When does the bowman experiment end? (Bowman traded to Montreal)

wbbfan

When we have decent looking receivers sitting on the pr...guys like Simonise who would luv to get a start... then staying with a dud that should be a stud, is looking very much like the trademark of this club...Potential talent is either let go or left to languish on the pr till they want out...Somebody better get this thing by the horns in short order or the repetition of previous years failures are on the horizon...if not already here....IF I see another performance from Bowman like we've witnessed up till now in the Argo's back to back...someone should get their arse kicked..Time to show up Bowman

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

well if a guy isnt going to play for more then a week you may as well 6 game him. Have a chance to save that money from the cap. Plus we always see every kind of silliness with the IR and info about players injuries. Hes week to week we will re evaluate him next week should be back soon x6 then done for the season etc. 

It would make more sense to just release him if he isn't going to play rather than pay a guy to do nothing. IIRC players who are on the 6 game can't attend meetings as well as practice for the first 4 weeks.

2 hours ago, blitzmore said:

They have some decent looking receivers on the practice roster. This talk that they NEVER bring in good receivers is ridiculous.

I literally can't think of one good import receiver that Walters has recruited. Darvin Adams came from Toronto, but he was fairly unheradled (much like Terrance Edwards) but if there's someone else please name them.

Practice squad guys who haven't played in an actual game don't count. 

18 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

It was a bad signing to begin with, and he’s been significantly worse than I expected. 

I would put Flanders in for Bowman ASAP.

Why? Demski is doing everything that Flanders did last year. We don't need another RB on the roster. If Bowman needs to be replaced, replace him with an actual receiver from the PR. Washington or Thompkins. 

I'm not convinced that Bowman needs to go, it's not like he's been dropping balls. We really don't know if he's not getting open without studying the film. Lapo just needs to run some plays for him and Nichols needs to actually hit him instead of running 100 swing passes behind the line of scrimmage for Demski.

I've tried to get some idea of where the defensive backfield lines up.... for all of the teams.

I can't really see much difference. lots of them have them ten yards or so from the line.

I can't tell where the safety is he's off the screen.

I think it's not so much where they line up, but what they do when the play starts. maybe.

somebody help me out here.

also, it would be good for tsn to show a big picture sometimes that shows every player.

I need this for my post game analysis 😂

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Why? Demski is doing everything that Flanders did last year. We don't need another RB on the roster. If Bowman needs to be replaced, replace him with an actual receiver from the PR. Washington or Thompkins. 

I'm not convinced that Bowman needs to go, it's not like he's been dropping balls. We really don't know if he's not getting open without studying the film. Lapo just needs to run some plays for him and Nichols needs to actually hit him instead of running 100 swing passes behind the line of scrimmage for Demski.

Demski runs East-West far too much. He doesn't do "everything" that Flanders did, Flanders is a much better player than Demski just with the wrong passport.

Bowman is completely done, he didn't play well with Edmonton last year either. He's not dropping the ball because he's not being targeted. He made one catch last week, to go along with one drop and one offside penalty. I would be shocked if he's still in the lineup for us passed Labour Day.

4 hours ago, Jacquie said:

It would make more sense to just release him if he isn't going to play rather than pay a guy to do nothing. IIRC players who are on the 6 game can't attend meetings as well as practice for the first 4 weeks.

No you do it to keep their rights... You can revoke them from the list at no cost before that if they are ready. if they dont end up being ready it saves you a bit of cap space. 

As far as i know injured players can go to meetings still...

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No you do it to keep their rights... You can revoke them from the list at no cost before that if they are ready. if they dont end up being ready it saves you a bit of cap space. 

As far as i know injured players can go to meetings still...

Why can't they go to meetings? They're part of the team. 

I haven't watched Bowman play so I'm not sure if it's the play selection or him giving up on routes or if the QB is just not looking his way.   They *should* have some quick outs designed for him that they can go to early in games.  I'd give the guy a few more games and if he's still not producing then bring in the next guy for a look. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why can't they go to meetings? They're part of the team. 

ive never heard that doesnt make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I haven't watched Bowman play so I'm not sure if it's the play selection or him giving up on routes or if the QB is just not looking his way.   They *should* have some quick outs designed for him that they can go to early in games.  I'd give the guy a few more games and if he's still not producing then bring in the next guy for a look. 

Hes the ideal type of guy to toss iso fades to in the red zone. 43% hook up route on attempts to him is pretty dismal though.