When does the bowman experiment end? (Bowman traded to Montreal)

wbbfan

9 catches on 21 passes, 95 yards no tds 5 games. I dont suspect he is highly paid but I feel we'd be better served giving some one like thompkins a look, or bringing back denmark, heck bring in backari grant and start an extra NI. 

Bowman is a guy you need to involve and target a lot to get any thing out of and even then we all know his struggles with his hands. 

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. I have seen nothing in Bowman's play this year to justify his salary or his even being on the field. The games against Toronto ought to tell us if he has any game left.

I have no clue what he is making, but i assume it isnt 100k+. I just cant see that. But yeah I think this series with toronto is as much leash as he should get. The max really. The nucks have handily out shown him thus far. 

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

9 catches on 21 passes, 95 yards no tds 5 games. I dont suspect he is highly paid but I feel we'd be better served giving some one like thompkins a look, or bringing back denmark, heck bring in backari grant and start an extra NI. 

Bowman is a guy you need to involve and target a lot to get any thing out of and even then we all know his struggles with his hands. 

We used to have Canadian scrubs put up those kinds of numbers.  Bowman has had past success with Nichols, and was a YAC machine.....was expecting big things in this O setup.   Question is how long do we wait, for something?

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Bowman, 32, inks a one-year deal worth a reported $140k — friendly numbers all around for #Bombers GM Kyle Walters.

🤢 That is disgusting. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

We used to have Canadian scrubs put up those kinds of numbers.  Bowman has had past success with Nichols, and was a YAC machine.....was expecting big things in this O setup.   Question is how long do we wait, for something?

No joke. He was MIA last year in edm too. 

Don't bring back an aged slug in Denmark to replace Bowman. We have guys on the roster already that can play and replace Bowman and who I feel have more to offer than Denmark. I would sure love to see more of Petermann in Bowmans spot. The guy seems that he can catch and is good on YAC yards like Bowman used to be. Bonus that he is CDN. I think he could be the best CDN receiver we have on the roster but he is a rookie so he isn't getting to play.    

Since game 2 I've being saying that the next game is going to be Bowman's break out game.  Then I thought, now that Nichols is back, the two of them will rekindle the chemistry they use to have in edmonton.   I've got noting else to pin my hopes on.  

So now I'm at the point where I'm wondering if we should move Bowman in to the middle and see if that makes a difference.  Other than that it might be time to sit him and let someone  else get an opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd actually move Bowman to Field WR and maybe alternate him and Adams between the two spots...

If not, I'm fine with Adams-Dressler-Demski-Wolitarsk-Peterman

The only issue with that is it leaves us thin at back up ni wr. (we need you matt coates) hense grant. 

16 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Should be Flanders IN , Bowman OUT

I think flanders is legit injured. I also think when lafrance is healthy we are better off using a DI else where. 

Thompkins is the first wr id give a crack. then washington (corey not the now gone ldamian.) then failing those and if finally healthy then flanders. Can you imagine the offensive threat posed by nubrady, harris and either flanders or lafrance all at once? 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'd actually move Bowman to Field WR and maybe alternate him and Adams between the two spots...

If not, I'm fine with Adams-Dressler-Demski-Wolitarsk-Peterman

Why? Bowman was moved to slot because he couldn’t catch at receiver. 

Darvin also struggles catching over the middle. That’s a bad idea all around. 

2 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Of course he was. If he wasn't they would have 1 gamed him because then he would have been able to practice. He did practice today btw.

well if a guy isnt going to play for more then a week you may as well 6 game him. Have a chance to save that money from the cap. Plus we always see every kind of silliness with the IR and info about players injuries. Hes week to week we will re evaluate him next week should be back soon x6 then done for the season etc. 

30 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Why? Bowman was moved to slot because he couldn’t catch at receiver. 

Darvin also struggles catching over the middle. That’s a bad idea all around. 

Meant swap Adams and Bowman as Boundary and Field WR...

Middle would be Dressler, Wolitarsky and Demski

Bowman is not just not catching balls - he's not blocking either...

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Meant swap Adams and Bowman as Boundary and Field WR...

Middle would be Dressler, Wolitarsky and Demski

Bowman is not just not catching balls - he's not blocking either...

trade him and stankford to a team in the Chinese league for 7 yen. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why do the Bombers never sign receivers & bring them  in? Other teams  do it & we don't.  We roll with the ones we signed in the off season & that's it.  I don't get it & never have. 

Other teams clearly have more competent scouting and personnel people.