Thanksgiving Football

Atomic

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

You are revising history to suit your argument - Milt Stegall & Arlan Bruce were targeted deep plenty, and with success. 

and when they weren't throwing deep to those two they were dumping it off to Roberts and Sellers. 

See we still do the big deep shot or dump offs, just that without Khari Jones, Milt Stegall and Arland Bruce it's not nearly as effective so we get more dump offs since Dressler, Harris and Demski are more suited to that. 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and when they weren't throwing deep to those two they were dumping it off to Roberts and Sellers. 

See we still do the big deep shot or dump offs, just that without Khari Jones, Milt Stegall and Arland Bruce it's not nearly as effective so we get more dump offs since Dressler, Harris and Demski are more suited to that. 

So it’s not that Lapo doesn’t want solid deep threats in his O - thank you. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lapo was a very lucky guy - 2002 team was STACKED...  

58 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

So it’s not that Lapo doesn’t want solid deep threats in his O - thank you. 

You are arguing a point I've never made, I said Lapo likes to dump it off, which is true, but he also likes to throw deep. See that's always been my beef with him. He's either huck it deep or dump it off, he doesn't like the intermediate stuff. We get token intermediate throws at best in his offense and that hasn't changed. My point is trying to say he doesn't like the dump offs because of 2002 it just being difficult. 

You want to know another way I know that Lapo is a fool pretending to be brilliant? His plan to replace Bruce in 03 was to put Marcus Howell in that spot. 

Yeah what a brilliant offensive mind. Guy rides the coat tails of talented players like the Stegalls and Harris' of the world but without that kind of star power he's got nothing. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You are arguing a point I've never made, I said Lapo likes to dump it off, which is true, but he also likes to throw deep. See that's always been my beef with him. He's either huck it deep or dump it off, he doesn't like the intermediate stuff. We get token intermediate throws at best in his offense and that hasn't changed. My point is trying to say he doesn't like the dump offs because of 2002 it just being difficult. 

You want to know another way I know that Lapo is a fool pretending to be brilliant? His plan to replace Bruce in 03 was to put Marcus Howell in that spot. 

Yeah what a brilliant offensive mind. Guy rides the coat tails of talented players like the Stegalls and Harris' of the world but without that kind of star power he's got nothing. 

I'm not necessarily defending Lapo but name an offensive coordinator who didn't/doesn't have talented players and few stars but still managed/manages a high level of success?  

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I wouldn't ever say he's got 'nothing'...  you're a Lapo hater but you leave out the fact that the bombers FORGOT that the screen pass existed for like 5-6 years...

Our current offence is Lapo with a bum shoulder Khari Jones...  not good enough for 2003 bombers but light years better than anything we've had since 2008.

Demski/Harris are 'almost' a Sellers/Roberts type of scheme... I just can't figure out why he won't run a true two back system more - its one of his strengths.

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I wouldn't ever say he's got 'nothing'...  you're a Lapo hater but you leave out the fact that the bombers FORGOT that the screen pass existed for like 5-6 years...

Our current offence is Lapo with a bum shoulder Khari Jones...  not good enough for 2003 bombers but light years better than anything we've had since 2008.

Demski/Harris are 'almost' a Sellers/Roberts type of scheme... I just can't figure out why he won't run a true two back system more - its one of his strengths.

Well, apparently even suggesting it is idiotic.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Well, apparently even suggesting it is idiotic.

No one runs a 2 back system in the CFL. To do that means a receiver comes off the field.  The way offenses are set up with the passing game today that would be a detriment & not an advantage. Would I like to see a 2 back set, yes. But that's like wishing the true tight end would come back but it isn't.