with big contracts & keep him? Or should he be the first to go & try to recruit someone younger & cheaper? That'll be one of the many dilemmas the Lions will have to sort out.

***Just an aside but I believe Nick Arbuckle may be a free agent next season.

The Lions might consider trading him to Hamilton for a massive return 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

The Lions might consider trading him to Hamilton for a massive return 

Reilly would have to be willing to take a huge pay cut which I doubt. As it stands now, there's no way he falls into any other team's salary cap system. He's probably priced himself out of the market. The Lions may have to cut him.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Reilly would have to be willing to take a huge pay cut which I doubt. As it stands now, there's no way he falls into any other team's salary cap system. He's probably priced himself out of the market. The Lions may have to cut him.

I guess it would depend what is going back. Masoli is off the books now. 

It definitely would take some maneuvering 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I guess it would depend what is going back. Masoli is off the books now. 

It definitely would take some maneuvering 

Even with Masoli off the books, they probably need to consider if they can afford it. Salary cap aside - probably not a lot of spare cash for any team other than the Riders. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I’m sure a huge chunk was paid as a signing bonus

but no Hervey would be nuts to trade Reilly ... this year any way

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I’m sure a huge chunk was paid as a signing bonus

but no Hervey would be nuts to trade Reilly ... this year any way

Considering all the other weird moves that Hervey has made so far, is that so much of a stretch to imagine?