Thanksgiving Football

Atomic

3 hours ago, Booch said:

you know B.C is looking to go throttle the Riders to pass the Schmoes...

Unfortunately I don't see Jennings being able to beat the Riders. Way to beat the Riders is to protect the football and I don't trust Jennings to protect the football at all. 

10 hours ago, TheBandit said:

They  have multiple weeks before playoffs start. You’re absolutely delusional if you think you’re going to get past the Stamp. Your team has 3 games left and frankly I see your only win being against the Riders next weekend and that’s it. Guess you’ll see.

so you're really not interested in actually discussing things and instead are choosing to simply talk **** about the bombers. GTFO of here with that nonsense. Come back when you want to talk football, though I don't truly expect any Rider fan to have a hot clue about football so maybe the fault is mine for expecting too much from you. 

More from Rider columnist Darrell Davis..telling it like it is.

“Until Willie Jefferson made a Willie Jefferson-type play that was somehow allowed by the CFL’s video-review officials, the Saskatchewan Roughriders were poised to lose a pivotal game against the Edmonton Eskimos.

But while Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly was absorbing a helmet hit and getting fallen on by Riders defensive lineman Zack Evans, Jefferson — one of the league’s top defensive players — grabbed an interception and carried it 49 yards for a game-deciding touchdown. Video review somehow ignored the late-game, roughing-the-passer penalties and Saskatchewan beat Edmonton 19-12.”

32 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

“Until Willie Jefferson made a Willie Jefferson-type play that was somehow allowed by the CFL’s video-review officials, the Saskatchewan Roughriders were poised to lose a pivotal game against the Edmonton Eskimos.

But while Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly was absorbing a helmet hit and getting fallen on by Riders defensive lineman Zack Evans, Jefferson — one of the league’s top defensive players — grabbed an interception and carried it 49 yards for a game-deciding touchdown. Video review somehow ignored the late-game, roughing-the-passer penalties and Saskatchewan beat Edmonton 19-12.”

Davis is still mad his info leak Taman got fired

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Unfortunately I don't see Jennings being able to beat the Riders. Way to beat the Riders is to protect the football and I don't trust Jennings to protect the football at all. 

BC has to come to Regina.  They will be throttling no one.  Get us behind and we are in trouble because we can't score.  We are having trouble scoring 20 points per game. Protecting the ball against us however is easier said than done, but you are correct that is the key

17 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm not sure Esks will even make the playoffs...  Jason Maas' postgame interview was scary - he sounds lost...  'if receivers run their routes, we win'...  

Makes me appreciate Osh actually.

I actually kind of agree with you... watching the Esks play yesterday I'm not sure they'll win again this season... but that being said, I also don't have much faith in the Jennings-led Lions... With Lulay, the Lions are in a race for 2nd right now...

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I actually kind of agree with you... watching the Esks play yesterday I'm not sure they'll win again this season... but that being said, I also don't have much faith in the Jennings-led Lions... With Lulay, the Lions are in a race for 2nd right now...

Both Solly and Lulay expected back shortly.

The BC Lions could have linebacker Solomon Elimimian and quarterback Travis Lulay back from injury this week, in time for their next game against the division-leading Calgary Stampeders.

According to TSN's Farhan Lalji, Elimimian will get final imaging and hopefull clearance to play on Tuesday, while Lulay is also optimistic about being able to play next week.

#BCLions @SolomonE56 will be getting final imaging & hopeful clearance to play on Tues. @TravisLulay is also optimistic about being able to play next week. @CFLonTSN @TSN1040 @TSN_Sports @cfl

55 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Lulay playing, could very well be the difference in BC beating out Edmonton for a playoff spot.

Lulay and his team may accomplish that......but after that they are done no matter who is at QB..... the first good hit on Lulay will be very telling, if he is playing at all.

Sask is coming in to Winnipeg on a short week and then they have to go to Calgary.  0-2 isn't a stretch.  Their final game is against BC in Regina, then they end the season with a bye.

I think BC with Lulay could beat the Riders but not Jennings.  We'll see if he is healthy.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Looksl like it's Lulay - https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/bc-lions/b-c-lions-lulay-feeling-good-expected-to-return-from-dislocated-shoulder/wcm/fb1c9f57-cc6f-450b-963a-e3e58cd54444

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

That was such a bullshit non call. The Riders always get every break & I don't think they're lucky. I think it's garbage officiating & the CFL wanting to prop up the team. 

7 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Lulay won't make much difference. His career is winding down and he has been in and out of the line up too much to come in this late in the season and be as effective as he once was. 

Jennings makes Lulay look like Joe Montana so yeah, he’ll make a difference.