Thanksgiving Football

Atomic

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know if BLM would stay. He might go elsewhere but it'd take $700,000 -$800,000 or more to do it. If the salary cap goes up significantly with the new collective agreement then why not? 

The cap won't be going up significantly.  Where is that money coming from?  At least a third of the league is hemorrhaging money at the current level of compensation.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The cap won't be going up significantly.  Where is that money coming from?  At least a third of the league is hemorrhaging money at the current level of compensation.

It'll have to go up or we'll lose players to the XFL & AAFL. Things can't stay the way they are now. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It'll have to go up or we'll lose players to the XFL & AAFL. Things can't stay the way they are now. 

You could say the same about operating teams in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto.

Upward pressure on salaries is going to result in the prairie teams signing the paycheques of the whole league again and put the whole thing in peril.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You could say the same about operating teams in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto.

Upward pressure on salaries is going to result in the prairie teams signing the paycheques of the whole league again and put the whole thing in peril.

CFL teams lose out on revenues with high ticket prices on game day tickets. They could sell these empty seats in every stadium for half the cost but teams refuse to do so. So, thousands of empty seats are never occupied & teams get zero revenues for them plus lose money on concessions & merchandising. In Calgary here 10-13,000 seats are always empty. Edmonton has 22,000 seats that are never used. I think they could solve a lot of problems by lowering prices. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

CFL teams lose out on revenues with high ticket prices on game day tickets. They could sell these empty seats in every stadium for half the cost but teams refuse to do so. So, thousands of empty seats sit empty & teams get zero revenues for them plus lose on concessions & merchandising. In Calgary here 10-13,000 seats are always empty. I think they could solve a lot of problems by lowering prices. 

I have to respectfully disagree, if it was that simple, there is no doubt they'd to it to make more money, no?

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I have to respectfully disagree, if it was that simple, there is no doubt they'd to it to make more money, no?

Teams seem to have budgeted more for TV money than ticket sales. I know it sounds ridiculous but why else would teams sell individual game tickets on the 30 yard line at McMahon for $80? People can stay home & watch on tv & they do. Ticket prices across the CFL have effectively eliminated the game day walk up crowd. Teams like Winnipeg & Calgary used to count on an extra 8-10,000 in ticket sales on game days but no more. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27