Thanksgiving Football

Atomic

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Does it matter? With the Argo's loss, it's mathematically official there will be a Western crossover again... the Als are done, and the Stamps pretty much have 1st place locked up... they'd practically have to lose out for the 'Riders catch them.

As for the 'Riders... a loss would be ideal and go quite nicely with turkey.

What do you mean "does it matter"?  I think that would be a lot more entertaining than another Stampeder blowout.

And I never need an excuse to enjoy watching the Riders lose.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What do you mean "does it matter"?  I think that would be a lot more entertaining than another Stampeder blowout.

By "does it matter" I was referring to the fact that on both sides for the Als/Stamps game it has some pretty minimal implications... the 'Stamps have already locked up a playoff spot, and the Als are toast. That doesn't mean I won't tune in - and I agree it'd be more entertaining to see a competitive game, I just can't see it happening in Montreal now having even less to play for.

Much more excited for the Edmonton/Riders matchup - and I agree a 'Riders loss at home would be a perfect way to end a day off with pay.

I'd say it matters... as we'd all love to see the Stamps start stumbling down the stretch!   Bombers control their own destiny, especially with a W from the Esks today!   Seeing the Stamps go on a bit of a slide right now would be perfect with them visiting IGF in a few weeks.  They'll be playing desperate football teams the rest of the way, and with the injuries they've been sustaining, I think they're as beatable as they've been all season!

I don't think Montreal gets it done, but it would be nice to see a competitive entertaining game!

Montreal all the way baby!

“ Bo Levi Mitchell – no wins at Molson: The Stamps #1 QB recorded his 67th career victory as a starter last week and is now at 67-12-2 .840 in 81 starts. He threw for 307 yards making it 29 times at 300+ and moved his record at McMahon Stadium to 38-4.
His road record coming into this game is 29-8-2 but just 0-2 in Montreal having lost when facing Rakeem Cato in 2015 and Darian Durant in 2017. Mitchell threw for 379 yards and one TD in last year’s loss in Montreal.

Maybe the Larks will get lucky and win with goal post interference..

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

Rider_Fun.gif

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think Calgary"s injuries on offense are finally catching up to them.

GAME NOTES:

Stampeders Receiver starters: Despite a lineup that has just 4 starters at Receiver each week (most clubs start 5 receivers – Calgary starts a Fullback each week), Calgary has been forced to employ 8 different starters in 2018. Their receiver starters include Daniels 12, Jorden 10, Michel 10, Durant 8, Begelton 6, Rogers 4, Brescacin 1 and Ambles 1. Julan Lynch and Richard Sindani have also played a major role this year for them at that position.”

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Yeah that trade is starting to look pretty decent...  but when is he a free agent...??

In 2020 as he signed a 2 year deal.  The only bad thing I see for Manziel is having Mike Sherman as a HC & Khari Jones as his OC. If anything, they'll stymie his creativity thereby his development.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Let Manziel go for it...  there's literally nothing to lose

Edit:  Sherman just let the time tick down without calling a timeout.... wtf??  Then a garbage penalty like that

Plus as it was a first down he should have called a time out with time on the clock in case of a fumble snap so they could have a redo.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Gobble up these historical facts:

“ There has been a Thanksgiving Day CFL game in each year since 1958 - 118 games in total and for the 61st consecutive year. - - There have been 67 Thanksgiving Day games won by the home team, 49 by the visitors and 2 ties.
- The highest scoring game came in 1992 - Winnipeg 49, Ottawa 47; the lowest came in 1966 - Hamilton 8, Winnipeg 7
- Edmonton has played the most Thanksgiving Day games with 33 and their meeting with Saskatchewan extends that to 34.
- In 2018 Calgary will make it 29 appearances and Montreal 33 in their game; Saskatchewan will make appearance #24.
- Edmonton is 20-12-1 on Thanksgiving Day and will play the Riders who are at precisely .500 at 11-11-1 on this Day
- Calgary sits at 13-15 all-time and will play Montreal who are at 16-16; this will be their 4th meeting on Thanksgiving Day. - Oddly, the Riders and Eskimos have only two meetings on Thanksgiving Day - in 1962 and in 2011 (one win each).
- Winnipeg owns the largest comeback win on this day in 2010 overcoming a 21-point BC lead to win 47-35 in Overtime.”

-Game Notes