When does the bowman experiment end? (Bowman traded to Montreal)

wbbfan

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I just don't understand how they don't have a few designed plays on 1st down where he gets a quick out and we then "hope" that Bowman drags the guy or busts loose for a 20 yard gain.   Was he even targeted tonight?

They ran it on the first drive and he attempted to catch the ball that was right on him by leaping and trying to grab it like his hands were two greased frying pans.

I don’t understand why he leaves his feet everytime a pass comes his way and have also noticed he’s catching more with his arms trying to cushion the ball into his body rather than catching with his hands up.  These two bad habits are sure ways to drop a ton of passes.

When we signed Bowman for $140K, I thought it was a great signing. Now I think we overpaid. We aren't getting our money's worth. We've likely blown 90K or so at this point, but it might be time to give up on the Bowman experiment and move on to younger cheaper players so they have experience come playoff time.

A lot of the angst over Bowman's lack of production is just the result of him not being targeted. Adams is Nichols favorite receiver. That is not going to change. He is even being thrown to when other receivers are open.

The last couple of years there was a lot of hate on this board against Denmark -"He's invisible"... "He can't get open" was a common refrain. 

Well, many times the issue was that he was not targetted. Bowman, by my count, had 2 balls thrown his way on Saturday. One he should have caught. The other was 2 feet in front of him.

Let's relax and give him a few more games. If Dressler or Adams gets injured, we might see Bowmans value increase.

16 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

A lot of the angst over Bowman's lack of production is just the result of him not being targeted. Adams is Nichols favorite receiver. That is not going to change. He is even being thrown to when other receivers are open.

The last couple of years there was a lot of hate on this board against Denmark -"He's invisible"... "He can't get open" was a common refrain. 

Well, many times the issue was that he was not targetted. Bowman, by my count, had 2 balls thrown his way on Saturday. One he should have caught. The other was 2 feet in front of him.

Let's relax and give him a few more games. If Dressler or Adams gets injured, we might see Bowmans value increase.

Catching 40% of the passes thrown his way.  Targeted more than Wolitarsky and far less productive, targeted not much less than Dressler for the season.

If he was catching 70% of his targets you’d be on the right path.  You can’t get more targets when you prove yourself to be unreliable, and that’s why he’s seeing fewer and fewer targets in meaningful parts of the game.

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t hate the man but I definitely hate the football player. 

Hindsight is 20-20 but at this stage I am almost in agreement with going with Peterman or Simonise at Bowman's spot and giving the D another import to work with, or giving one of the young guns on the PR a chance.  Would the D benefit from another import?  I don't know.  I know JBR was saying he wasn't happy with Loffler this year.  Yesterday's game might have masked Loffler's bad play due to the terrible Argo offence.  

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Hindsight is 20-20 but at this stage I am almost in agreement with going with Peterman or Simonise at Bowman's spot and giving the D another import to work with, or giving one of the young guns on the PR a chance.  Would the D benefit from another import?  I don't know.  I know JBR was saying he wasn't happy with Loffler this year.  Yesterday's game might have masked Loffler's bad play due to the terrible Argo offence.  

Loffler's decline in effectiveness is a puzzlement, all right. Could Hall have changed Loffler's role and responsibilities so that he is no longer comfortable with his play?

Not sure how much the money matters at this point. He was getting paid 140k for the season and likely received a significant chunk of that in bonuses.  

I’d like to see the team give him 5 or 6 targets to see if we can’t get him going.  He does seem to be getting open. 

38 minutes ago, do or die said:

Was still searching for him in this last one.   Been like a puff of smoke, so far this year

the way Loffler was playing in his rookie year with the big hits he was not going to have a very long career.  He also wasn't going to remember his name for much longer either.

A lot of the targets Bowman has received this year have been uncatchable balls...and he was open.

He has had one bad drop..so saying he has lost it is a bit premature..the reason the other guys are getting lots of balls is because Bowman is drawing coverage away from them..mainly demski being a prime beneficiary of it..teams know if u leave Bowman unattended he will burn you.. badly.. Demski doesnt have that pedigree yet..hence he is able to be targeted more cleanly 

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Trade him to Alouettes for Ernest Jackson.  See if he can reclaim some magic from his Ottawa days, if not cut him too.  Montreal wanted Bowman bad in the off-season.

Id do that in a heart beat. Id be down to kick in a bit to get williams or BJ. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

A lot of the targets Bowman has received this year have been uncatchable balls...and he was open.

He has had one bad drop..so saying he has lost it is a bit premature..the reason the other guys are getting lots of balls is because Bowman is drawing coverage away from them..mainly demski being a prime beneficiary of it..teams know if u leave Bowman unattended he will burn you.. badly.. Demski doesnt have that pedigree yet..hence he is able to be targeted more cleanly 

I get that....and felt Bowman was a big signing.  But if he is getting consistently open, you would think he would see more balls.....particularly last week, while our O was without a first down, their last 6 possessions.